Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Storm Builder on SHSO Stormhawk's Avatar

Week 3

(In our first of 2 matches this week)

Storm Builder over Serene Work Major in a 2-1 match... really beat me bad in 2nd match so clearly anything could happen! (Well anything between 0 and 2 wins/loses )

Skrull Hunter The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catliker View Post
    Guys i'm so sorry for so much delays but i'll not be able to do any of the matches :c though i would love to know who will win in the end c:
    (please forgive me i didn't know that so much stuff can happen in 2 weeks) Good luck to everyone :з
    It's cool. It's better for everyone to know than keep reaching out with no response or worse yet forfeit. all week 1 loses to Icy Roamer Archer will be erased. All Week 2 matches against her won't be counted either. Breaking Wonderful Scientist will take her spot in The League. Tomorrow after the smoke clears from Week 2, a revised Week 3 schedule will be posted. Any matches for Week 3 already played will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhawk View Post
    Week 3

(In our first of 2 matches this week)

Storm Builder over Serene Work Major in a 2-1 match... really beat me bad in 2nd match so clearly anything could happen! (Well anything between 0 and 2 wins/loses )
    Congrats on the win, standings are updated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sir Poet Bionic Glider View Post
    I just think building a deck full of Daredevil and Elektra is kind've "cheap"; I agree the cards complement each other, for sure.
    I remember in our first card league, the big debate was mono decks (all cards the same factor) that was a controversy that caused a few players to quit. That was considered a cheap deck. And it was, there was no thought behind it. out of that came the Crazy 28 Rule (no more than 28 cards of the same factor). But considering the design of the card game itself, the quests, the cards chaining, and giving and advantage for using cards within the same family? I don't see that as cheap. That is how the game is designed and meant to be played. The quest to build these decks have to be purchased. The strategy for great players in the card league come from:

1-Recognition: being familiar with the theme decks and recognizing what your up against, certain themes will have killer cards that you have to...
    2-Hold Blocks: knowing that certain killer cards or keepers are coming from within the decks and being disciplined enough to take damage to strategically hold that block in the end to win the game.
    3-Block Building: which hits on my next point, since you don't know what type of deck your facing, building an even blocking deck while still maintaining your chains and "surprises" is an art form.
    4-Counting Blocks- which leads into an elite player skill, counting blocks, not only what your playing but also what your opponent is playing. counting the blocks as they go past your discard pile or your opponents can sometimes be the difference in a close game.

so far from theme decks being "cheap" they are the way the game was designed, the elite players use this and build the other skills mentioned to become dominant. Of course, the flip of the coin and the initial draw determine what type of game your going to play, more often that not elite players rise to the top.
    Play what's fun for you, the healing decks are not a theme, but a factor that some players chose to build decks off, imagination is unrestrained. but to call decks that players use within the design of the game "cheap" is shortsighted, In all respect, that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by The Tyrannical Mason; 08-15-2014 at 05:54 PM.

SHSO Card League Week 3 REVISED

August 16th to August 22nd

For our endeavor to succeed ,we need players that are willing to communicate and participate when they are expected to. Going forward we will be going with 12 players. Divine Lightning Tornado will be dropped from The League for lack of participation. Serene Work Major has communicated back and forth with me, and has decided it would be best for The League if he would withdraw.
    We welcome the addition of Breaking Wonderful Scientist, who is in fact replacing Icy Roamer Archer who withdrew from The League.
    We stand at 12 from 16, I believe the 12 we have are committed. Let's have some fun folks. Below is the revised schedule for Week 3, taking all things into account.
    Breaking Wonderful Scientist, please take note your matched up three times this week, on the first post of this thread is a player directory contact your opponents and set up days and times to play. Best 2 out of 3 and The Crazy 28 rule is in effect.
    Good luck to all!!!!

