Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Guess the X-Men don't have as much pull as they used to on the printed page.
    X-Men is fortunate to still ring in strong sales ever since getting dismissed by Marvel. No other series would have survived like X-men has. The X-MEN are lucky Marvel never succeeded in killing them off to replace them with Inhumans. I don't think Marvel itself is a heavy hitter anymore. Writing quality comics is not a top priority anymore. I usually start reading some then I loose interest. Gold was a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    X-Men is fortunate to still ring in strong sales ever since getting dismissed by Marvel. No other series would have survived like X-men has. The X-MEN are lucky Marvel never succeeded in killing them off to replace them with Inhumans.
    The timeline lining up so that people see incompetence and mistake it for a ridiculous conspiracy is still the best ongoing meme of the franchise after actual years.

Not surprised Uncanny X-men topped the charts. It's still as powerful a brand as ever and it bodes well for the future of the X-books. I think that once Cyclops and Wolverine enter the picture again in 2019, that'll give it a boost as well. I also think it'll help set up the other relaunches we're sure to get soon. With X-men Red ending and a bunch of other series wrapping up, it sounds like we're in for a major overhaul in 2019 and just in time for the Disney/Fox merger. Coincidence? I think not.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I know but... why is the flagship X-Men title being ordered under Venom and Fantastic Four on just its second issue?
    Venom surpasses most X-Titles, in both storytelling and art. It's not really surprising. Critics love it, readers find out the book is as good or better than they say, it's predictable that it does this well. It's not only the fact that the X-Books are not that good, it's the fact that stuff like Venom, Hulk, Black Panther and Doctor Strange are on a particularly interesting phase.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hate to hear the title is not doing as well as it should either. its unfortunate especially when many fans if the characters have raved about the book.
    Well this forum has always been in the minority for opinions. lol Many people here love it. But on the outside, many X-fans may have been bored with the idea of ROMY and wanted something different before they got shoved back together. Then there's possible fans of one of the individual characters who don't like what the pairing does to their favorite of the two.

I'm indifferent to it really. I think it'll be running for a good minute. It could end chapter 12 like Exiles & GenX. But it could get reach Weapon X or X-Men Blue # of issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Laura is a prime example. It's the reason she can't and won't replace Wolverine. Same power set, male readers can't relate to a teen girl, though.
    Frankly Marvel didn't even TRY. They undermined her right off the bat by bringing in Old Man Logan and putting him on the Flagship book, giving him THREE team books after IvX, and giving him the main Wolverine role in all of the events. It was that lack of effort that turned her into the case of tokenism fanboys accuse her of being.

And I'm a guy, and there certainly are things about Laura I can relate to (IE her introversion).

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Venom surpasses most X-Titles, in both storytelling and art. It's not really surprising. Critics love it, readers find out the book is as good or better than they say, it's predictable that it does this well. It's not only the fact that the X-Books are not that good, it's the fact that stuff like Venom, Hulk, Black Panther and Doctor Strange are on a particularly interesting phase.
    Venom's film has also surpassed any X-film, including Deadpool, in the global box office. I think it's fair to say that without a Claremont at the wheel, the X-Men concept doesn't translate as well to a wider audience as a sillier, more simple, action/comdey-based concept like Venom.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I've seen nothing to indicate that Panic wasn't his senior and can't see a lot of the boneheaded moves from the past 12 months being on Ketchum post-firing. Like, it's Panic. This has happened like three times before with him. I expect it to be him the fourth time, too.
    https://comicbook.com/2016/12/04/exc...ns-resurrxion/
    https://ew.com/article/2016/12/09/ma...mark-paniccia/

Paniccia was his senior but it's pretty obvious that Ketchum was the one who came up with, in his own words, “We’re going to get back to flights, and tights, and capes, and all the classic X-Men tropes."

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Or straight white males don't feel properly represented
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Venom's film has also surpassed any X-film, including Deadpool, in the global box office. I think it's fair to say that without a Claremont at the wheel, the X-Men concept doesn't translate as well to a wider audience as a sillier, more simple, action/comdey-based concept like Venom.
    Main issue here is that Venom does everything the X-Men should be known for, but aren't currently. The concept of Venom is inherently weak for me, but Cates and Stegman have been doing an exemplary job with it. Cates added layers to Venom's background, with the added bonus of blowing Bendis' retcons into hell, expanding on the character's mythology, with some really good character work for Eddie (the issues with Flash, his dad, Miles and the ending of "Rex" are fantastic) and great action indeed. I'm not even advertising the book or anything, I didn't even like Venom at all. It's just that the book hits all the right beats a good comic book should and the fact that the X-Men, out of all brands, can't come close to it is a crying shame.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well this forum has always been in the minority for opinions. lol Many people here love it. But on the outside, many X-fans may have been bored with the idea of ROMY and wanted something different before they got shoved back together. Then there's possible fans of one of the individual characters who don't like what the pairing does to their favorite of the two.

I'm indifferent to it really. I think it'll be running for a good minute. It could end chapter 12 like Exiles & GenX. But it could get reach Weapon X or X-Men Blue # of issues.
    hmmm this is a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    my sentiments exactly lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Dont forget doing crap like this probably dosent help
    IMG_20181211_111709.jpg

I swear to God it better not be time traveling Phoenix power cosmic guntlent Logan that dose this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Not surprised Uncanny X-men topped the charts. It's still as powerful a brand as ever and it bodes well for the future of the X-books. I think that once Cyclops and Wolverine enter the picture again in 2019, that'll give it a boost as well. I also think it'll help set up the other relaunches we're sure to get soon. With X-men Red ending and a bunch of other series wrapping up, it sounds like we're in for a major overhaul in 2019 and just in time for the Disney/Fox merger. Coincidence? I think not.
    The brand, and a buttload of variant covers.

It's already clear that Uncanny #11 will also see a sizable bump in sales; it's the first issue for the new solo writer, it's over-sized and has 10 covers ready and waiting as of now. I guess Cyclops returning does not hurt either.
    Last edited by myownlittleusername; 12-11-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    IMG_20181211_111709.jpg

I swear to God it better not be time traveling Phoenix power cosmic guntlent Logan that dose this.
    Has anyone ever told you that you'd be great at horror stories? You somehow managed to create the worst thing imaginable to me.

If that ends up being it the I am done with Marvel comics. Not even joking.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post

I guess Slott is writing it? No need to worry about the Phoenix-Wolverine then, Aaron is the one writing that plot and I doubt it will make it to other titles. At least I hope not!