Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I agree that it's easy to see why the creative team might not use them. The creative team is going the easy, cookie-cutter route and regurgitating the same characters from Greek myth that Diana has fought several times before with the exception of Hecate(she's only fought Diana twice to my knowledge).
    That's actually an interesting note since Hecate is a BIG part of her world, but in the background most of the time.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's actually an interesting note since Hecate is a BIG part of her world, but in the background most of the time.

I believe Hecate was only mentioned up until the Finchs' run in the New 52 where Hecate helped create Donna Troy. Then Hecate appeared again in the recent Wonder Woman/Justice League Dark event known as The Witching Hour.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

So, I started this thread on Twitter (I’m WonderScott over there too) in mid October to share the potential of Diana’s foes that people aren’t seeing, researching, or just plain ignoring, because they aren’t named Ares, Cheetah, or Circe. All of whom I like, but one cannot live on War, Cat, and Witch gods as adversaries alone.

I haven’t gotten back to it in a while, but I’m planning to today or tomorrow as I have some holiday downtime. It’s not meant to be an in-depth overview of the character, but some broad strokes of how I see them and the possibilities for them. (I’m saving some of the specifics for my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee I’m working on.)

Anyway, enjoy it if Twitter is your thing and let me know if they’re villains you’d like me to consider.

https://twitter.com/wonderscott/stat...781855744?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I believe Hecate was only mentioned up until the Finchs' run in the New 52 where Hecate helped create Donna Troy. Then Hecate appeared again in the recent Wonder Woman/Justice League Dark event known as The Witching Hour.
    Yeah the first mention of Hecate was in context with her empowering Circe in the old comics. She wasn't seen in person though. She'd get named dropped as the power behind X, Y, or Z but that was it.