Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Absolutely love Rich! All-time favorite hero of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    My introduction to Nova was New Warriors vol 1. I LOOOOVE his classic yellow blue costume. Did not care for the super-duper power up they gave him in Annihilation. Just seemed too much of a shift in the character. But love me some classic Nova
    Me too. I never had the chance to read Nova's earlier stories. So when he became a member of the New Warriors, I finally had my chance to read about him. During his time with the New Warriors, my favorite storyline which he was involved in is "Forever Yesterday" (New Warriors, 1990 series #11-13). And I totally agree, his original costume is a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. I never had the chance to read Nova's earlier stories. So when he became a member of the New Warriors, I finally had my chance to read about him. During his time with the New Warriors, my favorite storyline which he was involved in is "Forever Yesterday" (New Warriors, 1990 series #11-13). And I totally agree, his original costume is a classic.
    After I get through some other title's I plan on making my way back to the New Warrior stuff. I want to make sure I get all the details of Rich's heroic journey. Plus reading about Night Thrasher, Justice, and Namorita has me pretty pumped too.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Fan Artz

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The prospect of me learning more about this relationship has me pretty excited as well.

Massive fan of Nova.

Still unsure of where his power level is at now after the solo series depowered him. Reading GOTG his power levels seem to have been increased again.

Beating Moonstone with 1 finger.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Massive fan of Nova.

Still unsure of where his power level is at now after the solo series depowered him. Reading GOTG his power levels seem to have been increased again.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. But the vagueness of the extent of his abilities seem's to be a stable at this point lol.

I know it's not cannon but I like to think of Nova as a type engine with his powers that the more he use's them the more they build. But again that is just how I would like them, don't ever see that being a thing though.

So it turn's out Rich played a pretty big role in the Darkhawk series:

I'm going to have to pick it up. Did anyone here get the chance to read it?

BANNED

YES!!!
    I love Rich.

Article on Richard Rider possibly being in the MCU:

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has dozens of superheroes, but fans always want more. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 teased audiences with a taste of Adam Warlock, but fans are still waiting for Nova to make an appearance. And, if director James Gunn is to be believed, then Marvel Studios may already have plans for the cosmic icon.

Taking to Facebook, the Guardians of the Galaxy visionary did a live Q&A with fans. It was there a fan asked Gunn if the MCU has plans in store for Nova, and the director said Marvel Studios is considering introducing the “real” Nova. So, if you have been waiting to meet Richard Rider, then your number may be called soon.

If you are not familiar with Richard Rider, then you should know the hero is considered Marvel’s de facto take on Nova. The character was usurped in recent years by Sam Alexander, a new hero who suited up as Nova after Rider was trapped in the Cancerverse. Sam’s inheritance of Nova was met with mixed reviews, so Marvel chose to bring back Richard and pair him with his successor to appease fans.

Nova’s history with the Marvel Universe is a complicated one, but fans know it is one closely intertwined with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Gunn’s first Marvel film paid homage to Nova in part by introducing the Nova Corps, a police force that watched over Xandar. The Nova Corps played an important role in the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the nod set up Richard’s future introduction to the MCU.

After all, Richard becomes Nova in the comics after the New York student comes in contact with a Nova Corps soldier. Rhomann Dey crashes onto Earth after escaping Xandar as the planet’s last surviving Nova Corps member. Richard is given Rhomann’s uniform and cosmic powers, and the boy eventually adopts the moniker Nova to protect Earth.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/08...a-for-the-mcu/

Here is another article in regards to Rich and being used in the MCU.

Back in 1978, comic book readers were introduced to the latest superhero sensation: the man called Nova! Richard Rider was chosen to become a member of the Nova Corps, a galactic peacekeeping unit who police the galaxy. Over the years, Nova became a major part of Marvel's cosmic range, and fans have been longing for him to enter the MCU. Now, at last, we're finally hearing rumblings that this may be about to happen.

In a recent Facebook Live video, James Gunn — writer/director of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies — was asked if #Marvel currently has any plans for #Nova. His response left fans electrified; he revealed that Marvel is "considering" using what he called the "real" Nova. And Gunn should know; he's working closely with Marvel visionary Kevin Feige to shape the future cosmic direction of the #MCU.

How Could Nova Be Integrated Into The MCU?

Gunn has previously passed on the character, arguing that he wanted Peter Quill to be the only human out in the heavens. Although leaked concept art teased the classic Nova helmet, Guardians of the Galaxy took a different route; it redesigned the Nova Corps as defenders of their homeworld of Xandar, pilots of starfighters rather than cosmically powered beings in their own right.

The future looks grim for the Nova Corps, though. We know that Infinity War will feature Thanos retrieving the Power Stone, which is currently held on Xandar. Given the Mad Titan's brutal nature, we can imagine that he'll decide to test the Power Stone out — and Xandar will suffer his wrath.

That could easily set up Richard Rider's Nova; in the comics, he was approached by the last of the Nova Corps, Rhomann Dey (played by John C. Reilly in the MCU). It's easy to imagine a scenario in which Dey is the last survivor of Xandar and carried the planet's greatest marvels with him to recreate the Nova Corps. Dying, he chooses an Earthling...

Why We Need Richard Rider

Richard Rider would add a powerful new dynamic to the MCU. Where most superheroes essentially return to their core concepts — how many times will Tony Stark learn the same lessons? — Nova has changed and developed over time. He was introduced as a hero in the same vein as Spider-Man, a teenager who gained phenomenal power and strove to use it for good.

Over the years, though, Nova's story changed. He spent more and more time off world, working as a peacekeeper in some of the most dangerous cosmic situations. He gradually became a soldier, fighting on the front lines in fan-loved arcs such as Annihilation: Conquest, and even reformed the Nova Corps — progressing from soldier to military leader, marshaling the Nova Corps in a time of galactic war.

It's a powerful character arc. Nova went from teen superhero to galactic peacekeeper, from peacekeeper to soldier, from soldier to general. Nova is a character who's ideally suited to the long game; once you introduce him, you can develop him literally over the course of decades. What's more, given Marvel's future clearly involves a strong focus on the cosmic side of the MCU, Nova can be used to explore it like few other characters. After all, he'll initially embrace the galaxy with all the wide-eyed wonder of viewers, and gradually come to realize the darker side of it all.

Good news for Nova fans: Marvel is truly considering introducing the "real" Nova. There's a chance the human rocket will soon launch into action in the MCU — and that bodes well for Marvel's future. Nova's arc is a fascinating, powerful and evocative one, and Marvel would be wise to explore it.https://geeks.media/marvel-is-consid...hy-he-s-a-must

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    YES!!!
    I love Rich.

Cosmo is so awesome, but more importantly this page shows exactly why i loved the interplay and relationship between Rich and the Worldmind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Cosmo is so awesome, but more importantly this page shows exactly why i loved the interplay and relationship between Rich and the Worldmind.
    Always loved Cosmo. Dog keeps it real!