Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I binged the first 2 seasons the past couple weeks..........Great stuff. I consider this the second best TV adaptation of a comic book, second only to The Boys.

Five is my favorite character, with Diego in second. I'm looking forward to season 3.

I decided to buy the comics. Is the comic continuously good, throughout, or does the quality dip at any point?

She has obviously gone through acting training. I saw one of her first acting jobs in the live theater adaptation of The Wiz on NBC a few years ago, she was downright horrible. I was prepared to see some more horrible acting from her in this show, but she did alright. I don't see her as having huge roles in the future, but she's adequate for the type of role she played in The Umbrella Academy.
    I have not read much of the comics but they are quite different than the show. Many of the characters got changed substantially from page to screen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Key plot elements shouldn't be explained in interviews, it should be in the story itself.

In the first season, 5 was around for decades and never saw another survivor.

In the second, he somehow travels to 1982, untouched by any destruction whatsoever, when in the series, nukes fly in the 60s.
    True and he could still teleport so it's not like he didn't get around and yet never saw anyone else.

Wow, that is a very good point I had not considered. At the time he jumped to 1982, the primary future was the nukes in 1963 yet the world is just fine in 1982. It's not the Post-Nuclear War 1982 that should exist. There could be lots of explanations for that but they are no in the story. As you said, they should be in the story. Post-story interviews are irrelevant.

Of course, they prevented that future but it was the future at the time he went to 1982.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

I'm just now trying to sit through The Umbrella Academy and I want to emphasize "trying" as it is a slog to sit through most of the time I have it on as background noise but seven episodes in and it's not getting my interest. I was curious to watch as it's based on a comic book and I collect comics and plus hearing rave reviews expecting another triumph comic adaptation like The Boys and not so underwhelming like The Doom Patrol.

Is the comic any better?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I'm just now trying to sit through The Umbrella Academy and I want to emphasize "trying" as it is a slog to sit through most of the time I have it on as background noise but seven episodes in and it's not getting my interest. I was curious to watch as it's based on a comic book and I collect comics and plus hearing rave reviews expecting another triumph comic adaptation like The Boys and not so underwhelming like The Doom Patrol.

Is the comic any better?
    The original series was an Eisner Winner if you tend to like those type of books. As others have said, the TV show is loosely adapted, several of the characters and plot points have changed considerably.

Is the comic any better?
    One guy's take?

It's honestly going to depend on exactly what it is you want out of a comic.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Did Umbrella Academy fans just do away?

I just finished S3, did anyone else watch?

I was going to discuss but don't want a whole post full of Spoilers if it is still on some folks "to watch" list.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Is the comic any better?
    It's shorter.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So did Reginald Hargreeves reshape the universe according to how he would want it to be?
    Our team is powerless. The Umbrellas are now normal. Is the show over? Was this the last season?
    If it isn't I'd guess the writers left themselves an out.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime