Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    The Card Shark Justice Crazy Berserker's Avatar

Hello Cardies,

I'd like introduce myself and express interest in becoming a part of this card group. I have been a SHSO player since the beginning and really only play this game for the card battles. I stopped playing for a while, but came back when "Recharged" happened. Being able to use all my saved up gold/fractals on Unleashed packs was a great incentive to come back. So far I've liked all the changes they've been implementing. I look forward to the new Card Achievements mentioned in the last Squad Time episode.

Really the card portion sells this whole game for me. I'm always open to card games and card friends. I've probably random battled a few of you before. (A belated hello and GGs to any of you that recognize me.) I'd also be very interested in playing if a new card league started up. Please feel free to friend me for some matches. I'm usually playing in the deep hours of the night, due to my work schedule, or in the early afternoons. I'm pleased to find a place to discuss decks and strategies.

Nice to greet you all,

Justice Crazy Berserker

Skrull Hunter The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justice Crazy Berserker View Post
    Hello Cardies,

I'd like introduce myself and express interest in becoming a part of this card group. I have been a SHSO player since the beginning and really only play this game for the card battles. I stopped playing for a while, but came back when "Recharged" happened. Being able to use all my saved up gold/fractals on Unleashed packs was a great incentive to come back. So far I've liked all the changes they've been implementing. I look forward to the new Card Achievements mentioned in the last Squad Time episode.

Really the card portion sells this whole game for me. I'm always open to card games and card friends. I've probably random battled a few of you before. (A belated hello and GGs to any of you that recognize me.) I'd also be very interested in playing if a new card league started up. Please feel free to friend me for some matches. I'm usually playing in the deep hours of the night, due to my work schedule, or in the early afternoons. I'm pleased to find a place to discuss decks and strategies.

Nice to greet you all,

Justice Crazy Berserker
    Welcome Justice Crazy Berserker, you found Utopia of SHSO card players. I play the part of Scott Summers here, gathering my card loving mutants from extinction. I returned in August after being away for a little over a year. About five minutes later, I restarted the card league, LOL. Look over the thread, and look for us. Maybe we can schedule a time to meet and rock out on some matches. You found the place for card lovers, we have outstanding players here. Hope to see you in game soon.

Hello Cardies,

Nice to greet you all,

Justice Crazy Berserker
    Yes, I've played you 12 times (at least) and you've kicked my butt 10 of those times. You are a formidable opponent and even though I've lost most times to you, it is always a pleasure when I match-up with someone who is not playing "Wolverine's Starter Deck" -- and a challenge. I'm familiar playing against you, and you build ruthless, no-mercy, take-no-prisoner decks (which is true about everyone in this thread). Welcome to the only place around to discuss the SHSO Card Game! I'm happy that I'm able to communicate to someone I've matched up against a lot.

I play deep into the night as well (I'm on Pacific-US times), which is why I've matched up a lot against you.
    SHSO: The Sir Poet (Primary)
    SHSO: Digging Bionic Glider (Secondary)

The Card Shark Justice Crazy Berserker's Avatar

Mason, thanks for the welcome. I'd love to schedule a time to duel it out with ya'. Usually I'm available all day on Thursdays and Sunday Early Afternoon. Would that Work for you?

-

Oh yeah! Wassup, Poet! You're always one of my dreaded (favorite) match-ups. Mostly I am always jealousy of that super sweet nickname you got yourself. How long did you randomize before you got that? I also think you're a player I've seen since the beginning 3 and some years ago. I could be wrong.

Mason, thanks for the welcome. I'd love to schedule a time to duel it out with ya'. Usually I'm available all day on Thursdays and Sunday Early Afternoon. Would that Work for you?
    You're quite welcome. A Sunday afternoon Card Duel would be splendid. Let's touch base during the week, see if we could go this Sunday.

