Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    What exactly is she princess of now? A bunch of rocks?

Not everyone under her rule had to be on the planet when it blew up.

My fantasy story with Leia was one where she has hidden powers like her brother. Sure, Luke Skywalker had the training, but Leia Skywalker still has her fathers genes. I would love to see her break out with a visit to a professor of the Force.

People stress the "long time ago" angle- but who is the person who is the narrator? They could be speaking 100 years from now. In any case, hopefully the series won't just end with four issues. If it ends up a "series of mini-series" with a few gaps in months to let the artists rest or pace themselves, fine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My fantasy story with Leia was one where she has hidden powers like her brother. Sure, Luke Skywalker had the training, but Leia Skywalker still has her fathers genes. I would love to see her break out with a visit to a professor of the Force.
    She was Jedi in the old EU. Sometimes, they went back and fort on her acting as a Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    She was Jedi in the old EU. Sometimes, they went back and fort on her acting as a Jedi.
    What is the old EU?

BANNED

The Legends continuity.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legends

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    What is the old EU?
    Expanded universe. Basically the comics, novels, games etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Expanded universe. Basically the comics, novels, games etcetera.
    I can't remember hearing that reference before. So everything outside the movieverse? Well it seems like Jedi Leia has appeared before. Nevertheless, I would have liked to read how she got her Jedi abilities. We've seen other female Jedi in the movies, but is Leia stronger than her brother? The Thor/Angela matchplay comes to mind.

BANNED

As far as i remember Leia was not stronger than his brother.

As far as i remember Leia was not stronger than his brother.
    Physically I can understand, but I was wondering who might have the stronger Force?

BANNED

Luke. Truth to be told Leia Jedi stuff rarely came up but Luke is definetely stronger.

Wow so we're really calling the EU the "old EU" now because of these new movies and comics? Lol, poor fanbase.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Wow so we're really calling the EU the "old EU" now because of these new movies and comics? Lol, poor fanbase.
    What else are we going to call it to differentiate it from the new comics and games and stuff?

Speaking of that loss, when reading the description this story, it hit on something that's kind of a gaping hole in the original movies: Leia dealing with her whole planet being destroyed. Was that something you gravitated towards immediately?

Pretty quickly, yes. I always come to characters the same way: by asking myself what they want, what they've lost, what drives them to achieve. With Leia, there was just no screen time in Episode IV to deal with the emotions she must feel after having lost her entire world. This story begins only a short time after the end of the ceremony at the end of Episode IV as her adrenaline subsides and she's forced to ask herself, "What next?"
    This is pretty much EXACTLY what Brian Wood's gone-too-soon Dark Horse Star Wars comic was all about. It seems weird that no one has mentioned that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What else are we going to call it to differentiate it from the new comics and games and stuff?
    I don't object about the term or care about the changes at all. I just find it sad that the EU, which was so carefully crafted and constructed during the 90's-2000's, is now being null-and-voided.