Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Poor Sam... Cosmo really shouldn't have said that about Rich when he's in earshot.

It's a real shame that series got cancelled so soon. At least both Rich and Sam are still getting used.

It's a shame that this series has lasted so little.
    I never cared for Sam, but after so many years without Rich, it was so fast.

we are so... intense...

Yeah, baby, Cyclops was right! Cyclops was right yet again! Cyclops is always right!! So bring RightClops back.

Yeah, I was super bummed when the last series ended so quickly. I've been a big fan of Rich since Annihilation (I came late to the party, dont judge!) and while I missed the old DnA days of Rich and the Worldmind and the hard sci-fi approach of that series, it was fun to get a kind of buddy cop narrative with him and Sam (I had hoped this could bring the fans together in mutual appreciation).

To this day "It is critical you pay attention at this time!" still brings a smile to my face. And Rich, Worldmind, and Cosmo have one of the best dynamics in cosmic Marvel, as far as Im concerned. Hell, for my money cosmic Marvel doesn't get any better than Richard Rider; Nova Prime. Great costume, great powers......Rich could be one of the heavy hitters in the MU and I've never understood why Marvel pulled the rug out from under him just as his popularity was starting to spike. It felt like Nova's best days were just ahead of him, and then the cancerverse ate him and Sam took over for cartoon synergy.......such a waste. No offense to Sam but the Nova property didn't seem to benefit from the re-start at all. Didn't seem to hurt sales that much, admittedly, but I can only imagine that continued effort with Rich would've continued to elevate his status and starting back at square one with Sam just stunted the whole IP. Sam's fine, but Rich was on a pretty great trajectory and Nova had to start all over again when Sam took over.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    It's a shame that this series has lasted so little.
    I never cared for Sam, but after so many years without Rich, it was so fast.

we are so... intense...

Love this scene. It's cool to see the younger bunch pay respect to Nova Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I was super bummed when the last series ended so quickly. I've been a big fan of Rich since Annihilation (I came late to the party, dont judge!) and while I missed the old DnA days of Rich and the Worldmind and the hard sci-fi approach of that series, it was fun to get a kind of buddy cop narrative with him and Sam (I had hoped this could bring the fans together in mutual appreciation).

To this day "It is critical you pay attention at this time!" still brings a smile to my face. And Rich, Worldmind, and Cosmo have one of the best dynamics in cosmic Marvel, as far as Im concerned. Hell, for my money cosmic Marvel doesn't get any better than Richard Rider; Nova Prime. Great costume, great powers......Rich could be one of the heavy hitters in the MU and I've never understood why Marvel pulled the rug out from under him just as his popularity was starting to spike. It felt like Nova's best days were just ahead of him, and then the cancerverse ate him and Sam took over for cartoon synergy.......such a waste. No offense to Sam but the Nova property didn't seem to benefit from the re-start at all. Didn't seem to hurt sales that much, admittedly, but I can only imagine that continued effort with Rich would've continued to elevate his status and starting back at square one with Sam just stunted the whole IP. Sam's fine, but Rich was on a pretty great trajectory and Nova had to start all over again when Sam took over.
    I wish I had of gotten into Nova sooner. I heard that the character was good.Watch and kept up with the fall out of him being pushed to the side but I still never bothered to pick up a title. Probably one of the dumbest things I have done as a comic fan.

But as to the bold. Back when it happen there were several people saying in the forums and a few articles that Lobe heard about Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be a movie and he wanted/hoped that by creating a Nova he would get one of his characters into live action. Who knows if that really is the case but I somewhat believe that played a part in the decision.

However, at this moment in time I more concern with devouring as many Rich Rider books as I can and staying positive that he is back and hopefully be used more.

I met Rich in the Spiderman books, and then in New Warriors.
    Then, he stayed a few years in limbo, and then came Annihilation.
    I was so happy to see my boy become one of the greats.
    But then... sigh.

Carol Danvers' series has been relaunched every year in the last 13 years, but Rich continues to be boycotted.
    ***deep sigh***
    Yeah, baby, Cyclops was right! Cyclops was right yet again! Cyclops is always right!! So bring RightClops back.

I discovered Rich through the New Warriors but it was the DNA run that made him my favorite cosmic hero. Loved the Annihilation stuff but what really cemnted my love for Rich was the arc with Galactus. It was awesome seeing the former New Warrior fly up to Galactus and have the balls to try and delay his meal.