Default Remind me the reason Lois gave for not revealing she returned?

I'm racking my brain, and I don't have my back issues nearby. What reason did Lois give Clark as to why she didn't tell him right away that she returned back to Earth after being gone with Jon?

In her whirling tangent about them not being a normal family, she mentions that she has to write a story. No explanation though whatsoever of why this story cannot be written at home or anything like that. But its the closest thing to a direct answer she gives. Maybe there's more to it than that, I dunno, but that's all she's told Clark to date, making her look pretty awful and Clark look like a dunce.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-18-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In her whirling tangent about them not being a normal family, she mentions that she has to write a story. No explanation though whatsoever of why this story cannot be written at home or anything like that. But its the closest thing to a direct answer she gives. Maybe there's more to it than that, I dunno, but that's all she's told Clark to date, making her look pretty awful and Clark look like a dunce.
    Ok good, I'm not losing my mind. So there really wasn't a good reason given. If this isn't addressed later by Bendis, I'm going to be super annoyed. Her hiding out for a few weeks is not something can should be swept under the rug.

Bendis, for all his big talk in his interviews, simply doesn’t know how to write Lois Lane. He doesn’t understand her motivations or her voice.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah it's... still a good question. She needed to "do her thing" but Clark needn't worry, because she loves him. That's as best as I can summarize it.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think the book she’s writing is essentially a call for Superman to do more than he is, so she needed some distance from Clark and the DP to do so.

Bendis is apparently trying to show some sort of “modern” marriage where they don’t have to be a traditional nuclear family but still be a couple. Basically something his editor and Dan Didio will like because that can pretend he’s single when they want and fans don’t get mad Lois and Clark aren’t together.

She got Bendised basically.

BANNED

Heroes In Crisis seems to take place after a lot of what Bendis is doing, what with Lois back at her and Clark's apartment as well as working at the Planet, so it's not like this is a long-term arrangement.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am just going to say and believe that she was having some mid life crisis and was acting irrational.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am just going to say and believe that she was having some mid life crisis and was acting irrational.
    Hell, just excuse it as a result of Manhattan meddling or the after-effects of the source wall breaking.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Hell, just excuse it as a result of Manhattan meddling or the after-effects of the source wall breaking.
    That is even better Manhattan is influencing time line again and using jor el, black hole and other nonsense as plot devices for stirring things up to make Clark's life hell. So that, eventually when Clark clocks manhattan he is going to have some feeling behind it for good measure.