Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am afraid you are making the case for the armor than against it "They have people who can fly, throw mountains, shrug off nukes, investigate their surroundings in atomic detail" and "The only thing armor would do is allow Bruce to be in the middle of a fist fight". Yup that exactly what armor does.It allows Batman to run around area with Kryptonians,Reverse flashes,Doomsdays, and not die when a near God like being hits him. The suit is not about Batman beating up Despero. It is about this
    Well, my point is that most of the time, Batman shouldn't be getting attacked in the first place, because he's too sneaky to get caught.

I take issue with Batman dodging Omega Beams and defeating gods with chewing gum but I can accept the idea that he's sneaky enough for that kind of being to not notice him, nor should he be all that close. Most of the time. Especially with his colorful, powerful friends distracting the bad guys.

Now, on the occasion where he does have to get into a situation where he's likely to be in a fight with a Despero or a New God or a Zod? Then the armor is fine. No problems with it at all if he occasionally breaks out a suit for a particular mission. The panels you posted where Bruce is on Apokolips and wearing New God armor? Yeah, that's fine with me. I just dont think it should be a regular thing; Batman is typically more important out of the fist fight than he is in it.

As for a "low" high tech suit like the Beyond armor? I honestly question why he doesnt wear something like that all the time. But armor like that isn't going to help him against League level threats. Despero will tear such a suit apart as easily as the kevlar and leather Bruce usually wears.

I do maintain that Nightwing should get himself a suit with "Beyond" like abilities.....but I desperately want to see Nightwing out of the street level stuff and back in the "superhuman" sphere......and that's neither here nor there for this discussion anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The entire Batgod concept has gone way, way, way too far.

At this point, Batman's the most powerful being in the multiverse. He can defeat anyone, at any time, and has already prepared perfect, unbeatable plans for anything that could ever possibly happen on any level ever. Hell, he has a plan, already set in motion, to defeat me personally if I somehow ever end up in charge at DC and decide to enforce an editorial edict saying that the Batgod stuff has to be toned down. He's *that* good. And anyone else reading this and thinking that they're tired of the Batgod too? He has plans for all of you as well.

I cannot help but literally laugh out loud whenever I see people talk about how Batman is "relatable" because he's "human." Just a regular old guy, right? Because who doesn't dodge Omega Beams, trip the Flash, and defeat the entire Justice League with little more than some smoke, some glue, and some bubblegum?

Batman is awesome. But the Batgod needs to die and never see the light of day again. Never ever ever.
    This comment made my day.

So he should use a suit capable of drawing blood from Darkseid on Joker? Wouldn't one punch from that suit kill Joker, which is clearly something Bruce wouldn't want to do.
    A suit capable of standing up to Darkseid is going to be complete invulnerable to anything 99% of his enemies can throw at him. Why would he look in his closet and say "Okay, I'm going to wear the suit that I CAN get shot and stabbed in," when he can wear the suit that he CAN'T get shot or stabbed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    A suit capable of standing up to Darkseid is going to be complete invulnerable to anything 99% of his enemies can throw at him. Why would he look in his closet and say "Okay, I'm going to wear the suit that I CAN get shot and stabbed in," when he can wear the suit that he CAN'T get shot or stabbed in?
    The only way to make this argument work is to say that armor like that is counter-productive to Bruce's skillset. Which means you focus the character on the detective and stealth aspects rather than being able to go toe-to-toe with superhumans. Because if the only consideration is how hard Batman can punch, there's no objective reason at all for him not to wear armor and go full-on Stark mode all the time. You gotta say that power armor is like giving a bazooka to a ninja; sure that ninja might find it useful once in a while but most of the time it's just going to get in the way. Because there's no other justification that holds water (IMO, obvs)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Re 'why not always use an enhanced suit':

Because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

He also runs the risk of foregoing his training and relying on tech (think Wolverine relying on his healing factor to barrel his way through a Hand horde). The equipment are tools, they're not him.

Besides, some of his uber-enhanced tech is reliant on alien technology and he'd rather not give people a backdoor in such a way. (Imagine a White Martian scanning him and realising there's some Martian tech in his (otherwise-impervious-to-the-Martian-mind-unless-allowed-to-by-the-user) visor that can be triggered by some Martian word that's impossible for a human tongue to pronounce... or Faora noting something similar but of Kryptonian origin...)

Azrael was forced into a situation where he had to remove his armour; Batwing had his armour messed with in various ways. Bruce just wants to be able to take off the cape and keep going.

His suit has come a long way from the cloth-thing that it used to be - protection down the spine, reinforced cowl, nomex and Kevlar weaves, monitoring systems, data uplinks, visual enhancements, quick release gauntlets, all sorts of funky things in his boots (Data would have a field day) - but the guy loves getting up-close and personal and a lot of the protective enhancements (plating etc) affect maneuverability.