Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Red Son Superman is not the same as Injustice Superman. Red Son Superman is shown at various times to still posses the heroic core of Superman. He refuses to conquer the world through force, instead he tries to convince people over to his side through showing off the benefits of communism. Furthermore he clearly is able to see when he’s lost his way as evidenced by the ending. He realizes he’s gone too far and stops.

Overman is the same. He clearly loathes the world he helped make and actually tried to shut down the death camps iirc. He realizes that he is the bad guy and it’s implied he’s the mole helping the Freedom Fighters. Despite being a Nazi he appears fairly well composed and isn’t an over the top stereotypical bad guy.

Injustice Superman has none of that. People frequently beat you over the head with comparisons to Zod. He’s stereotypically evil and is incredibly stupid as well, constantly getting his ass kicked by Batman. He has none of the eloquence of Red Son not the regret of Overman. He’s a pathetic manchild in every one of his appearances and NRS makes it clear he’s the bad guy. He’s there to get beaten up by Batman and that’s it. He’s mildly less godawful than Injustice WW, but the contempt for the character shines through. He exists only to shill Batman as the “true” greatest hero, nothing more.

Also Joker is wrong about “one bad day” for reasons I already laid out in an earlier post. He’s wrong in the Killing Joke. He’s wrong in The Dark Knight. He is clearly not meant to be right. Only underage edgelords actually think the Joker has a valid point. A pity that NRS is composed of such people and that is the only AAA Superman video game we get.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Red Son Superman is not the same as Injustice Superman. Red Son Superman is shown at various times to still posses the heroic core of Superman. He refuses to conquer the world through force, instead he tries to convince people over to his side through showing off the benefits of communism. Furthermore he clearly is able to see when he’s lost his way as evidenced by the ending. He realizes he’s gone too far and stops.

Overman is the same. He clearly loathes the world he helped make and actually tried to shut down the death camps iirc. He realizes that he is the bad guy and it’s implied he’s the mole helping the Freedom Fighters. Despite being a Nazi he appears fairly well composed and isn’t an over the top stereotypical bad guy.

Injustice Superman has none of that. People frequently beat you over the head with comparisons to Zod. He’s stereotypically evil and is incredibly stupid as well, constantly getting his ass kicked by Batman. He has none of the eloquence of Red Son not the regret of Overman. He’s a pathetic manchild in every one of his appearances and NRS makes it clear he’s the bad guy. He’s there to get beaten up by Batman and that’s it. He’s mildly less godawful than Injustice WW, but the contempt for the character shines through. He exists only to shill Batman as the “true” greatest hero, nothing more.

Also Joker is wrong about “one bad day” for reasons I already laid out in an earlier post. He’s wrong in the Killing Joke. He’s wrong in The Dark Knight. He is clearly not meant to be right. Only underage edgelords actually think the Joker has a valid point. A pity that NRS is composed of such people and that is the only AAA Superman video game we get.
    I did not say Joker was right .I said there is some truth to it.it is not a binary, you are leaving out many nuances. Mental health of a person does effect the moral choices of a person.why do you think countries have laws for that(atleast from my knowledge my country does) . nobody on the planet can remain saine and normally function after what Clark went through. What happened was not Clark's fault alone. He is a victim as anyone is.

I did not say he was not a bad guy. He is meant to be a villain. I said Clark's motives were more personal than the rest. So it made more interesting for me as villain, made him more sympathetic with his tragedy . Ofcourse he is compared to zod. In essence he has become zod.zod ambition is in part personal(atleast in some representation it is). It is about his people. his authority.

Superman has been "shillings to" Batman for ages now. It did not start with injustice man.so why pick him exclusively. Like it or not injustice is a thing. And it has a following . And the only way that "shilling" is going to change is when Superman starts making more money for WB than the bat again. Or have some great other media representations that makes him more popular again. Until then we are stuck with "villain superman" stories. Who knows maybe they will get good doing the same thing over and over again,and make something Godfather tier like someone said. Or they will finally get tired because it is not selling well.

And please don't resort to name calling, an edge lord i am not. We may have different taste and we can disagree. But, I think I am allowed to like injustice man as a villain more than many of the Superman villains. So character has done his role perfectly.
    Can you honestly say, that u wouldn't want a villain for heroic Clark like injusticeman. For me atleast he is better that rogol zarr, doomsday or ultraman, heck maybe even Zod(atleast in some versions) .

