Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't like Batman using impenetrable armour on a permanent basis, because it takes away from the sense of danger. Logically, I suppose Wayne Tech can create a suit that gives Batman invulnerablilty, but logic is a slippery slope in comics. If Bruce has all this tech, he should just establish his own police force to run Gotham, all provided with Wayne Tech suits and equipment. But that's not the fun of Batman. The fun is seeing an ordinary guy risk his life, always in danger of being hit by stray bullets or falling from a great height, as he goes up against clever rogues and superior numbers of musclemen. For that to happen, the criminal element likewise can't become too hyped up, because the suspension of disbelief begins to break down. There's no way an ordinary guy can fight off an army of metahumans. So for Batman to remain his old self, the solo stories have to stick with the ground level villains.
    Yeah in his own comics, wear the regular suit, just with the justice league have a upgraded suit. He does not need to wear it all the time. Just for justice league.

Even spiderman with better abilities than batman wears an upgrade at times, especially when with the avengers.

Being the smartest man in the room is ok for batman but than he should just be a commander in chief. They need to balance his role, to not diminish superman. Infact one of them should not be apart of the justice league.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Yeah in his own comics, wear the regular suit, just with the justice league have a upgraded suit. He does not need to wear it all the time. Just for justice league.

Even spiderman with better abilities than batman wears an upgrade at times, especially when with the avengers.

Being the smartest man in the room is ok for batman but than he should just be a commander in chief. They need to balance his role, to not diminish superman. Infact one of them should not be apart of the justice league.
    I don't get why people have a problem with Bruce wearing power armor when like you said Spider-Man (who already has powers) occasionally wears them. If he's going to be around the JL and JL level threats I have no problem with him wearing power armor. He'd look pretty stupid to be a member and not have some sort of upgrade just in case he needs one.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 12-17-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Retired

That's why I said "on a permanent basis." In the classic comics, Batman was often shown wearing special suits in different circumstances. Which was pretty fun and cool--and gives some ideas for new action figures. But these were always off-model and the orthodox model was always the regular costume.

It is all or nothing with the tech suits. Batman can't wear in suit Justice League and then go in his comics "Hmmm let me just forget that I have this great suit and put myself danger". Batman would look just as stupid not using power armor on the regular if he has the tech. Once you establish Batman with a power suit every time something in his comic happens that power suit could have prevent would be questioned by fans. So powersuits have to be temp or permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is all or nothing with the tech suits. Batman can't wear in suit Justice League and then go in his comics "Hmmm let me just forget that I have this great suit and put myself danger". Batman would look just as stupid not using power armor on the regular if he has the tech. Once you establish Batman with a power suit every time something in his comic happens that power suit could have prevent would be questioned by fans. So powersuits have to be temp or permanent
    Not really, different circumstances require different methods. He's already physically superior to the vast majority of his villains, so it's not like he needs something crazy like the Hellbat suit to face the Joker. Spider-Man doesn't need a special suit to face someone like Kraven the Hunter for example. Sure he could use it but what's the point when he can beat him easily without it? Bruce's base suit and gear are fine in Gotham/street level settings but if he's going to continue being a member of the JL he'll need power suits on a more regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Not really, different circumstances require different methods. He's already physically superior to the vast majority of his villains, so it's not like he needs something crazy like the Hellbat suit to face the Joker. Spider-Man doesn't need a special suit to face someone like Kraven the Hunter for example. Sure he could use it but what's the point when he can beat him easily without it? Bruce's base suit and gear are fine in Gotham/street level settings but if he's going to continue being a member of the JL he'll need power suits on a more regular basis.

If you have X-box 360 and X-box One plus. Why would you ever use the X-box 360? And Batman switching suits is exactly that let me downgrade even though I have better equipment. If he has Justice League Batsuit that let him be in fight against Darkseid why he is going to not use it against Joker?

If you have X-box 360 and X-box One plus. Why would you ever use the X-box 360? And Batman switching suits is exactly that let me downgrade even though I have better equipment. If he has Justice League Batsuit that let him be in fight against Darkseid why he is going to not use it against Joker?
    I would say "insane maintenance costs, even for a Billionaire" and "lack of maneuverability" should be reason enough to handwave that problem. Also, it's a lot harder to search for clues, walk unseen, and interact with locks and computer interfaces when you're in a giant death robot. The suit is only useful in specific circumstances and could otherwise be a hindrance if your main goal is not just to crush everybody in your path.