Shocking Techno Girl vs Phantasmal Cowboy Musician
    Breaking Wonderful Scientist vs The Tyrannical Mason
    Serene Work Major vs Storm Builder Storm Builder W 2-1
    Lancing Sparrow Sergeant vs Loud Raker Guardian Loud Raker Guardian W 2-1
    Tunneling Rover Acrobat vs Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Gallant Centurion Spy vs Breaking Wonderful Scientist
    Fighting Raven vs Polite Earthen Despair

Tunneling Rover Acrobat vs Polite Earthen Despair
    Gallant Centurion Spy vs Phantasmal Cowboy Musician
    Loud Raker Guardian vs The Tyrannical Mason Loud Raker Guardian W 2-1
    Lancing Sparrow Sergeant vs Shocking Techno Girl
    Fighting Raven vs Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Storm Builder vs Breaking Wonderful Scientist

Avengers

Gallant Centurion Spy 2-1 Power Rank 5-2

Fighting Raven 3-1 Power Rank 6-3

Polite Earthen Despair 1-1 Power Rank 3-2

Xmen

Phantasmal Cowboy Musician 2-2 Power Rank 5-5

The Tyrannical Mason 1-4 Power Rank 5-9

Breaking Wonderful Scientist 0-0 Power Rank 0-0

Shield

Shocking Techno Girl 2-0 Power Rank 4-2

Tunneling Rover Acrobat 2-1 Power Rank 4-4

Loud Raker Guardian 2-3 Power Rank 4-6

Fantastic Four

Masked Traveler Seamstress 2-1 Power Rank 5-2

Storm Builder 3-2 Power Rank 7-6

Lancing Sparrow Sergeant 1-3 Power Rank 4-6
    Last edited by The Tyrannical Mason; 08-16-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Week:3 The Tyrannical Mason over Breaking Wonderful Scientist 2-1

Welcome to The League Scientist, he crushed my 1st deck. I came back to back with some tough wins. He is going to be a problem. You got Gallant Centurion Spy and Storm Builder next, enjoy. You wanted competition, you came to the right place. Enjoy, my friend!!

I just got home from vacation so I'll be pming you guys about matches, thanks for your patience

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    ... [S]o far from theme decks being "cheap" they are the way the game was designed, the elite players use this and build the other skills mentioned to become dominant. Of course, the flip of the coin and the initial draw determine what type of game your going to play, more often that not elite players rise to the top.
    I've had some time to chew on your response, and have too many thoughts; please don't get offended by the use of my term "cheap".... "cheap" is the word I've used after getting destroyed by sometimes well-thought out decks and also sometimes not-so-well thought out decks.

The thing about these decks and the card game is that every deck has strengths and weaknesses, and I don't think there's anything known as a "bullet-proof" deck. That's why it's fun to play... and also frustrating.

It's funny because I've always wondered why people complain about the card game abandonment and now I see the point... it's really development of cards that will tend to balance things out. I personally think the healing strategy is over-powered in the game, and would like to see a keeper which says "Heal 1 if your opponent healed any cards during their turn". I also have seen some interesting Black Widow cards I've gotten in Mystery Boxes which can help counter the "limited factor" decks. And I've also gotten some good Level suppression cards in Unleashed and Villians' Fury decks (unfortunately I haven't yet acquired a complete set of all the quests, nor am even 1/5th of the way to getting sets of Villians' Fury or Unleashed.). A lot of those type of cards (which appeal to me) are harder to acquire.

But there are certain card-sets I've had trouble playing with because they are hard to set-up and then when set-up well, the power gets away from me... that is they are well-designed for low-power, but the coin flips heads too much and aren't worth much. Spiderman, Emma Frost, and some of the Fantastic 4 card sets are like this to me (I'm pointing to Mr. Fantastic's L6 keeper which draws cards on Fantastic 4 damage, it should be a L4 keeper!). Now, maybe part of it is that I'm not playing from the full Unleashed deck... but, especially Emma Frost I've had problems playing her deck because she seems to get over-powered (before you can get to playing the L11 play an opponent card).
    SHSO: The Sir Poet (Primary)
    SHSO: Digging Bionic Glider (Secondary)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sir Poet Bionic Glider View Post
    I've had some time to chew on your response, and have too many thoughts; please don't get offended by the use of my term "cheap".... "cheap" is the word I've used after getting destroyed by sometimes well-thought out decks and also sometimes not-so-well thought out decks.