BANNED

I didn't know Overman regreted from what he did... Was Leatherwing the same way ? I have the multiversity HC but i haven't read it yet. And i didn't like the idea of a Nazi Superman and Batman. I always considered Injustice Superman in the light of Kingdom Come Superman went wrong. You know instead of Megog, he killed Joker as a revenge for Lois... Kind of like a ''what if ?''. I played the game very little, i can't enjoy fighting game on keyboard and i don't have arcade controller... But it was in discount so i bought it and played a little. I read the first trade of the comics. It was ok. I'm a Batman fan, seeing Batman stand up against an evil Superman was a delight. I wish they did the same with the Overman. A nice Bat slap is what Superman needs when he lost his way. I have S.H.Figuarts Injustice Superman figure btw 'cause it was kind of hard core to see Superman kill Joker in such a brutal way. I mean, why not ? there are many evil Supermen in the multiverse. If it was the main Superman, i would be angry but seeing an elseworld Superman do what he won't is fun. I actually wait for an Injustice Omnibus to enjoy it fully.
    Last edited by Gurz; 12-15-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Injustice isn't the disease, it's a symptom. The real issue is that it seems that other media don't seem to want to focus on straight-up, conventional Superman stories. So if he's not dying, he's being used as pawn by a villain, being the villain, being vaguely referenced, etc. There seems to be a lack of confidence in telling a very basic Superman story. I don't know, maybe they're correct not to do conventional Superman, but it sucks for many of us fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    but don't most people call Marvel movies "bland" or "samey" on some level,
    Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Incorrect.
    I've heard people use "bland" and "all the same" repeatedly when discussing Marvel movies, especially where the formula is concerned. So no, not incorrect. I didn't say they "were" because I don't feel they are, but that "people say" they are - and I've heard that charge repeatedly.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I am not a fan of evil Superman. #NotmySuperman.

But it ain't Superman but a horror movie. It appears fascinating.

I love that someone may be attempting to show the actual immergence of super powers in a child. Like the X-Mens Cyclops tearing buildings apart with his eye blasters and being unable to control it, must have been terrifying to everybody near him. But Superboy had all sorts of super power behaviour that would scare the bejesus out of everyone around him, and if his parents still stuck around this kid, they were something special to be able to keep a lid on this. Like the myth of Jesus building birds out of little handfuls of clay, a Clark Kent could cut a bully in half if he wanted too. Or, hear what people say that upsets him, and rushes over there and chucks a desk at them. Levitate huge massive objects with his TK. I don’t know how you could control it in a kid like that, because if he doesn’t like what you say as a parent, he can hurt you, and then he knows he doesn’t have to fear anybody.

The really big challenge of course is how does one install self control in that super powered child, when he doesn’t need self control. Nothing can harm him in the world, so why does he have to worry? Myth has it that the Kent’s instilled this very secret game in their child, to never show his powers to anybody other than his parents, but you would never send him out to school in that case, because a young child doesn’t know when to control himself. He would have to be home-schooled, and then let out in adulthood. But then just say he ran away from home because of the restrictive nature of parenting. He would either run, or just fly away, and then how do you find him?

And as an aside to a grown Superman, I always wondered how Clark could accept the world as it is in America, with seeing all the injustice around him? How did Clark come around to the world being this compromise where the have and have-nots exist together. That crime exists and there couldn’t be a better way; that he just lets it go on like this? For Superman to hear all the crisis’ going on around the world, fix it on a continual basis, but not try to fix it at the source? It is so tedious to be a firefighter but not stop the source of why fires start. This is what I can’t understand about Superman. He is saying, “I believe humans need the freedom to be unjust all the time”.

There has to be a point where Superman must have accepted he can’t fix humanity, because they are unfixable.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-25-2018 at 10:07 PM.

So basically its a movie about either Ultraman, son of Zod or just James Gunn taking out his rage for Marvel and that A-hole who brought up the tweets that ended up screwing him over...either way it looks interesting. May go see it, i say may as i am not a fan of horror flicks unless zombies are involved or its sci fi horror if done right of course not turning into a train wreck (Looking at you Alien and Predator franchises!!!). Don't know about all the comments about it poking fun at MoS...possibly because i had no issue with it just like i had no issue with TLJ. I seriously do not understand the visceral hatred those films get, i really don't.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 01-02-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Amazing Member

Looks very meh.

Ugh to all the Man of Steel and Injustice talk, that's a very long, very tiring debate (or debates rather). This isn't Superman, but a parody/homage/way to do Superman without getting sued/whatever, and that's a good thing. It's fascinating to explore aspects of a concept like Superman through the lens of using such pseudo-Supermen. Kind of like the freedom of Elseworld stories. Other creators and writers and companies can tell pretty good stories with the concept, and no damage is done to the real character that is inspiring the parody/homage/etc.

As for the idea itself, I think it's great. I'd love a good superhero horror mash up. They're two great genres that haven't been explored much together. Sure you have Blade and Hellboy who are technically superheroes, but they don't really feel the part. I guess they're too far from the traditional model of a Superman or a Batman or a Spider-Man to me. Great horror action movies, but not really horror *superhero* action movies. Of those the only one that felt the part was All Superheroes Must Die, which I thought was pretty cool but really suffered from just how low of a budget they were working with I think, and not having enough talent to really bring it up to another level despite the budget constraints.

He might not be directing, but since James Gunn has made great superhero movies both on the cheap (Super) and with a lot of cash (Guardians of the Galaxy) I'm hoping he can bring a lot of expertise as producer.

These are #FACTS