Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    The Card Shark Justice Crazy Berserker's Avatar

Poet,

I believe the phrase "1 in every 8 packs" is a roundabout way of stating RNG percentages. You should see that phrase as meaning you have of 12.5% of the pack's rare becoming a super rare. Your first sample spread of pack opening showing is large and reveals that you had a 15.88% success rate. Those percentages are pretty similar and perhaps you were a tad on the lucky side of the random number generator. You second spreads, albeit low, show 6-8% drop rate. Which I guess is pretty unlucky. I think that there is no pattern, just random numbers.

But even so, I still have more "Improving the Odds" than you. :P

-

Adding to the gimmick deck discussion,

Perhaps it would be best to view these terms as a set restrictions in deck building for league runs and small tournaments.

For example:

Expansion Limited (ie. Quests, Rise of Heroes, Unleashed, Villains' Fury. Dark Justice.)
    Theme Limited (ie. Only Certain Characters, Groups, Power Levels, Factors, etc.)
    Banning Cards (ie. Tournaments where we play with a list of voted upon banned cards and restrictions.)

-

Raker,

My favorite awful theoretical theme/gimmick/fanshipping deck is my Deadpool and Spider-Man Best Friends Forever! deck. I just want it to work so bad, and it just performs even more badly. :*( Also, what's up wid Hearthstone, kid????

Quote Originally Posted by Justice Crazy Berserker View Post
    Poet,

I believe the phrase "1 in every 8 packs" is a roundabout way of stating RNG percentages. You should see that phrase as meaning you have of 12.5% of the pack's rare becoming a super rare. Your first sample spread of pack opening showing is large and reveals that you had a 15.88% success rate. Those percentages are pretty similar and perhaps you were a tad on the lucky side of the random number generator. You second spreads, albeit low, show 6-8% drop rate. Which I guess is pretty unlucky. I think that there is no pattern, just random numbers.

But even so, I still have more "Improving the Odds" than you. :P

-

Adding to the gimmick deck discussion,

Perhaps it would be best to view these terms as a set restrictions in deck building for league runs and small tournaments.

For example:

Expansion Limited (ie. Quests, Rise of Heroes, Unleashed, Villains' Fury. Dark Justice.)
    Theme Limited (ie. Only Certain Characters, Groups, Power Levels, Factors, etc.)
    Banning Cards (ie. Tournaments where we play with a list of voted upon banned cards and restrictions.)

-

Raker,

My favorite awful theoretical theme/gimmick/fanshipping deck is my Deadpool and Spider-Man Best Friends Forever! deck. I just want it to work so bad, and it just performs even more badly. :*( Also, what's up wid Hearthstone, kid????
    One of my most hated marvel characters with one of my favourites ill try making a deck with them!
    Shso name: Loud Raker Guardian
    Motto: De Omnibus Dubitandum

Spy beats Loud Raker Guardian 2-0 in the Championship Match.

Thanks to all who played in the tourney! It was a blast! Thanks to Mason (and the patience it takes) for running this!
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Spy beats Loud Raker Guardian 2-0 in the Championship Match.

Thanks to all who played in the tourney! It was a blast! Thanks to Mason (and the patience it takes) for running this!
    I would say good games. Also I apologize for not screenshotting the match as i was not prepared (Illidan Stormrage). It was a straight up loss with no chance of coming back and his luck played a major factor i did have a few misplays underestimating spy's luck

Edit: Also appreciate the sarcasm
    Last edited by sylvestro1299; 10-20-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvestro1299 View Post
    I would say good games. Also I apologize for not screenshotting the match as i was not prepared (Illidan Stormrage). It was a straight up loss with no chance of coming back and his luck played a major factor i did have a few misplays underestimating spy's luck

Edit: Also appreciate the sarcasm
    <laughs> No sarcasm. I'm shocked I won the tourney!!! I did luck out with my two deck choices, though! That first game was one lucky block away from being close!

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Skrull Hunter The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Gallant Centurion Spy
    2014 Card League Champion

Congrats to you Spy, well deserved. Thanks to all who participated. Working on concepts to keep competitive card matches going with top players. The Manhunter Tournament might be the way of the future. I will be PMing you Spy, so you can receive your championship prize. Now that the League has ended the conversation can be open and we can discuss decks, deck building favorite cards and such. And for a quick quiz, what three cards are in almost every deck I build? I call them Mason cards, let's see who has been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Gallant Centurion Spy
    2014 Card League Champion

Congrats to you Spy, well deserved. Thanks to all who participated. Working on concepts to keep competitive card matches going with top players. The Manhunter Tournament might be the way of the future. I will be PMing you Spy, so you can receive your championship prize. Now that the League has ended the conversation can be open and we can discuss decks, deck building favorite cards and such. And for a quick quiz, what three cards are in almost every deck I build? I call them Mason cards, let's see who has been paying attention.
    Supernatural soda, sliced in half and uhh that power decreasing card can't remember.

I am trying hard to make this deadpool and spidey deck to work http://prntscr.com/4y5suy its just too hard!

Here's my Fantastic Four deck that did quite well in the tourney because mainly of Loop De Loop and Quick Save. All photos taken from our wiki.

This deck is FANTASTIC against "healer" decks but is vulnerable to energy and strength decks. Since this is also an "energy" deck, it favors you, BUT is still vulnerable. And not too many of you folks play a strength deck in tourneys...

Skrull Hunter The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Supernatural soda, sliced in half and uhh that power decreasing card can't remember.
    Scarlet_Witch_-_Supernatural_Soda.jpg Elektra_-_Slice_in_Half.jpg Blade_-_Night_Knight.jpg

The Card Shark Justice Crazy Berserker's Avatar

I am trying hard to make this deadpool and spidey deck to work http://prntscr.com/4y5suy its just too hard!
    This is my, with the cards I have access to, best working version of
    DEADPOOL AND SPIDER-MAN BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!

4x Here Comes the Spider-Man
    3x Improving The Odds
    4x Strength of the Spiders
    2x Spider-Sense
    3x Spider-Strikes
    4x Web-Slinger
    3x Risk It All
    4x You Can Count On Me
    4x You Gotta Be Kidding Me!
    1x Smell Ya Later!
    4x Accelerated Healing
    1x The Harder They Fall
    3x Fancy Footwork

If I had them I would replace 1x You Gotta Be Kidding Me, Smell Ya Later & The Harder They Fall with 3x Personal Theme Song
    Last edited by Justice Crazy Berserker; 10-21-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Close enough. I thought of that healing card but I don't think I saw it in ur cap deck that's why I didn't put it , also I only have one copy of it time to obtain more!

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Here's my Fantastic Four deck that did quite well in the tourney because mainly of Loop De Loop and Quick Save. All photos taken from our wiki.

This deck is FANTASTIC against "healer" decks but is vulnerable to energy and strength decks. Since this is also an "energy" deck, it favors you, BUT is still vulnerable. And not too many of you folks play a strength deck in tourneys...
    Damn it gallant I as gonna use my hulk deck but I thought everybody would be cautious about them! Nooooooo , also a card deck with uneven block scheme never heard of such a thing. Guess I should've stop following the rules and make a more aggressive deck.

Damn it gallant I as gonna use my hulk deck but I thought everybody would be cautious about them! Nooooooo , also a card deck with uneven block scheme never heard of such a thing. Guess I should've stop following the rules and make a more aggressive deck.
    Hmmm well I can see now why my purple/green x-men deck destroyed this but my wolverine and mostly red hulk decks had a hard time. I'm also not so sold on such an unbalanced defense, although hedging your bet towards a healer deck in league/tournament play is definitely wise.
    SHSO - Fighting Raven
    Squad Level: 4700+

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Hmmm well I can see now why my purple/green x-men deck destroyed this but my wolverine and mostly red hulk decks had a hard time. I'm also not so sold on such an unbalanced defense, although hedging your bet towards a healer deck in league/tournament play is definitely wise.
    How do you say --- "Vulnerable to Erase Your Destiny!". That's quite a gutsy defense given the first lesson I learned playing the card game was "Always hold an Energy Block to counter Erase Your Destiny". Then after playing Mason so much it was "Always hold a speed-block to counter Slice-in-Half". Especially since you'll be drawing cards out -- you'd have to hope to pick the Energy block back up with "Quick Save" [I guess that is what you eluded to].

Thanks for sharing -- I'm also interested in seeing the power distribution -- I typically think ~ 15-20 beyond Level 7 and that fits the bill.
    SHSO: The Sir Poet (Primary)
    SHSO: Digging Bionic Glider (Secondary)