The thing about these decks and the card game is that every deck has strengths and weaknesses, and I don't think there's anything known as a "bullet-proof" deck. That's why it's fun to play... and also frustrating.

It's funny because I've always wondered why people complain about the card game abandonment and now I see the point... it's really development of cards that will tend to balance things out.
    I wasn't offended at all, I'm sorry if it came across as that. The discussion of the card game on the last thread explored and debated all aspects of the card game. That was healthy, some people were very opinionated about certain aspects of the card game. But we never took it personal, it was all in love. We debated because we were passionate, some in-balances like a deck slanted in a particular factor were addressed with some cards, but some in-balances remain. Nevertheless the more cards you acquire, people start to get original and build decks around particular strategies. That is the beauty of it, and when you come across these decks you think now that was clever!!! I enjoy these conversations, I'm sure they will continue as we cross decks in battle.

Week 2 Match
    Lancing Sparrow Sergeant vs Tunneling Rover Acrobat

I'm sorry, I missed counting this match with all the turn over. To my knowledge this match was not completed. I will extend it till the end of Week 3, please complete it to avoid a forfeit.

Default SHSO Card League Week 4

SHSO Card League Week 4

August 23rd to August 29th

Headbanger (Dark Justice).jpg

Here is your Week 4 Schedule, don't forget early matches are accepted and recommended. Don't leave them till the last minute.
    Best 2 out of 3 and The Crazy 28 rule is in effect.
    Good luck to all!!!!

The Tyrannical Mason vs Phantasmal Cowboy Musician
    Fighting Raven vs Shocking Techno Girl
    Polite Earthen Despair vs Gallant Centurion Spy
    Loud Raker Guardian vs Tunneling Rover Acrobat
    Breaking Wonderful Scientist vs Lancing Sparrow Sergeant
    Storm Builder vs Masked Traveler Seamstress

The Tyrannical Mason vs Lancing Sparrow Sergeant
    Loud Raker Guardian vs Breaking Wonderful Scientist
    Polite Earthen Despair vs Storm Builder
    Gallant Centurion Spy vs Shocking Techno Girl
    Phantasmal Cowboy Musician vs Masked Traveler Seamstress
    Tunneling Rover Acrobat vs Fighting Raven

Future Foundation Spider Wonderful Scientist's Avatar

Week:3 Breaking Wonderful Scientist over Storm Builder 2-0

Very tight games,but the luck was on my side this time!
    Last edited by Wonderful Scientist; 08-21-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Scientist View Post
    Week:3 Breaking Wonderful Scientist over Storm Builder 2-0

Very tight games,but the luck was in my side this time!
    Congrats on your first League win, standings update on the second post of this thread...

http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post350619

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Week 2 Match
    Lancing Sparrow Sergeant vs Tunneling Rover Acrobat

I'm sorry, I missed counting this match with all the turn over. To my knowledge this match was not completed. I will extend it till the end of Week 3, please complete it to avoid a forfeit.
    Aw man. Is Rango unresponsive, now, too? I am having no luck with opponents. I either get champions or drop-outs! Or sylvestro. =P
    SHSO: Polite Earthen Despair

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrebomb View Post
    Aw man. Is Rango unresponsive, now, too? I am having no luck with opponents. I either get champions or drop-outs! Or sylvestro. =P
    This happened to me last tournament, but don't despair because the more you play better opponents, the better you will become. I was doing horrible in the last tournament, but got much better on the last half of the tournament. I almost made the playoffs. I came from the back of the pack to nearly qualifying.

You can ask Mason, she witnessed it. You do get better.

CUG
    SHSO Squad Name: Champion Urban Guard or CUG
    Signature Hero: Silver Surfer or Spiderman
    Signature Team: The Avengers
    Squad Level: 2011
    Achievement Level: 5225