Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

There was a hilarious conversation during the civil war or initiative where Rich reads rights to the Thunderbolts and they're like WTF?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Rich straight up clowned Tony in his own office and i loved every second of it. I need a Richard Rider Nova ongoing in my life like right now. Until then this thread got me to dig out my Nova back issues for a reread of the entire DNA run.
    Yeah! Makes me smile. Glad to have a very very very small hand in people re-reading Nova Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    While you're re-reading, make sure you enjoy them for me too, yeah? Most of my Nova issues were destroyed by water damage (nothing left but the later issues) and I've had a hard time finding trades.
    That sucks man. Comixlogy usually has a Marvel wide sale of 50% off around Christmas. If they do it again this year you could garb all of that run again for cheap there.

Either way if they do it I will make sure to post it up in here just in case anyone is interested.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    a very moving moment for me was when Rich meets Robbie Baldwin, still as Penance, after the Thunderbolts attack.
    Robbie is another New Warrior I'd like to see again, just like Justice.
    Man that scene is so heart wrenching. I just bet for those who have read the New Warrior stuff it so s much worse. I can't wait to read most of their interactions together.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Nova - Concept Art by Sony Santa Monica Art Director, Rafael Grassetti (God of War PS4)
    Aren't these concept drawings so insanely dope. It really seems like they are perfect for the MCU.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

One of my favorite scene's in the cancer-verse storyline

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Favourite moment ever is Nova having the guts to stand up to Galactus. That whole 3 Issue story is one of my favourites of all time. Love when Rich has the guts to turn around and try to hit Silver Surfer instead of run.

Recently Nova by DNA the complete collection vol. 1 was released. Even though i own the singles i still bought it. Has the 4 issue Nova Annihilation mini plus issues 1-15 plus the annual of the ongoing. Cover price is $39.99 but you can easily find online for half of that. Volume 2 with issues 16-36 actually comes out later this month to complete the run.
    I didnt know that! I'll have to check out Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Sam didn't really have anything to with stunting the IP.
    No he didn't have anything to do with it, he's just what we got because of it.

Come on man, these are fictional characters. They're not responsible for anything. And yes, you could tell as Rich's series went on that Marvel was running out of ideas.

But the shift from Richard to Sam still stunted the franchise's growth, just as it was starting to generate a following, and I regret that Nova didn't get the chance to continue growing as a IP. That's not Sam's fault but the change over still brought the property's growth to a stand still.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Favourite moment ever is Nova having the guts to stand up to Galactus. That whole 3 Issue story is one of my favourites of all time. Love when Rich has the guts to turn around and try to hit Silver Surfer instead of run.
    YES!!!! My fave moment as well especially with him knowing that despite his massive power upgrade that he was literally nothing to Galactus and Surfer.

I didnt know that! I'll have to check out Amazon.
    Figured so definitely wanted to pass that along, Nova fans gotta look out for each other lol.

I loved Rich from Volume 1. The thing I liked about him was that I could relate to a guy who wanted to do the right thing, but would fail. Then he'd get up and do it again, and again. Eventually he grew into the hero he was always meant to be, but he paid his dues. Blue collar hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I loved Rich from Volume 1. The thing I liked about him was that I could relate to a guy who wanted to do the right thing, but would fail. Then he'd get up and do it again, and again. Eventually he grew into the hero he was always meant to be, but he paid his dues. Blue collar hero.
    This was my favorite thing about him as I was reading through his adventures. The kid was this guy who kept getting knocked down but kept pushing forward. He never let it get him down. He never really quit. He just hoped for the best and kept pushing forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Quoted for the truth!!

While you're re-reading, make sure you enjoy them for me too, yeah? Most of my Nova issues were destroyed by water damage (nothing left but the later issues) and I've had a hard time finding trades.
    Your home was flooded? Sorry to hear that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Man I really hope sometime soon we get a Rebirth GL type deal with Rich as the main Nova.

Anyone know where we can buy Rich now? Is the only place in the new Guardians of the Galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Man I really hope sometime soon we get a Rebirth GL type deal with Rich as the main Nova.

Anyone know where we can buy Rich now? Is the only place in the new Guardians of the Galaxy?
    He'll be appearing in the Black Order mini

He'll be appearing in the Black Order mini
    Sweet Thank You! I'm going to grab this. I wish there was away to better track where certain characters are going to be in a given month outside of catching every solicit that comes out.