Mr Gallant centurion Spy, sir. Could you please play the games today?
    Shso name: Loud Raker Guardian
    Motto: De Omnibus Dubitandum

Can you guys make sure you capture/report in some manner the championship games?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sir Poet Bionic Glider View Post
    Can you guys make sure you capture/report in some manner the championship games?
    I will abuse the light shot tool I have but gallant must be patient for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    SHSO CARD LEAGUE II CHAMPIOSHIP 2014

October 11th to October 17th

Loud Raker Guardian vs Gallant Centurion Spy

Good luck gentlemen!!!!
    I re-started the Card League at the suggestion from Fighting Raven She had been a participant in the first Card League and wanted to compete in that setting again, so did I. I asked if there was enough interest and 16 participants applied. I made the league two matches a week which I did not think is a large amount. Facing each player once (in concept) would make for a total of 8 weeks.
    I always called it a League and not a tournament because a League is ongoing and long term. The first League was 20 players and lasted six months!!!!
    Only for true card lovers, I said....
    The common problem for both Leagues was lack of commitment. This current incarnation we lost more than half of the participants. And now I have a Championship Match that is missing in action....
    I don't really know what to take of this.....Is the card game really dead....
    Maybe the devs see something, we don't.....
    I know there a card lovers out there, how do I reach them, how do I engage them....
    I'm currently thinking of a floating system where a pool of players register and anytime your in game you can send invites for matches, a challenge match like the wild west. The player can decline and continue their own thing but If the challenger accepts the winner posts their victory and gets credit. The first player to a certain amount of victories is the Champion. It could be called The Manhunter Tournament, It would give card players the freedom to compete at their pace.... I don't know.
    And you gentlemen that went past the time frame for this "Championship Match", what are your intentions?
    Please feel free to comment and bounce around ideas......about the direction we should take.....

I re-started the Card League at the suggestion from Fighting Raven She had been a participant in the first Card League and wanted to compete in that setting again, so did I. I asked if there was enough interest and 16 participants applied. I made the league two matches a week which I did not think is a large amount. Facing each player once (in concept) would make for a total of 8 weeks.
    I always called it a League and not a tournament because a League is ongoing and long term. The first League was 20 players and lasted six months!!!!
    The common problem for both Leagues was lack of commitment. This current incarnation we lost more than half of the participants. And now I have a Championship Match that is missing in action....
    I know there a card lovers out there, how do I reach them, how do I engage them....
    I'm currently thinking of a floating system where a pool of players register and anytime your in game you can send invites for matches, a challenge match like the wild west. The player can decline and continue their own thing but If the challenger accepts the winner posts their victory and gets credit. The first player to a certain amount of victories is the Champion. It could be called The Manhunter Tournament, It would give card players the freedom to compete at their pace.... I don't know.
    And you gentlemen that went past the time frame for this "Championship Match", what are your intentions?
    Please feel free to comment and bounce around ideas......about the direction we should take.....

Mason thanks for all the great work you have done in organizing both leagues and managing the player commitments. Maybe we can pick up again if The devs ever breath new life into the card game.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

That is much better that way people whose RNG is great like me dont auto forward to the finals that easily! Also players who got very few matches like pyrebomb will have equal opportunities. I greatly apologize from my and spy's behalf as we couldnt set up the match yesterday or rest of the week due to lack of contact and how busy spy was, I deeply apologize for it again. I am very interested in rise of heroes only card match and easy quest only cards tournaments as it has an even playing field that way (well a bit more even)

That sounds like something I remember from the old Doom/Quake days -- when multiplayer games were limited to 1 on 1 -- we called it a "Ladder" and there were certain rules on who you could challenge in the "Ladder" based on the rankings. I've thought that might be a better way to enjoy the card game, but to be frank, reviving the card league and even getting interest has been enough. Wouldn't you say the revival of this thread is reason enough to not be discouraged?

I think it might be harder for new players to enjoy the card game because it's so hard to get new packs.... Rise of the Hero cards used to be free when you spun the wheel -- now they are 500 fractals. The Rise of Hero boosters should be 50 fractal -- that way at least new players can complete the Rise of Heroes decks. I guess the flip-side is that the card Quests are easier to acquire...

That sounds like something I remember from the old Doom/Quake days -- when multiplayer games were limited to 1 on 1 -- we called it a "Ladder" and there were certain rules on who you could challenge in the "Ladder" based on the rankings. I've thought that might be a better way to enjoy the card game, but to be frank, reviving the card league and even getting interest has been enough. Wouldn't you say the revival of this thread is reason enough to not be discouraged?

I think it might be harder for new players to enjoy the card game because it's so hard to get new packs.... Rise of the Hero cards used to be free when you spun the wheel -- now they are 500 fractals. The Rise of Hero boosters should be 50 fractal -- that way at least new players can complete the Rise of Heroes decks. I guess the flip-side is that the card Quests are easier to acquire...
    I agree ^^. I also have found a new love for gimmick decks! My all keepers deck is quite fun to use and had a few good runs. Anyone have ideas for any gimmick decks that are theoretically awful? Also how about a make the deck five minutes before the match and get rid of it after games?

