Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default *Nods* Shere Khan and Mufasa vs Woe and Chirin (Ringing Bell)

Here's me gambling on anyone here having seen Ringing Bell. Animated versions for everyone present.

Ringing Bell is 46 minutes and it's here: (apparently I can't link Crunchyroll here? The url keeps getting censored, but it's a legal site, so...? Well anyway, it's on Crunchyroll as /ringing-bell/ringing-bell-ringing-bell-subtitled-712707) - It's sort of like Bambi if Bambi had spent his life tracking down the hunter for revenge instead of getting a girlfriend.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-08-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Here's me gambling on anyone here having seen Ringing Bell. Animated versions for everyone present.

Ringing Bell is 46 minutes and it's here: (apparently I can't link Crunchyroll here? The url keeps getting censored, but it's a legal site, so...? Well anyway, it's on Crunchyroll as /ringing-bell/ringing-bell-ringing-bell-subtitled-712707) - It's sort of like Bambi if Bambi had spent his life tracking down the hunter for revenge instead of getting a girlfriend.
    Chirin didn't spend his life tracking down Woe. He found the guy pretty quickly and demanded training from him to become the wolf, which he got. He sparred with Woe, headbutted down big-assed trees, and engaged in battles with mountain lions (several at a time) and bears.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I think Shere Khan is stronger (beating Baloo, who lifts up buildings), but Chirin and Woe are faster (Woe beats down bears due to speed, as well as strength), while not being slouches in strength either (baby Chirin, as mentioned, runs through large trees and smashes them in half. I don't think Mufasa is in any of their leagues.

So its basically Chirin and Woe tag-teaming Shere Khan, who's strong enough to hurt them, but not fast enough to connect. While Chirin and Woe are definitely strong enough to hurt Khan. They ignore and/or one-shot Mufasa. Chirin and Woe wins.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Chirin didn't spend his life tracking down Woe. He found the guy pretty quickly and demanded training from him to become the wolf, which he got. He sparred with Woe, headbutted down big-assed trees, and engaged in battles with mountain lions (several at a time) and bears.
    Yeah, it's sort of like Bambi if Bambi had spent his life tracking down the hunter for revenge instead of getting a girlfriend.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Yeah, it's sort of like Bambi if Bambi had spent his life tracking down the hunter for revenge instead of getting a girlfriend.
    No, it's sort of like if Bambi went to the hunter for training to become like the hunter and coming to see him as a father (pretty much forsaking his revenge) instead of getting a girlfriend.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis