Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Special Wonder Woman guest star in Final Crisis #3

That's right, Tom Tresser aka Nemesis is back!

Mind you, if he is dead I am going to be sooooooooooo [expletive deleted]!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think you mean Heroes in Crisis, not Final Crisis.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That's right, Tom Tresser aka Nemesis is back!

Mind you, if he is dead I am going to be sooooooooooo [expletive deleted]!

That will make 2 of us!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The characters shown in those interview panels except Booster, Harley, and the Trinity are dead. So the high likelihood is he's a victim...unless a growing theory comes to pass that considering his master of disguise thing he might be the/one of the killer(s).

So he's either dead or will pull a heel turn if not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-07-2018 at 06:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think you mean Heroes in Crisis, not Final Crisis.
    True. It's far too much to hope that this is the final crisis
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The characters shown in those interview panels except Booster, Harley, and the Trinity are dead. So the high likelihood is he's a victim...unless a growing theory comes to pass that considering his master of disguise thing he might be the/one of the killer(s).

So he's either dead or will pull a heel turn if not.
    Poison Ivy is on that page, and no way I believe she's dead.

I could see Tom going dark and putting down the villains. The heroes, not so much.

What I'm wondering is - since #3 shows Diana killing Max [which is from the volume 2 and 3 continuity] how that affects the stories with Nemesis during the volume 3 [pre-52] run.

Ivy died, its been confirmed. I mean, she's going to come back. One she's a popular Bat-character, two, King did some set up with her as a reformed villain in the Batman title that I think is going to extend beyond just a sad death in this story. For my money I'm thinking the Green is going to bring her back. But for now she died.

We'll see what happens with Tom. For the record I was being a little tongue in cheek with my stauch "dead or evil" line. Obviously tons of things that could happen, including his role not being substantial at all. But I have a funny feeling it might be. The character seems like something that might naturally call to King considering his own background.

As far as his pre-FP past with Diana, could be played a couple ways. Could be just completely retconned out, or, they could say that maybe they dated at a time when she and Steve were on the outs. DCU history makes less sense now than it did before Flashpoint, so its not like it really matters at this point if they want to keep it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-07-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Ivy died, its been confirmed. I mean, she's going to come back. One she's a popular Bat-character, two, King did some set up with her as a reformed villain in the Batman title that I think is going to extend beyond just a sad death in this story. For my money I'm thinking the Green is going to bring her back. But for now she died.

We'll see what happens with Tom. For the record I was being a little tongue in cheek with my stauch "dead or evil" line. Obviously tons of things that could happen, including his role not being substantial at all. But I have a funny feeling it might be. The character seems like something that might naturally call to King considering his own background.

As far as his pre-FP past with Diana, could be played a couple ways. Could be just completely retconned out, or, they could say that maybe they dated at a time when she and Steve were on the outs. DCU history makes less sense now than it did before Flashpoint, so its not like it really matters at this point if they want to keep it.
    You're right. She OBVIOUSLY would have dated Tom, not Clark. It's all so clear now...

Just working with the reality that we're within a continuity where its gone because it was too threatening to standard status quos to keep in.

BANNED

Just working with the reality that we're within a continuity where its gone because it was too threatening to standard status quos to keep in.
    The relationship would have to be something meaningful to classify itself as a "threat"

The most recent animated movie and the tie-in material did a much better job of conveying what it ultimately always was: A fling between pals that ran it's course.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-08-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like your theory about Diana and Tom dating while she and Steve were on the outs(or she believed Steve was dead) as I like the idea of Tom being a part of Diana's world even though I want Diana to be with Steve for the long haul.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    True. It's far too much to hope that this is the final crisis
    lol. HiC is probably a prelude to another Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The relationship would have to be something meaningful to classify itself as a "threat"

The most recent animated movie and the tie-in material did a much better job of conveying what it ultimately always was: A fling between pals that ran it's course.
    Hey don't tell me that, tell the old-school creators who are threatened. But it probably wouldn't make them feel better, they of all people know their comics history thus know it is indeed historically meaningful.

Yes the emoji means I'm just playing. I believe it but I am playing around, as I assume brett was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like your theory about Diana and Tom dating while she and Steve were on the outs(or she believed Steve was dead) as I like the idea of Tom being a part of Diana's world even though I want Diana to be with Steve for the long haul.
    I would be fine with either or. Hell maybe they could use a bit of a triangle to spice things up, I dunno. But I'm not too invested either way. I never disliked Tom, but at the same time he was always just kinda there, just like most male characters of that era that writers tried introducing to her books to replace the still Perez-ed Steve. None of them particularly resonated. It wasn't terribad or anything, I went to bat for it when Rucka ignored it to push his Bat nonsense, it just wasn't great.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-08-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

OH MY GOD!

I literally just woke up with this thought in my head.

What if Nemesis DID kill everyone, and it was because they were IMPOSTERS!

For those not familiar, the last time I think we saw Tom was post Final Crisis [see, SEE lol] and he was being pursued by Wonder Woman and Dick Grayson [who was Batman at the time] while he claimed that people were being replaced by duplicates!

It also followed straight on from a mini where Tom was trapped in some kind of weird cross dimension reality.

Pretty sure the last time Nemesis popped up it was in Grayson wherin he was established as one of the spies who had been killed off