Quote Originally Posted by sylvestro1299 View Post
    I agree ^^. I also have found a new love for gimmick decks! My all keepers deck is quite fun to use and had a few good runs. Anyone have ideas for any gimmick decks that are theoretically awful? Also how about a make the deck five minutes before the match and get rid of it after games?
    What do you mean by "gimmick"? The only problem with keeper-type deck is there are some wicked anti-keeper cards... Jean Grey's "All your opponents hit them for 2-damage".... that has to be one that is in mind when building a competitive deck (since you have no idea what your opponent is doing). There's also a Cyclops card dual-factor which is wicked. But I don't think "All Keepers" is really a gimmick... I've built "Annoying Avengers Keepers" deck, I've built "Annoying X-men Keepers" deck... my dream is to have enough copies of "X-Woman" that I'll be able to make a really wicked X-men keeper deck (well, with the point being to get that one keeper in play.

By awful do you mean to resurrect the "cheap" discussion we had awhile back? Also, I don't understand what you mean when you use the term "Good RNG". My "Annoying Orange Keepers" -- I consider it a "theme" but not really a "gimmick"... hopefully I'll have enough down time and effort to put a good write-up with graphics... etc. I pretty much use themed decks all of the time... Fantastic 4, X-men, Avengers, Keepers, Healing... I don't typically think of it as a gimmick.

Also -- does anyone have a copy of "Improving the Odds", (Deadpool, ***)? That is one card that neither of my accounts has a copy of... even though I've been purchasing Unleashed boosters for awhile and between them have at least 1 copy of that card.

I also can't figure out the pattern for the SUPER-RARE cards. I always thought it was "one in every 8" that was supposed to be SUPER RARE. So for Unleashed -- Digging Bionic Glider -- I've opened 107 Unleashed Booster Packs. The SUPER-RARE cards I've gotten were on packs: 4, 20, 23, 28, 35, 38, 48, 49, 52, 67, 69, 80, 84, 87, 90, 93, 107. That rate is better than 1 in 8... but can't figure out a pattern.

For "Villians' Fury" on The Sir Poet -- I've opened 48 booster cards and gotten only 3 SUPER-Rare cards: 19, 22, and 44.
    For "Unleashed" On The Sir Poet: opened 37 booster packs and gotten 3 SUPER-RARE cards: 13, 30 and 31.
    Both of those are worse than the "1 in 8 Upgrades to a SUPER RARE".

Bionic Glider has also had better luck with getting heroes in the boxes too.... hmmmmm....

What do you mean by "gimmick"? The only problem with keeper-type deck is there are some wicked anti-keeper cards... Jean Grey's "All your opponents hit them for 2-damage".... that has to be one that is in mind when building a competitive deck (since you have no idea what your opponent is doing). There's also a Cyclops card dual-factor which is wicked. But I don't think "All Keepers" is really a gimmick... I've built "Annoying Avengers Keepers" deck, I've built "Annoying X-men Keepers" deck... my dream is to have enough copies of "X-Woman" that I'll be able to make a really wicked X-men keeper deck (well, with the point being to get that one keeper in play.

By awful do you mean to resurrect the "cheap" discussion we had awhile back? Also, I don't understand what you mean when you use the term "Good RNG". My "Annoying Orange Keepers" -- I consider it a "theme" but not really a "gimmick"... hopefully I'll have enough down time and effort to put a good write-up with graphics... etc. I pretty much use themed decks all of the time...
    I'm sorry. I have been playing too much hearthstone,when I said gimmick I meant themes that are unusual and gain a lot of curiosity (like my complete RNG based decks in hearthstone that have no regular cards and theme decks that have synergy are pretty usual hence I want to forge decks that are terrible theoretically but have some good runs (lot of repetition involved from the first post huh?). I want to develop my skills of individually assessing each card. For example anticipate your enemy is a great card to increase chances of lucky block ( but RNG still takes over). Speaking of which I'm thinking of making a complete luck based deck(scarlet witch comes to mind). Anyways when I said gimmick I meant unusual themes that arrouse curiosity ( I know my engrish is so bad that even dogs can correct me ( how the hell does one confuse theme with gimmick? Is this guy a fool? ))

RNG means "random number generator" although it doesn't make grammatical sense it is usually referred to as luck (in the HS community at least). Sorry for completely random post with no organization whatsoever.