Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shere Khan vs Mufasa

Let's go with the Disney animated versions of each (1967 JUNGLE BOOK vs 1994 LION KING), since the "live-action" 2016 JB tiger has to wait for 2019 LK lion to show up.

Standard Rumbles settings.

Who wins?

Shere Kahn fought the Freakken bear and took him down and it took fire to scare him away.

Mufasa has to be tricked, cliff toss and herd smash to kill so.. Slightly durable as he did save Simba and was enduring stampede then.

Truthfully good thing it’s cartoon Kahn.

In the book he is a crippled tiger. ( The Book Snake though, head butted through Freakken stone.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Shere Kahn fought the Freakken bear and took him down and it took fire to scare him away.

Mufasa has to be tricked, cliff toss and herd smash to kill so.. Slightly durable as he did save Simba and was enduring stampede then.

Truthfully good thing it’s cartoon Kahn.

In the book he is a crippled tiger. ( The Book Snake though, head butted through Freakken stone.)
    I'm still hoping one day there'll be a Jungle Book movie that'll do Kaa justice.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'm still hoping one day there'll be a Jungle Book movie that'll do Kaa justice.
    Well, if what they did to King Louie (who admittedly is not even IN the books) in the live action version is anything to go by, there’s still a chance.

That ape was freakin’ terrifying.

The live action Jungle Book that had Liu Kang as Mowgli and Dread Pirate Roberts/Wesley had a awesome version of Kaa. Nothing like in the book but more menacing than Shere Kahn by far. That movie Kahn anyway.

This offered as a thread tangent:

A while back, I was really interested in tiger vs lion fights, and watched an endless series of fight videos on YouTube. So I have some general knowledge about lion vs tiger fights. Obviously, it's not determinative here (I know that; these are sentient cartoon animals with specific feats), but just in case anyone is generally curious about how these fights tend to stack up in real life, I'll share it here.

Tigers are better boxers. They can balance on two legs while they fight, and strike at a lion's head with both arms.

Lions need to stand on three legs, which means they strike the tiger's shoulder with one paw. Or they just sit on their rump, which prevents their strikes from having enough force to do real harm.

So tigers get two powerful hits to the head for every one the lion gets to the shoulder. Or the lion sits on his rump and can't get enough force behind his strikes.

So tigers are not only bigger, faster, and stronger, they're also better fighters.

The only advantage the lion has is if it's male and has a thick mane, as it absorbs some of the blows to the head, offering a little protection.

Again, none of this is determinative of this fight in particular, as we're dealing with sentient animals with feats specific to them. Just offering it as an interesting general fact.

No longer have the video analysis bookmarked, or I'd link it.

Shere Kahn overpowered Baloo, who was strong enough to rip out trees from the bottom and use them as back scratchers.

I don't recall him overpowering Baloo so much as being so much faster and more ferocious that Baloo's strength wasn't enough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yCw6RGuuMg

No, Khan’s flat out sprinting while dragging Baloo by the tail. He’s ridiculously stronger and faster than the bear based on the clip and knocks him out easily.

Which is quite something considering Baloo’s ridiculous strength and durability.

Due to the ridiculousness of the Jungle Book feats, I’m afraid Mufasa’s getting murdered. Heck, I’d give Khan decent odds at soloing the 2 prides from Lion King 2 looking at his high end.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Yeah Given Baloo supporting that rock ruins against King Louie.

Sheet Kahn kicked the ever living crap out of him. Like beat him to the ground bad.

He instant hell murders Mufasa who seems really realistic in comparison.

Although Mufasa speaks in an impressive basso profundo, Shere Khan has superior range. His speaking voice is a pleasant baritone, but when singing, he reaches deeper registers than even Mufasa is capable of.

This vocal dexterity will confuse the Lion King, and give the tyrant of the jungle a definite edge.

Yeesh, well this turned into a stomp for Shere Khan over Mufasa fairly quickly.

I guess the main problem here for Rumbles is that Mufasa, like Superman Prime 1 Million (golden god), looks great on presentation alone but has no actual usable feats.

And I doubt that Adult Simba has anything in his own extended animated history (LK1, LK2, LION GUARD tv show) that is even close to Khan's decisive fight with Baloo.

And if we're including style points, tell me something: when or where has either Mufasa or Simba looked at striking as Shere Khan does in TALESPIN:

No contest.

The tiger beats the lion.

Khan FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    This offered as a thread tangent:

A while back, I was really interested in tiger vs lion fights, and watched an endless series of fight videos on YouTube. So I have some general knowledge about lion vs tiger fights. Obviously, it's not determinative here (I know that; these are sentient cartoon animals with specific feats), but just in case anyone is generally curious about how these fights tend to stack up in real life, I'll share it here.

Tigers are better boxers. They can balance on two legs while they fight, and strike at a lion's head with both arms.

Lions need to stand on three legs, which means they strike the tiger's shoulder with one paw. Or they just sit on their rump, which prevents their strikes from having enough force to do real harm.

So tigers get two powerful hits to the head for every one the lion gets to the shoulder. Or the lion sits on his rump and can't get enough force behind his strikes.

So tigers are not only bigger, faster, and stronger, they're also better fighters.
    oh boy it's this myth again

both animals are capable of swatting each other with both paws at the same time, the notion that Tigers would be the better "boxers" in addition to being a ridiculous comparison to begin with falls on it's face from basic observation of their evolutionary roles, namely that male Tigers don't fight other male Tigers that often, whereas fighting other males is one of if not the primary roles of a male Lion. Oh and when a Lion sits down during a fight it has nothing whatsoever to do with stability, it's to protect it's testicles from being bitten or clawed off when fighting multiple opponents, as that's a common tactic for Hyenas or groups of male Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

And if we're including style points, tell me something: when or where has either Mufasa or Simba looked at striking as Shere Khan does in TALESPIN:

I remember wondering what the Hell happened between the movie and the show when I was a kid
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-17-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Although Mufasa speaks in an impressive basso profundo, Shere Khan has superior range. His speaking voice is a pleasant baritone, but when singing, he reaches deeper registers than even Mufasa is capable of.

This vocal dexterity will confuse the Lion King, and give the tyrant of the jungle a definite edge.
    I know you're not trying to put George Sanders over Darth Freakin' Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    both animals are capable of swatting each other with both paws at the same time, the notion that Tigers would be the better "boxers" in addition to being a ridiculous comparison to begin with falls on it's face from basic observation of their evolutionary roles, namely that male Tigers don't fight other male Tigers that often, whereas fighting other males is one of if not the primary roles of a male Lion. Oh and when a Lion sits down during a fight it has nothing whatsoever to do with stability, it's to protect it's testicles from being bitten or clawed off when fighting multiple opponents, as that's a common tactic for Hyenas or groups of male Lions.
    Found the videos. Here's the fight analysis. People can watch and call it for themselves:

Tiger vs Lion. Tiger the more powerful paw swipes, smarter better boxer and fighter Part 1.

Tiger vs Lion. Tiger the more powerful paw swipes, smarter better boxer and fighter Part 2.

Tiger vs Lion. Tiger the more powerful paw swipes, smarter better boxer and fighter Part 3