Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ya it happened during Arkham War.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Did he say that about Batman comics or comics in general?
    He said that about stories in general, while writing his Batman run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    King plans for Bane to break Batman emotionally and traumatize him even further. After that I don't know what King will do. King is a strange writer, he loves the trauma motif so much that he neglects to have the characters overcome their trauma
    All the "overcoming" takes place OFFSCREEN in King's work, it appears. I think you could write a heck of a story with Dick, Jason, and Damian finding out Bruce put them in little tubies and left them with Superman for a few days. "You shot us with trank darts???!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    All the "overcoming" takes place OFFSCREEN in King's work, it appears. I think you could write a heck of a story with Dick, Jason, and Damian finding out Bruce put them in little tubies and left them with Superman for a few days. "You shot us with trank darts???!!!!"
    To be fair, Bane kinda left them unconscious at near death, and they needed a place that was safe they could heal. I don't think they would be particularly upset he put them in a tube to save their lives.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I don't think anyone will replace Bruce. Tom King seems to be interested in writing stories that test the character's ability to deal with mental and emotional stresses, and I think that's what he's doing here with Batman. Ultimately I think Batman's triumph will be in overcoming the emotional hurdles thrown his way.

Fantastic Member

So far the evidence has not pointed that way at all. Unless you read other books who show that but not in tom kings story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    To be fair, Bane kinda left them unconscious at near death, and they needed a place that was safe they could heal. I don't think they would be particularly upset he put them in a tube to save their lives.
    Being hung by the neck is kind of an all-or-none thing. Maybe Bane just "festooned" them up in the cave somehow and if they had nooses around their necks, the ropes weren't bearing any weight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The other problem people keep forgetting why it wouldn't make sense to lead into a replacement story is, who exactly would replace him? The story has been going out of its way to show him being separated from all of his allies and with them all going down different paths, and I do not see DC letting Batman be replaced at the start of a new relaunch.

According to King the rest of the series is:
    61-69 is the "Knightmares" arc which he says is "Scraping at the soul of Batman"
    70-74 is "The Fall And The Fallen"
    and 75 is the start of a special arc with a secret name that will directly lead into the road towards 100.
    King has also stated that he intends to use elements from Snyder's Metal in some point in his run.
    Who's to say the he doesn't plan to use The Batman Who Laughs as a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    King has also stated that he intends to use elements from Snyder's Metal in some point in his run.
    Ah really, that I didn't know about. Though honestly, considering how little of a connection this book has had to all the other Batman stories currently being told it would seem out of left field to suddenly have something like The Batman Who Laughs play a big part in King's story.

The most I could see it connecting to is maybe Doomsday Clock, since he already had both The Button and now Flashpoint Batman returning, plus all the weird "Batman & Catwoman split memories".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Batman Who Laughs isn't black.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Batman Who Laughs isn't black.
    Where exactly does that connects?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    He said that about stories in general, while writing his Batman run.
    Yeah, he was referring to ALL stories.

Check out his book Supergods for more, pretty good meta-analysis on story telling and aesthetics.

Supergods is a super interesting read.