Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I doubt the Federalist is a credible source of information. Besides, having a "Bat embargo" of sorts on a specific franchise in certain media does not equal trying to kill it off. Was Marvel hoping to make the Inhumans their next superstar and scaling back X-Men stuff to get the resources and spotlight for it? Probably. Were they trying to destroy the X-Men to do that? No.

Seconded.

Maybe it's easier to believe that then the truth?
    i guess forbes isn't a credible source either?

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Laura has more or less had somewhat of a family for give or take four years and now there's a kid sister. At some point she's going to pick up some relaxed language and behaviors.

Why people waste time pretending this didn't happen is beyond me.

Is it unchecked brand devotion or something?
    i'm thinking it's a combo of both the things you mentioned. but it makes absolutely zero sense to deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    To be fair, you need to have a very high iq to understand Marc gugenheim... Yeah I'm doing that, still, he isn't chuck austen but guggs writing was nothing special...
    lolol.. you are a funny cookie.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's literally lots of evidence of it and you're just chosing to ignore it because you don't think it makes sense? LOL.
    Sorry, I don't have a high opinion of conspiracy theories. I also know that consumers' perspective of corporate business decisions is usually uninformed, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i guess forbes isn't a credible source either?
    Can't say one way or the other. However, ulta-right wing/left wing sources raise alarm bells for me. (Also the Federalist article in question was an opinion piece, not hard news. I've seen to many "X happened; see how right I was about such and such theories" that were build on nothing then the speaker's own biases.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Or comic books are a dying medium--
    The American comics industry is as big and profitable as it ever was, but the superhero stranglehold is broken. It's not dying at all, modern audiences just have interests beyond cape books. For the niche they occupy though, sooper 'eros are still huge.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Why people waste time pretending this didn't happen is beyond me.

Is it unchecked brand devotion or something?
    I think the "deniers" might be talking purely about the comics themselves.

Is there a big difference in the quality and quantity of X-comics between now and a few years back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Is there a big difference in the quality and quantity of X-comics between now and a few years back?
    Unquestionably. Were you reading during the Inhumans/No More Mutants 2 forced plot?

Unquestionably. Were you reading during the Inhumans/No More Mutants 2 forced plot?
    The issues with the line post-Secret Wars came from editorial, not corporate conspiracies. Quantity certainly didn't diminish. Money is money.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

Keiron Gillen feels like the last X-writer who actually cared. Everyone else looks at the X-franchise as something they have to put up with until they can get back to doing the things they like.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The issues with the line post-Secret Wars came from editorial, not corporate conspiracies. Quantity certainly didn't diminish. Money is money.
    That simply isn't true and people in various creative/sales pursuits were hindered by not being allowed the X-Men. It's not really debatable.

The difference you are seeing is that characters people will pay to watch movies about can't support the comic book volume that X-Men can. That's not the case for the F4, hence the F4 going away even in comic book form. