Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I FELT Like I replied to this already buuut

I got mo ri high diff with his gear possibly

Retsu over Ohma due to the nullifying technique as well

I think shinichi, after fighting Gotoh, can give daredevil all he can handle tbh

Diane loses with no time limit I think

Shin and kyoukai I got too
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Like, here is Diane arm-wrestling Ban.

Huh, that's an anime exclusive scene so I'd not seen that before. That is a heck of a feat for Diane.

My gut feeling small is that All-Might doesn't really have an answer to Heavy Metal. That allowed her to take shots from Mael recently and be largely unhurt.

All-Might is really strong though and can hit very fast so I might be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I FELT Like I replied to this already buuut

I got mo ri high diff with his gear possibly
    My feeling is, if he starts slow, then he's going to lose. If he goes right to a crazy level of Jaebongchim power multiplication and closes distance then he'll take it.

Bill doesn't want to get into melee range with Mo-Ri. Not one bit, quite apart from their massive skill gap, I think Mo-Ri is a bit stronger than him, especially with Jaebongchim in effect.

Retsu over Ohma due to the nullifying technique as well
    Which technique was that?

Shin and kyoukai I got too
    This is the one I'm least sure of because I don't really know Lord of the Rings at all but I know Aragorn and Gimli agree meant to be somewhat epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My feeling is, if he starts slow, then he's going to lose. If he goes right to a crazy level of Jaebongchim power multiplication and closes distance then he'll take it.

Bill doesn't want to get into melee range with Mo-Ri. Not one bit, quite apart from their massive skill gap, I think Mo-Ri is a bit stronger than him, especially with Jaebongchim in effect.

This is the one I'm least sure of because I don't really know Lord of the Rings at all but I know Aragorn and Gimli agree meant to be somewhat epic.
    On the Tokita vs Retsu I believe Retsu’s technique is called the Xiao Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    On the Tokita vs Retsu I believe Retsu’s technique is called the Xiao Lee.
    I thought Retsu said that while he knew how to do it in principle he wasn't able to do it well enough to make it combat viable.

Fight 5: Aragorn and Gimli (Lord of the Rings books) versus Shin and Kyoukai (Kingdom) - Battle takes place in an empty imperial palace in China. Shin has Ouki's glaive, Aragorn has his ancestral sword whose name escapes me.
    I think Kyoukai when dancing is too much. Aragorn and Gimli do the typical fantasy charges into enemy army, but they do it with backup covering them, while Kyoukai just stands on her own and kills entire groups attacking her until she gets tired.

Shin probably depends on how much stock you put into his performance against Houken, because Houken's feats are kind of insane compared to everyone else in the manga and it's stated that a lot of his trouble in fights come from his psychological issues. So I'm not sure if we're supposed to think that Shin can actually kind of hold his own against a guy who casually throws down trees as part of his daily training.
    Last edited by Siriel; 12-09-2018 at 12:18 PM.

knowing Bill, it’ll prob come into Melee range so can definitely see it being a W there for amp-Ri. The Xiao Lee was what I was thinking but if that’s non viable then Ohma can take this.

Gimli has the strength edge but I think Kyoukai and shin end up being able to tag team dude

I thought Retsu said that while he knew how to do it in principle he wasn't able to do it well enough to make it combat viable.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Nah he’s able to perform it in combat. He learned for his fight vs Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Nah he’s able to perform it in combat. He learned for his fight vs Musashi.
    I had totally forgotten that he learned it for the Musashi fight.

Goddamn the Musashi arc has been going on for... what feels like decades at this point. Remember when Retsu fucking died? Jesus.

I had totally forgotten that he learned it for the Musashi fight.

Goddamn the Musashi arc has been going on for... what feels like decades at this point. Remember when Retsu fucking died? Jesus.
    Yeah I can’t believe that he got killed off. He was one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I think Kyoukai when dancing is too much. Aragorn and Gimli do the typical fantasy charges into enemy army, but they do it with backup covering them, while Kyoukai just stands on her own and kills entire groups attacking her until she gets tired.

Shin probably depends on how much stock you put into his performance against Houken, because Houken's feats are kind of insane compared to everyone else in the manga and it's stated that a lot of his trouble in fights come from his psychological issues. So I'm not sure if we're supposed to think that Shin can actually kind of hold his own against a guy who casually throws down trees as part of his daily training.
    I heard stuff to the tune of Aragorn and co being able to just wade through armies of dudes in a Kyoukai-ish well. I was mentally thinking that this came down to who would win out of Gimli and Shin and the winner of that going to help with the inevitable more even and higher level duel of Kyoukai vs Aragorn.

I heard stuff to the tune of Aragorn and co being able to just wade through armies of dudes in a Kyoukai-ish well. I was mentally thinking that this came down to who would win out of Gimli and Shin and the winner of that going to help with the inevitable more even and higher level duel of Kyoukai vs Aragorn.
    While Aragorn is leading those kind of charges he doesn't do them solo, usually being flanked by the captains of Rohan or equivalent to make sure he only needs to focus on what's in front of him, kind of like every strong general in Kingdom does.

Kyoukai by comparison consistently creates a hole in enemy formations and then kills anything that gets within range of her until she tires out. She's not quite as insane as Houken, but she can do a pretty good imitation as long as they don't start swarming her with projectiles.

If Aragorn had advanced knowledge he could win relatively easily by harassing her until she starts dancing, then playing keep-away with his reach advantage until she runs out of breath (he far outstrips her in terms of stamina). But without foreknowledge he's not going to expect a fairly small young woman to suddenly become far, far faster and more skilled just because she started breathing differently, and I don't recall any feats that would let him walk away from a fight with a dancing Kyoukai.
    Last edited by Siriel; 12-09-2018 at 10:16 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Fight 5: Aragorn and Gimli (Lord of the Rings books) versus Shin and Kyoukai (Kingdom) - Battle takes place in an empty imperial palace in China. Shin has Ouki's glaive, Aragorn has his ancestral sword whose name escapes me.
    I forget who Kyoukai is...

Aragorn and Gimli are pretty badass, but I'm a little iffy on Aragorn being better than Shin. My memories of Shin's feats are vague, but I recall him doing stuff like killing multiple armored soldiers with a single sweep of his Guan Dao. That's a tad above Aragorn.

Edit: Oh, right, I remember Kyoukai now (Siriel's post got the association going). Assassin. Yeah, the Lord of the Rings duo is hosed.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-10-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Dang, I totally overestimated the LotR duo. Apologies for the mismatch. :/

Extraordinary Member

Jumping in on the only match I have any knowledge of.

I don't think that All Might can take Diane. He can probably make her feel his punches, but I don't see him doing any major damage in the long run. Especially not when she activates heavy metal. Diane on the other hand would injure All Might with every hit. I'm not sure how the speed difference goes between them, but I don't think it'll be a major factor to be honest. Then there's Diane's massive earth bending abilites, add that to her already superior physical stats and I just can't see All Might take this.