Also, I would rather NOT be trapped in a large metal box that the Joker would disable easily, because you know he would...

Quote Originally Posted by Jared S View Post
    I would say "insane maintenance costs, even for a Billionaire" and "lack of maneuverability" should be reason enough to handwave that problem. Also, it's a lot harder to search for clues, walk unseen, and interact with locks and computer interfaces when you're in a giant death robot. The suit is only useful in specific circumstances and could otherwise be a hindrance if your main goal is not just to crush everybody in your path.

Also, I would rather NOT be trapped in a large metal box that the Joker would disable easily, because you know he would...
    I mean if we are talking about something like the "Thrasher Suit" then yes I get what you mean but literally we have Batwing with Camouflage tech,limited flight tech, in suit A.I, Injury detection and instacast for breaks, Semi bullet proof,etc. If there wasn't someone running around in tech suit who Batman handpicked then you would have a stronger point. There is already good enough tech in Batman world but I get your point

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

I agree. The next time Batman gets shot or stabbed in a street fight he's gonna wish he was wearing his Apacolips suit.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

I mean if we are talking about something like the "Thrasher Suit" then yes I get what you mean but literally we have Batwing with Camouflage tech,limited flight tech, in suit A.I, Injury detection and instacast for breaks, Semi bullet proof,etc. If there wasn't someone running around in tech suit who Batman handpicked then you would have a stronger point. There is already good enough tech in Batman world but I get your point
    Oh yeah, forgot about Batwing... I concede you have a point there. Pretty much the only excuse I could give at that point is that Batman doesn't fully trust the technology and prefers his usual fighting style.

Regarding the power armor.....I just see it as being needless most of the time. It doesn't compliment Bruce's strengths as a character, his skillset, or the primary themes he works within. It's painfully redundant I think.

A suit adds little the League doesn't already have. They have people who can fly, throw mountains, shrug off nukes, investigate their surroundings in atomic detail, etc. The only thing armor would do is allow Bruce to be in the middle of a fist fight, where they already half a dozen of the most powerful beings on the planet.

Batman's strengths aren't on the front line. They're in the shadows. What's wrong with Batman avoiding the big splashy fight (most of the time) to sneak around and disabling the enemy from the back line, or find the clue that helps the League find victory? I find very little interest in a Batman who just armors up like Tony Stark so he can also punch Despero in the face; especially when Clark, Diana, Arthur, J'onn, Vic, Barry, Hal, John, Kendra, and almost every other League member can already do that, is already doing that, will do it better than Bruce even with his armor, and many of them don't have the other skills that Bruce brings to the table.

It's fine once in a while, of course. Nothing wrong with mixing things up every now and then. But putting Bruce in armor on a regular basis just so he can be on the front line of a fight? How pedestrian and boring (no offense to those who like the idea!). Why would I want the world's greatest detective pretending he's the world's brood-iest Iron Man?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Batman's strengths aren't on the front line. They're in the shadows. What's wrong with Batman avoiding the big splashy fight (most of the time) to sneak around and disabling the enemy from the back line, or find the clue that helps the League find victory?
    I think most Justice League stories (from the comics) are like that. But those aren't the ones that are being made into movies. It's the Tower of Babels that are being made which makes the casual fan think that EVERY Justice League story is Batman saving the Justice League.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The entire Batgod concept has gone way, way, way too far.

At this point, Batman's the most powerful being in the multiverse. He can defeat anyone, at any time, and has already prepared perfect, unbeatable plans for anything that could ever possibly happen on any level ever. Hell, he has a plan, already set in motion, to defeat me personally if I somehow ever end up in charge at DC and decide to enforce an editorial edict saying that the Batgod stuff has to be toned down. He's *that* good. And anyone else reading this and thinking that they're tired of the Batgod too? He has plans for all of you as well.

I cannot help but literally laugh out loud whenever I see people talk about how Batman is "relatable" because he's "human." Just a regular old guy, right? Because who doesn't dodge Omega Beams, trip the Flash, and defeat the entire Justice League with little more than some smoke, some glue, and some bubblegum?

