Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Thor vs Bleach Captains

Just like the title says, Thor goes against each of the 13 captains of the Soul Society, 1v1 (*one fight exception is 2v1) :

Ichimaru
    kurotsucki
    Kaname
    Soi Fong
    Komamura
    Aizen
    Toshiro
    Kenpachi
    Uhitake & Kyouraku (*the exception, as they're portrayed as twin swords/warriors, intended to fight together in lore).
    ByaKuya
    Genryusai

**Unohana Retsu not fighting cause well, she doesn't fight, she heals. Ok, so I guess 12 captains./shrug**

Astonishing Member

Like MCU Thor or 616 Thor?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    Just like the title says, Thor goes against each of the 13 captains of the Soul Society, 1v1 (*one fight exception is 2v1) :

Ichimaru
    kurotsucki
    Kaname
    Soi Fong
    Komamura
    Aizen
    Toshiro
    Kenpachi
    Uhitake & Kyouraku (*the exception, as they're portrayed as twin swords/warriors, intended to fight together in lore).
    ByaKuya
    Genryusai

**Unohana Retsu not fighting cause well, she doesn't fight, she heals. Ok, so I guess 12 captains./shrug**
    Well, Unohana is a healer *now,* but spoilers:
    she used to be the previous Kenpachi and was able to easily swat post-timeskip Kenpachi until he released all of his subconscious limiters to surpass her again.
    end of spoilers

Though I guess that you could always replace her with Yoruichi, Urahara, or one of the Vizard captains, if you want to.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hurting Thor is a bit of an issue. He's significantly more durable than most people in Bleach. However, he's at a massive disadvantage in terms of speed.

Gin's true Bankai might work? I'm honestly not sure.

Mayuri's poisons might work...? Again, not sure.

Tousen's not really a problem. Soi Fon isn't an issue because she doesn't have the firepower to hurt him. Komamura is literally the worst so he dies super easy.

Aizen will win if he gets enough time to be like; "Yo, check out my sword,"

Hitsugaya's true Bankai might work with it's absolute zero schtick but it requires him to survive for long enough for his regular Bankai to mature which he won't get the chance.

Kenpachi at his peak... ehhh... I mean Thor will know he's been in a fight but I don't think he's strong enough.

Ukitake and Shunsui together should have enough gimmicks between the two of them. Ukitake can redirect pretty much whatever comes their way and Shunsui's Bankai is... pretty outrageous. I think they should be okay.

Byakuya... I don't think he has enough gun to really put Thor down though he can hit him all day.

Genryusai... Thor has chilled in the Sun so his flames aren't going to do much to him. Thor will know he's been in a fight but Old Man Genocide isn't going to cut it here.

It's been a long time since I read any bleach, Where does Kenpachi and Shunsui stand at that they can put up a fight/win vs Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    It's been a long time since I read any bleach, Where does Kenpachi and Shunsui stand at that they can put up a fight/win vs Thor?
    Kenpachi is quite absurdly strong. He can, apparently fairly casually, obliterate near-city sized asteroids with just his Shikai release form. His Bankai basically amps his physical stats to the point where he's dismembering absurdly super durable regenerating angel giants with his teeth. Again, I don't think he can beat Thor but Thor's gonna be like "Oh damn, that dude hits really hard, is really fast and is really strong,"

Shunsui... well, a lot of his abilities are based around gimmicks. His Shikai seems to have a certain amount of ignoring durability stuff, since the basic power he has is "making children's games real and deadly," so him wearing black and/or being higher up than you or whatever, means that you are going to magically take damage because gimmicks. His Bankai drowns the enemy in an energy draining ocean, ejects most of their blood from their body, makes it so whatever wound you inflict on Shunsui happens to you as well and makes you die according to a poem that Shunsui recites.

Like... it's all very weird situational gimmick stuff magical BS that I could see Thor being vulnerable to. Shunsui and Ukitake have an enormous speed advantage so they are going to hit him with it and I'm of the opinion that Shunsui's Bankai might work so I could see them winning.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Seems like it mostly hinges on "can these dudes hurt Thor" given how fast they seem to be. I'm guessing the answer is mostly no for 616 and yes for MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Seems like it mostly hinges on "can these dudes hurt Thor" given how fast they seem to be. I'm guessing the answer is mostly no for 616 and yes for MCU.
    That's pretty much the take.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

nik broke it down too well. while the captains definately have the speed edge, most of them don't have enough dakka to really put thor down.

been a while since i heard the name "old man genocide".

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    nik broke it down too well. while the captains definately have the speed edge, most of them don't have enough dakka to really put thor down.

been a while since i heard the name "old man genocide".
    10,000,000 flaming skeletons.

I'm wearing the sun.

No water for you.

Explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kenpachi is quite absurdly strong. He can, apparently fairly casually, obliterate near-city sized asteroids with just his Shikai release form. His Bankai basically amps his physical stats to the point where he's dismembering absurdly super durable regenerating angel giants with his teeth. Again, I don't think he can beat Thor but Thor's gonna be like "Oh damn, that dude hits really hard, is really fast and is really strong,"
    I feel like you need to be a little higher up than that to hurt a guy that chills in the sun, considering the sheer amount of heat, but as you say, he might make Thor notice that he's pretty strong.

Shunsui... well, a lot of his abilities are based around gimmicks. His Shikai seems to have a certain amount of ignoring durability stuff, since the basic power he has is "making children's games real and deadly," so him wearing black and/or being higher up than you or whatever, means that you are going to magically take damage because gimmicks. His Bankai drowns the enemy in an energy draining ocean, ejects most of their blood from their body, makes it so whatever wound you inflict on Shunsui happens to you as well and makes you die according to a poem that Shunsui recites.

Like... it's all very weird situational gimmick stuff magical BS that I could see Thor being vulnerable to. Shunsui and Ukitake have an enormous speed advantage so they are going to hit him with it and I'm of the opinion that Shunsui's Bankai might work so I could see them winning.
    Hmm, that does sound pretty wonky.

I guess it might work. Thanks for explaining!

Extraordinary Member

I feel like you need to be a little higher up than that to hurt a guy that chills in the sun, considering the sheer amount of heat, but as you say, he might make Thor notice that he's pretty strong.
    It doesn't help Kenpachi that the only time we saw him use his bankai he only lasted for a few minutes before his own power started to rip his body apart.

So I can see bankai Kenpachi getting a few surprise hits in due to his speed and sends him crashing across the arena, it doesn't hurt Thor but he only weighs so much and he probably feels the destructive power behind the blows.

Then Thor is either able to eventually get ahold of Kenpachi and knocks him out, or he chases him until Kenpachi falls apart and Thor just stands there a bit confused.

Hmmm. Thor has done wonky stuff like resist having his moisture drained cause "lolz God" and had his body fused with concrete and been ok afterwards.

Like... maybe that gimmicky stuff would work? But maybe he would "lolz God" it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

When your default is "nuke city sized asteroid with no effort," and your Bankai makes you so strong that your own body is starting to come apart from the power of the sheer forces you are invoking by moving, Thor will notice you.

He isn't losing, I want to stress that. But Kenpachi is like... jesus... a hundred times faster than him and hits like an angry truck made of teeth and rage. He'll know that things are happening for real.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Wish I had enough room in my sig for that, Nik.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate