Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Dont forget doing crap like this probably dosent help
    Attachment 74820

I swear to God it better not be time traveling Phoenix power cosmic guntlent Logan that dose this.
    I just saw this. i dont understand who comes up with this mess and think it is a good idea. let alone stan Lee just recently passed. like leave his creations' otigins alone and just create new and interesting stories with these characters that dont look to destroy the things that fans fell in love with so many years ago.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    There's a seed of truth in this, albeit a controversial one.

This was the target audience for decades and the bulk of Marvel's base. Marvel wanted to broaden their audience, which is understandable, but the efforts can and do alienate that target audience, at times. Laura is a prime example. It's the reason she can't and won't replace Wolverine. Same power set, male readers can't relate to a teen girl, though.
    I can only speak for myself, but I'm a male reader and not only is X-23 my most favorite X-Men character to date, I was actually hoping she'd have stayed Wolverine for the long term. Besides, I don't think you need to be able to "relate" to every single character to like them and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that would be fine if you didnt see xmen be moved from all marvel merchandise, games, etc. marvel stopped pushing xcharacters because they didnt have the full rights to them. there has been too many things leaked from their internal offices that support them actively trying to lessen the xmen impact. this of course recently has changed with the imminent merger to be finalized in the new year.
    Sounds like the way business works.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I'm a male reader and not only is X-23 my most favorite X-Men character to date, I was actually hoping she'd have stayed Wolverine for the long term. Besides, I don't think you need to be able to "relate" to every single character to like them and whatnot.

Sounds like the way business works.
    I never said it wasn't the way business work. However it's still true they attempted to destroy the franchise.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

The biggest problem the X-line has for me at the moment is that their are far too many books which is spreading the fanbase too think. Also making sense of a particular series timings a mess right now and makes reading more than a select few a bit of a chore for some.

The sheer amount of solo's also probably makes it easier for people to drop a team book and pull their favourite character's series. Using myself for an example, Gambit doesn't really get a fair shake outside of Mr & Mrs X so that's the only book on my pull list...everything else I can wait for in trade.

Their needs to be a serious culling for the line to regain focus and quality. Pool the right mix of popular characters to make them essential reading.

Get the list down to 5 team books (no solo's/ mini's). 2 X-Men Teams, X-Factor, X-Force and a New Mutants/Gen X style book.

If the Franchise is successful then look at perhaps giving one or two characters maximum a mini/solo
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I guess Slott is writing it? No need to worry about the Phoenix-Wolverine then, Aaron is the one writing that plot and I doubt it will make it to other titles. At least I hope not!
    Slott probably is writing it, yeah - but there's also been an ASM teaser about Spider-Man No More, meaning we can expect Spencer to be involved as well. Looks like an Original Sin style event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just saw this. i dont understand who comes up with this mess and think it is a good idea. let alone stan Lee just recently passed. like leave his creations' otigins alone and just create new and interesting stories with these characters that dont look to destroy the things that fans fell in love with so many years ago.
    We don't even know what the idea is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "marvel history will be destroyed"

Astonishing Member

Retcon everything so wolverine is the cause of everything in move that could best be described as taping a bunch of comics to a Logan action figure

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Retcon everything so wolverine is the cause of everything in move that could best be described as taping a bunch of comics to a Logan action figure
    lol this works too

"marvel history will be destroyed"
    That's not a premise of a story. That's not the premise of Secret Wars, a story where that literally happened. That's hype talk.

That's not a premise of a story. That's not the premise of Secret Wars, a story where that literally happened. That's hype talk.
    perhaps you are right but when you have behind the hype questions that suggests their will be some changes to certain origin curtains that seems to go beyond just hype.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I don't think the sales have much to do with incels not seeing enough white alphas or whatever.

What X-Men needs is a big-name writer promising an ostensibly large story.
    This. I think the shift to lesser-known writers at Marvel which started towards the end of Alonso's tenure is apparent, dramatic and worrisome. Writers have now a lot more incentive to work on their own creations which they can then sell as tv shows and movies rather than bothering with the Big 2, but it seems to me Marvel is putting a lot less effort (=budget) than in the past on hiring established creatives, choosing to focus on up and coming (=cheaper, not necessarily bad, mind you) writers and moving artists around after a handful of issues, de facto de-emphasizing their importance in the success of a series.

So whereas in the past we had Morrison, Whedon, Brubaker, Fraction, Bendis etc. we are now getting newcomers who, as talented as they may be, can't possibly generate the same level of excitement and sales the household names of the past did, and get then quickly replaced in the millionth attempt at a relaunch. Until a certain mentality shifts and we move away from short-term sales gains and variant covers, and we focus solely on long-term quality storytelling (like in every other creative industry, I might add), I really don't see things improving by much.

BANNED

Both Snyder and King were newcomers when they began their Batman runs.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Both Snyder and King were newcomers when they began their Batman runs.
    Wouldn't you consider them "superstar" writers now though? I think DC has been very successful in raising their profile in a way that Marvel has not done for, say, Cullen Bunn or any of the writers currently working on the X-Men books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Wouldn't you consider them "superstar" writers now though? I think DC has been very successful in raising their profile in a way that Marvel has not done for, say, Cullen Bunn or any of the writers currently working on the X-Men books.
    BC the superstars or rising stars are on other books
    Cates is on Venom and GoTG, Coates is in Black Panther and Captain America, Waid is on Doctor Strange, Aaron is on Thor and Avengers.

Maybe the bigger names are not interested in writing X-Men and they're right if that's the case.