Batman is awesome. But the Batgod needs to die and never see the light of day again. Never ever ever.
    Wrap it up. Thread's over.

So he should use a suit capable of drawing blood from Darkseid on Joker? Wouldn't one punch from that suit kill Joker, which is clearly something Bruce wouldn't want to do. That's like saying you should use a machine gun to get rid of a Wasp that flew into your house just because you own one. Joker's not a physical threat to him why go overboard and use something OP like the Hellbat?

One other thing I always wanted to know is why does Bruce wearing power armor make him like Iron Man? Is he the only one who's allowed to wear power armor? Is Lex also copying him when he wears his Warsuit?

Regarding the power armor.....I just see it as being needless most of the time. It doesn't compliment Bruce's strengths as a character, his skillset, or the primary themes he works within. It's painfully redundant I think.

A suit adds little the League doesn't already have. They have people who can fly, throw mountains, shrug off nukes, investigate their surroundings in atomic detail, etc. The only thing armor would do is allow Bruce to be in the middle of a fist fight, where they already half a dozen of the most powerful beings on the planet.

Batman's strengths aren't on the front line. They're in the shadows. What's wrong with Batman avoiding the big splashy fight (most of the time) to sneak around and disabling the enemy from the back line, or find the clue that helps the League find victory? I find very little interest in a Batman who just armors up like Tony Stark so he can also punch Despero in the face; especially when Clark, Diana, Arthur, J'onn, Vic, Barry, Hal, John, Kendra, and almost every other League member can already do that, is already doing that, will do it better than Bruce even with his armor, and many of them don't have the other skills that Bruce brings to the table.

It's fine once in a while, of course. Nothing wrong with mixing things up every now and then. But putting Bruce in armor on a regular basis just so he can be on the front line of a fight? How pedestrian and boring (no offense to those who like the idea!). Why would I want the world's greatest detective pretending he's the world's brood-iest Iron Man?
    I am afraid you are making the case for the armor than against it "They have people who can fly, throw mountains, shrug off nukes, investigate their surroundings in atomic detail" and "The only thing armor would do is allow Bruce to be in the middle of a fist fight". Yup that exactly what armor does.It allows Batman to run around area with Kryptonians,Reverse flashes,Doomsdays, and not die when a near God like being hits him. The suit is not about Batman beating up Despero. It is about this

It is about someone who can throw a mountain and way faster than Batman hitting Batman and not having ask why normal man getting hit is not dead because not every case Batman can sneak around and he gets into fights and you have wonder why doesn't a have million broken bones or isn't out right dead. In the justice league and certain team up scenarios these things come up.

Also I am not talking about Iron Man man like suit. I am talking about a Black Panther,Batman Beyond or Batwing like suit which what I like call "low" high tech. Primarily with some Kinetic absorption tech so you have explanation for Batman surviving things. Everything about Batman would be the same except his suit would have a emergency kinetic absorber that use up primary power source in the suit or some clever downside. That is how I would approach it Batman suit that little more resistant to small arms fire but large caliber weapons,rockets,acids ,etc could do damage and the previous mention Kinetic absorber that has a downside and can't be used often.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    So he should use a suit capable of drawing blood from Darkseid on Joker? Wouldn't one punch from that suit kill Joker, which is clearly something Bruce wouldn't want to do. That's like saying you should use a machine gun to get rid of a Wasp that flew into your house just because you own one. Joker's not a physical threat to him why go overboard and use something OP like the Hellbat?

One other thing I always wanted to know is why does Bruce wearing power armor make him like Iron Man? Is he the only one who's allowed to wear power armor? Is Lex also copying him when he wears his Warsuit?
    So you are making two assumptions

1.The Bat suit doesn't have enough fine tune control avoid killing a person aka Superman does kill people even though he can hurt Darksied
    2. The Bat suit doesn't have non lethal weaponry

And what I am saying is that you always you clear up grade when they are no clear downside to it.

Iron Man is premier armored hero so everyone gets compared to him fair or not, In the same way every flying brick type gets compared to Superman.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-18-2018 at 01:42 AM.