Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162 LastLast

... anyone on at this late hour... been so long since I've had a series of good card matches.... I've spent the dead Player v. Player time finally collecting a full set of all the Quests -- also purchasing some Mystery Boxes has augmented my collection a bit .. but whenever I play someone else it seems like I destroy them and they don't go back into the card game...

Edit to Add: ... and almost instantly both Lieutenant Boxing Scarf and Magical Glass Chemist come online to play! Lieutenant Boxing Scarf actually invited me for a card match -- surprisingly I was able to beat him. One of his decks does not have many green/strength blocks and I was able to finish the match off with an 11-damage "Eternal Might" attack. I think this deck was over-loaded to Purple/Energy and Red/Animal blocks since I played a Blade-centric deck and was doing very poor with lucky blocks.

Magical Glass Chemist was also a handful. I had a deck built around "Unstable Goblin Serum" and when we were down near the end he had 4 cards left and attacked me with the one factor (silver/tech) that I had a block for. I even accidentally had blocked Unstable Goblin Serum, but it worked out for me in the end, because he was lacking the right block factor to my benefit.

And now the card game falls silent again and I'm "Waiting for other player to join..." -- time to get some sleep then...
    Last edited by The Sir Poet Bionic Glider; 12-31-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    SHSO: The Sir Poet (Primary)
    SHSO: Digging Bionic Glider (Secondary)

The Card Shark Justice Crazy Berserker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhawk View Post
    Stay tuned squaddies cause stuff about to get weird.
    Oh great Grandmaster of Flashcards!

I am ready for the weird.

Skrull Hunter The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

All righty Grandmaster Drunken Dragon, oh whatever you call yourself these days...rematch on!!!!

Storm Builder on SHSO Stormhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    All righty Grandmaster Drunken Dragon, oh whatever you call yourself these days...rematch on!!!!
    Seriously though is it possible CBR just hates Deadpool? (I don't that much about him TBH... I couldn't get a Slade Wilson Avatar for placeholder either haha)... so far these stones suck. (But give me some time I will figure these things out... I got the Time Gem so that's gotta be good for something... like more DVR space.)

EDIT: Mason & I are on for the re-match this weekend! She has been pretty busy but this weekend we plan on using our same decks for final match. (Maybe if we have A LOT of time I could try my others, we played 3 matches and I used three decks.. but 2 were very similar.)
    Last edited by Stormhawk; 01-09-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    Storm Builder on Super Hero Squad Online
    Stormhawk on Marvel Heroes

This thread is in need of a BUMP -- big props to Magical Glass Chemist -- we must have matched up about 10 times last night... I'm always very evenly matched with him and no matter what happens he puts together good decks. Still working on some other articles to put together -- only have limited time though and when I have time I'd rather be playing SHSO instead of writing about it.

Wow I guess Mason is pretty busy cause she hasn't answered my last PM. I hope things are ok with her. If someone else wants to take up the optional challenge to her it was this... A keeper deck, each card must be labeled keeper, (not keeper killer) and you can only have ONE copy of any card. So its at least 40 individual cards that are each a different keeper. Preferably someone who can record but if not that's ok. Winner gets to set the rules for another match. I already have my deck using the same rules.

Wow I guess Mason is pretty busy cause she hasn't answered my last PM. I hope things are ok with her. If someone else wants to take up the optional challenge to her it was this... A keeper deck, each card must be labeled keeper, (not keeper killer) and you can only have ONE copy of any card. So its at least 40 individual cards that are each a different keeper. Preferably someone who can record but if not that's ok. Winner gets to set the rules for another match. I already have my deck using the same rules.
    I will be non-committal on accepting the challenge -- my "Pacific Time Zone Night Owl" availability is too limited to be able to commit to setting up a match time online, but I will build such a deck in case we cross paths online and I have 15 minutes of free time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sir Poet Bionic Glider View Post
    I will be non-committal on accepting the challenge -- my "Pacific Time Zone Night Owl" availability is too limited to be able to commit to setting up a match time online, but I will build such a deck in case we cross paths online and I have 15 minutes of free time.
    Ok, thanks! I will try and add you to my friends list whenever I am on, especially late. (Or early )

I would as well like to battle you with these conditions. When are you available?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice Crazy Berserker View Post
    I would as well like to battle you with these conditions. When are you available?
    Most evenings (with warning, I was kinda busy today.) Central time zone, just let me know.

