Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Default The Umbrella Academy 2019 Series

The Netflix adaptation of Gerard Way, and Gabriel Ba's Darkhorse comics series is premiering on February 15th, 2019. Is anyone else excited?

It appears to depart from the comics somewhat significantly, but I'm optimistic. The comics themselves while great are perhaps too unusual for their own good. I still do hope to see Mr. Pogo.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-10-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm very excited. I have every volume and absolutely love it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Got to say, I was less excited about this than I wanted to be.

Never mind that it looks like Ben Hargreeves will no longer be "The Horror" for no apparent reason.

What an uninteresting trailer.

I was already planning on at least checking it out, but if I wasn't, that sure didn't make me want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The Netflix adaptation of Gerard Way, and Fabio Moon's Darkhorse comics series is premiering on February 15th, 2019. Is anyone else excited?

It appears to depart from the comics somewhat significantly, but I'm optimistic. The comics themselves while great are perhaps too unusual for their own good. I still do hope to see Mr. Pogo.
    I'll definitely give it a go as I was a big fan of the comics (though not read the new stuff yet). It was Gabriel Ba though iirc, not Fabio Moon - they're brothers but their styles are quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I'll definitely give it a go as I was a big fan of the comics (though not read the new stuff yet). It was Gabriel Ba though iirc, not Fabio Moon - they're brothers but their styles are quite different.
    Ah, that's right. I had Moon's name on the mind because he's the one who re-tweeted the trailer on my feed last night. Sincerest apologies.

I am super pumped for this, one of my favorite comics, but the trailer is very ... dull.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I am super pumped for this, one of my favorite comics, but the trailer is very ... dull.
    Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if I would be as excited for it if I wasn't already familiar with comic. I still think it looks alright, but it could stand to be more indicative of the first volume's story rather than just the basic concept.

Also, I don't know how I missed Mr. Pogo during my first few watches of the trailer. He in the shot right before the title graphic.

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if I would be as excited for it if I wasn't already familiar with comic. I still think it looks alright, but it could stand to be more indicative of the first volume's story rather than just the basic concept.

Also, I don't know how I missed Mr. Pogo during my first few watches of the trailer. He in the shot right before the title graphic.
    To be fair, it is a teaser, not a trailer. But still ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

To be fair, it is a teaser, not a trailer. But still ...
    True. Hopefully come the new year we get something with a bit more meat to it. At least something to showcase the characters a bit more.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The comics are some of my favorites. I'll give this a spin for sure! Netflix makes quality.

A new, and significantly meatier trailer dropped today:

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Hot damn! That looks fabulous!

Hot damn! That looks fabulous!
    Yeah, the new trailer is significantly more indicative of the plot, and I'm all for it. Does anyone know how many episodes the first season will be?

Yeah, the new trailer is significantly more indicative of the plot, and I'm all for it. Does anyone know how many episodes the first season will be?
    It appears to be 10 as only one character is listed in 10 episodes.