Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Re-launch fatigue is the new Crossover fatigue.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Keiron Gillen feels like the last X-writer who actually cared. Everyone else looks at the X-franchise as something they have to put up with until they can get back to doing the things they like.
    I think Bendis cared at first, but it quickly became apparent that he had no long game. And everything fizzled out there towards the end, though he still had some good stories.

In terms of high-quality start-to-finish X-writers, Gillen was the last one.

As for the current Uncanny, I can't tell you how underwhelmed I am. Just mediocre work, it is.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

As for the current Uncanny, I can't tell you how underwhelmed I am. Just mediocre work, it is.
    Coming from you that says a lot. You always seem to find something to celebrate in all books.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is too well documented, do you have a reason to act like all of a sudden you just happen to know everyone was wrong about what went down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Destroy it" may be a bit dramatic. But Marvel definetely tried to bring down the X-Men to promote only characters they had the movie rights of.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the evidence is there beloved. none of these organizations get anything out of stating what was pretty obvious i think to most people.
    I have yet to hear a compelling argument that Marvel wanted to torch the franchise and run that wasn't based on confirmation bias and blind fan speculation about things they never had the full picture of. But hey, free country. You want to believe all that, your call.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

It's not a matter of "belief". Lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    It's not a matter of "belief". Lol
    It is because someone used the word destroy that WebLurker feels justified acting like we all don't know what went down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    ... Anywho, numbers seem fine to me considering how the market has been the last few years. ...
    Right?! Talk about:

... with all this contrived handwringing.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is because someone used the word destroy that WebLurker feels justified acting like we all don't know what went down.
    Yeah, I think you're mistaken about what went down. You disagree. Fair enough.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I have yet to hear a compelling argument that Marvel wanted to torch the franchise and run that wasn't based on confirmation bias and blind fan speculation about things they never had the full picture of. But hey, free country. You want to believe all that, your call.
    I didn't "speculate" or "wanted to believe" that Marvel banned X-Men and F4 from other media. That idea literally makes no sense. Despite my Wiccan nickname and DP I don't have the power to change reality to make it so one thing either happened or not lol. The only "call" to make here is your denial.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 12-15-2018 at 12:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post

What X-Men needs is a big-name writer promising an ostensibly large story.
    You need a writer who can write and who understands good storytelling. Not just splash pages. That only works if you have a hot, hot,hot artist on it. I took a look at the previews for UXM #1 and was not impressed. I promised myself that if it did not improve I'd drop it. And I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I didn't "speculate" or "wanted to believe" that Marvel banned X-Men and F4 from other media. That idea literally makes no sense. Despite my Wiccan nickname and DP I don't have the power to change reality to make it so one thing either happened or not lol. The only "call" to make here is your denial.
    I remember an old Star Trek quote about how sometimes a nice lie is easier to believe then the truth. We fans, of all people, seem to be the most likely to fall into that trap. Make of that what you will.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)