Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Skrull Hunter The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sir Poet Bionic Glider View Post
    This just happened to me. I defeated someone who was utilizing a mono Strength/Green. I am always very satisifed when it happens -- so I'll share what happened. I think it might be the first time I was successful using a particular deck.

My deck name was called: "Chained Attacks with 6 Green Blocks and 4 Red Blocks" (obviously that's me writing out my nomenclature). The concept is to maximize use of chained attacks, "Samurai Slash", "Raptor Rush", and "Slice N Dice Furyfest" are prominant cards. Looking at it more I also have many anti-keeper cards and fewer chains than I expected to see. The deck is predominately Orange/Speed, Blue/Elemental, Red/Animal factors. I only had 6 Green/Strength cards.

So myself and random opponent pass at the low levels (simply because I'm building a hand for future chaining) on a number of turns; we start attacking when the power hits Level 3 (we had 8-9 cards in our hand at one point). I was getting suspicious after the first couple of attacks he had, but after I saw 10 Green/Strength cards I was certain he was using a mono-deck. So I knew 2 things: Don't block any of his lower power attacks, and try to block the attacks that will certainly take a block from the deck. Additionally, feel free to just attack with everything else in my hand. Typical decks I build will have 7 of each factor -- which is why I name them to remind me which factors I'm short.

Fortunately, the ending was quite spectacular. I had managed to get two copies of Stegosaurus Spines in play.

When the Power Level turned 8, Raptor Rush fell into my hand (it actually may have been 1 turn before 'cause I was hoping the coin would increase the power). So I pulled off the combo here.

Even though he blocked Edge of Danger, it still activated the keepers.

And then I managed to mortally wound him using Turnabout.

I think he strategically assumed it was going to get blocked earlier, but it ended up doing 10+ damage and the power level didn't even come near Level 13. He must've thought he had to save that card to get rid of my keepers.

So, fun game: if you are taking on mono decks remember -- you need to play the mono-factor back to have a good chance of winning. Also, choose how you use your blocks wisely, *and* it does take some luck.

Incidentally this player came back and beat me with an Elektra-Daredevil combination (Orange/Speed, Red/Animal, Purple/Mystical?) type of deck. I was using a deck that was low on Orange/Speed blocks, but made it nearly to the end.
    During the first card league, a few great card players quit because of the use of mono decks. I remember the reason I allowed them was because we did not set any restrictions to begin with. I thought it would be a slippery slope. First we start banning certain decks, then certain cards, were would it stop? Mono decks were not impossible to beat, just very hard. Some players became quite good at beating mono decks. The abuse in the league of mono decks led to the crazy 28 rule. Mono decks are cheap decks there is no way around that, but they can be beat. Healing decks are especially adept at beating mono decks as you will get some blocks back during the heal. There are a few cards that can punish mono decks, but not enough. A strategic approach is recommended when dealing with them.

Storm Builder on SHSO Stormhawk's Avatar

Ok I have Nader on my friends list but is it Iridescent Gardener or The Iridescent Gardener? I am not sure about exact Squad Name.

Mason was pretty quick getting her Gauntlet together, I should have some extra time today so if Nader or Gardener wanna try and get some stones let me know when, pretty much anytime 5PM Central or later tonight. Or of course we can work out another day of course I just think I will be especially free tonight.
    Storm Builder on Super Hero Squad Online
    Stormhawk on Marvel Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhawk View Post
    Ok I have Nader on my friends list but is it Iridescent Gardener or The Iridescent Gardener? I am not sure about exact Squad Name.

Mason was pretty quick getting her Gauntlet together, I should have some extra time today so if Nader or Gardener wanna try and get some stones let me know when, pretty much anytime 5PM Central or later tonight. Or of course we can work out another day of course I just think I will be especially free tonight.
    I'm down for a match later tonight at 6-7 CST. But to make it formal *clears throat*. I challenge Storm Builder for his Reality Gem!

Just to clarify, "Iridescent Gardener", without the "The"
    LGBT

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Von Nader View Post
    I'm down for a match later tonight at 6-7 CST. But to make it formal *clears throat*. I challenge Storm Builder for his Reality Gem!
    Ok I will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Iridescent Gardener View Post
    Just to clarify, "Iridescent Gardener", without the "The"
    Ok thanks, I will try adding you each time I go on.

Due to things happening, I'll be on between 7-8 CST. instead of 6-7. Hope that's okay with you, if not, We can reschedule

Ok that's fine.... I just saw it. Gonna eat now

Ok that's fine.... I just saw it. Gonna eat now
    Logged on, Throw me an invite when you're ready

I have defeated Storm Builder and taken his Reality Gem!

Ok I guess I was supposed to challenge haha, I want my Reality back... and your Time Gem too! I challenge Nader!

Storm Builder defeats Astral Tornado Mariner for The Reality Gem!!! And Time Gem!

Close enough... Pic made possible by awesome assist by Mason....

I bounced back from a very decisive victory by Nader to try out a new deck and things went very well for me... I still have a luck stone around here.
    Last edited by Stormhawk; 12-15-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Nice! Storm Builder, I challenge you for the Power and Mind gems!
    I'm good to go mostly on the EST am's, but I can try the pm's as well, everyday except this Wednesday!
    LGBT

Nice! Storm Builder, I challenge you for the Power and Mind gems!
    I'm good to go mostly on the EST am's, but I can try the pm's as well, everyday except this Wednesday!
    Given that I just saw this it will probably have to be Thursday or later.

Given that I just saw this it will probably have to be Thursday or later.
    So, today is the day
    Let me know when you log in, I can play anytime!

So, today is the day
    Let me know when you log in, I can play anytime!
    I am logging in now, so for next hour I could. After that then schedule between 12:00-2:00 EST or 7:00-12:00 EST (Or tomorrow morning between 9 to 10 EST Morning)