Most evenings (with warning, I was kinda busy today.) Central time zone, just let me know.
    We could try for Thursday night.

We could try for Thursday night.
    I can do that, if you want to narrow it down how about 6:00 Central? if not please tell me when is good. Thanks.

I can do that, if you want to narrow it down how about 6:00 Central? if not please tell me when is good. Thanks.
    We're gonna have to reschedule. I thought that my Thursday D&D group was canceled, but I guess it is back on. Sorry about that.

We're gonna have to reschedule. I thought that my Thursday D&D group was canceled, but I guess it is back on. Sorry about that.
    That's ok, have fun & many good rolls Game is updating now anyway & it DL's so slow here, but its probably not as big as last update.

Default Match battle (part i)

Introduction
    This article has been a bit in the making. I think the reason I wanted to write about this match was the use of the rare Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel and Black Widow cards in a deck -- an impressive card collection I'm jealous of. This was such a fun match that came down to the wire, and even featured my opponent having their top card in their hand at the end.

A couple points before we got on with the pretty graphs and the deck discussion, etc. - which to be honest was a lot of time given the 10 minutes an actual card match goes. I struggled for some time to figure out how best to take about card matches, so I came up with "Damage Graphs". "Damage Graphs" are a function of Turn # and Opponents cards left. I did not actually begin capturing this match until we were in about 3-4 turns (but that did not matter since we both had high power decks. Additionally, the Card Game world is so small, I've obscured my opponents true identity using the monikor "Loud Valiant Master". I will admit that I faced this same deck at a later date and having this information was very helpful.

So... without further report, a complete synopsis, summary and analysis of

THE SIR POET'S "HIGH LEVEL HAVOC" vs. LOUD VALIENT MASTER'S "GIRLS CAN OF WHOOP-TUSHIE"

High Level Havoc

My intention was to build a relatively high level deck that had some positive healing features. I consider Level 7 to be the boundary point -- that is where the dual factor decks generally start to come into play. If I get King and Queen into play at some point (and it survives), I have 10 healing oppurtunities based on the Storm/Black Panther dual factor cards. Additionally Wolverine gives me another 6 straight up oppurtunities for healing. The goal is to endure through the lower power levels, while still packing some of a punch and dominate at the higher power levels.

Attack Factors are completely skewed in favor of Blue/Energy and Red/Animal -- even Green/Strength and Orange/Speed are over-represented to the expense of Silver/Tech and Purple/Energy. The use of dual-factor Blue/Energy is phenomenal. My blocking factors are generally spread out, I've made my deck vulnerable to Orange/Speed. Hope I don't run into a Falcon/Capt America-centric deck (I've built them and gotten busted pretty quick with them!). This deck lacks anti-keeper cards.

Girls Can of Whoop-Tushie

I didn't build this deck, but it appears to feature Spider Woman, Ms. Marvel and Black Widow. After Level 3 there appear to be ample attacks, high level attacks are more lacking in this deck. Attack factors favor Blue/Energy, Orange/Speed, at the expense of Green/Strength and Silver/Tech. The blocks are evenly spread, but lacking in Silver/Tech.

My opponent could potential be able to exploit the Orange/Speed advantage, but I have an advantage in the Blue/Energy and Red/Animal factors (yay!). Of course none of this matters if the deck is shuffled so that you lose 3 of the same factor right off the bat off a low-level attack (that never happens!).

... go to next post for Part II