Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default DBS Broly vs Cumber

Broly in the new Dragon Ball Super movie vs the Evil Saiyan. Both get their respective power-ups and transformations. Fight is set in the ToP ring. Fight to the death.

Who wins?

I haven't seen DBS Broly yet, but Vegito Blue using Kaio Ken traded evenly with Cumber in his BASE form. We later see the dude can go straight to ssj3 when he wants.

My gut says that's well beyond Broly. Again, haven't seen the movie though. Isn't it not out yet?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I haven't seen DBS Broly yet, but Vegito Blue using Kaio Ken traded evenly with Cumber in his BASE form. We later see the dude can go straight to ssj3 when he wants.

My gut says that's well beyond Broly. Again, haven't seen the movie though. Isn't it not out yet?

In Dragon Ball Super: Broly, spoilers:
    Goku and Vegeta form Gogeta via the Fusion Dance, and he eventually fights LSSJ Broly in SSB, and it is more or less an even fight. The only reason that Broly survives that fight is due to a wish to Shenron.
    end of spoilers

Well, but Vegito is > Gogeta, so I'd say Cumber takes it.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-08-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, but Vegito is > Gogeta, so I'd say Cummber takes it.

Unless there are early premiere showings in Japan, the movie won't be out until next Friday.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, but Vegito is > Gogeta, so I'd say Cummber takes it.
    I don't think there's much difference between the two anymore. Maybe back in the DBZ days where there was a massive gap between Goku and Vegeta that would have affected the Fusion Dance, but now? Outside of Ultra Instinct, any difference between the two is negligible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I don't think there's much difference between the two anymore. Maybe back in the DBZ days where there was a massive gap between Goku and Vegeta that would have affected the Fusion Dance, but now? Outside of Ultra Instinct, any difference between the two is negligible.
    They seem to have retconned it now, so that fusion dance yields more raw power, but dosn't last as long as potara

The notion that Vegeto was superior always came from a throwaway line from Old Kai that the Potara was better, not any reliable fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The notion that Vegeto was superior always came from a throwaway line from Old Kai that the Potara was better, not any reliable fact.
    Old Kai who said it? Kind of scoffing at the Dance iirc? That seems fairly reliable. Admittedly i don't remember the exact wording
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Notably, old Kai wasn't a big believer in transformations in general (based on ANOTHER throwaway line directed at Gohan). Since Potara fusions, at the time, were considered permanent, that may have been his reasoning.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Old Kai who said it? Kind of scoffing at the Dance iirc? That seems fairly reliable. Admittedly i don't remember the exact wording
    Old Kai was wrong about a ton of things, and his vague statement amounted to "Potara is superior.". Which it is regardless of power just because of the longer duration and not requiring you to dance in front of the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Notably, old Kai wasn't a big believer in transformations in general (based on ANOTHER throwaway line directed at Gohan). Since Potara fusions, at the time, were considered permanent, that may have been his reasoning.
    He didn't quite scoff at transformations per se, just their flashiness. He said Gohan didn't need Super Saiyan anymore and noted that activating the unleashed potential was like going Super Saiyan, making it effectively a transformation, just one without the flashy part. (The notion that it was his new base form was entirely fanon.)

The only thing he said that was directly against transformations is that Goku and Vegeta shouldn't merge while in Super Saiyan because they'd be stuck that way* and it would eventually shorten their lifespan due to the stress of maintaining it.

*: Since he didn't know Potara wasn't permanent without a Kai element.
    Last edited by Siriel; 12-09-2018 at 11:16 AM.

From what we've seen and given spoilers:
    how easily Gogeta Blue wrecked him
    end of spoilers, I'll also give this to Cumber.

Don't know why there's some pretending that there's any sort of equivalency between the forms going on. Heroes is not Super anime is not Super manga is not the Broly movie's continuity.

Therefore Vegeto from Heroes can in no way be equated to Gogeta in the movie regardless of how you feel the fusions compare when in the same continuity.

The only thing you can judge them on is their feats.
    Last edited by Siriel; 12-23-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Don't know why there's some pretending that there's any sort of equivalency between the forms going on. Heroes is not Super anime is not Super manga is not the Broly movie's continuity.

Therefore Vegeto from Heroes can in no way be equated to Gogeta in the movie regardless of how you feel the fusions compare when in the same continuity.

The only thing you can judge them on is their feats.
    Its just the easiest thing to do. Heroes itself states it's after the ToP right? I get it's non canon, but haven't we argued this way for the earlier DBZ movies? Pretending the characters involved get equivalent power/feats from the time period they are trying to squish into?
    - big_adventure