Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Bunn has too many other projects at different publishers going to really get the sweet Marvel exclusive lovin'. I think they tried to get big names, but Lemire obviously wasn't running the ship and shouldn't have been called up, Soule only got 12 issues of non-Wolverine, and Gugg had TV shows to make and no hot ideas, so there's no telling why they went there. But the real big veterans like Spencer, Slott, and Aaron plus the new heat like Cates are all scooped up by other offices. Which begs the question, where's Duggan on X-Men?

its been a long time since I was dying to read the next issue of X-Men. This, in a nutshell, is the problem with Marvel in general. Outside of a few titles, Marvel is, and has been, in a creative slump. Marvel needs an overhaul from the top down, with the exception of a few writers, they have been hemorrhaging talent for the last few years. They can spin it however they want, but these abysmal sales/preorder numbers for what should be their biggest batch of titles

BANNED

Rosenberg is a rising star.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He certainly is just for getting Uncanny, but what's his God Country, Thanos Wins, American Vampire, or Vision? What's that book he's done that's kinda forced people, editors, and the market to pay attention to him? Is it Phoenix? I just think it's really weird that we've gone from event tie-in minis to "haha ask for a Secret Warriors hardcover so the Sales Department can laugh at you" to lead Uncanny writer within less than two years.

"I want to make good comics and not starve to death."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He certainly is just for getting Uncanny, but what's his God Country, Thanos Wins, American Vampire, or Vision? What's that book he's done that's kinda forced people, editors, and the market to pay attention to him? Is it Phoenix? I just think it's really weird that we've gone from event tie-in minis to "haha ask for a Secret Warriors hardcover so the Sales Department can laugh at you" to lead Uncanny writer within less than two years.

"I want to make good comics and not starve to death."
    We Can Never Go Home and 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It kinda does. It shows retailers don't have as much faith in the X-Men as before.
    Or that people prefer to buy off the shelf rather than pre-order (which is what causes books to return for 2nd printings). Not saying that happened here but always possible.

Anywho, numbers seem fine to me considering how the market has been the last few years.

Another thing (this is just me) but the marketing for this book has confused me. I thought disassembled was the prequel to the ACTUAL relaunch of uncanny xmen. Meaning I didn’t think that this was considered the uncanny relaunch. Guess I was mistaken.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    BC the superstars or rising stars are on other books
    Cates is on Venom and GoTG, Coates is in Black Panther and Captain America, Waid is on Doctor Strange, Aaron is on Thor and Avengers.

Maybe the bigger names are not interested in writing X-Men and they're right if that's the case.
    LOLOLOLOLOLsuperrisingstarwhatnow?LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think people that were only grudging to spend $12 a month on Blue, Red and Gold aren't excited about having to pay $25 for the characters from those books in November. That explains any drop off to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's more that he is being given all the projects, rather than fans wanting him on all the projects.

All the stars (and there aren't that many) besides Jason Aaron, are at DC or doing their own things.

I hope this Rob Liefeld thing is a huge story with obvious stakes, but we'll see. What's been announced for the next couple of months is pretty blah.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    It's more that he is being given all the projects, rather than fans wanting him on all the projects.

All the stars (and there aren't that many) besides Jason Aaron, are at DC or doing their own things.

I hope this Rob Liefeld thing is a huge story with obvious stakes, but we'll see. What's been announced for the next couple of months is pretty blah.
    I agree with the first statement. i havent read anything by him i thought was good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with the first statement. i havent read anything by him i thought was good.
    To be fair, I thought the ending of Astonishing was nice, but I'd mostly rather someone else got Uncanny *cough Kelly Thompson cough*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    To be fair, I thought the ending of Astonishing was nice, but I'd mostly rather someone else got Uncanny *cough Kelly Thompson cough*
    Not any better tbh

BANNED

Better by a good mile.

Uncanny X Tier List
    S+: Spencer, Hickman (lol)
    A: Duggan, Ewing, Lasagna (Brisson's Cat)
    B: Thompson, Brisson, Claremont
    Z: Anything Liefeld

BANNED

Hey now the Liefeld thing might turn out to be dumb, but there's a solid chance for originality, which we can't say for anything else X-related.

Top to bottom in X-World is all rotten member berries.

"'Member when Jean Grey wore head gear?"

"'Member when Wolverine couldn't 'member?

"'Member Age of Apocalypse?"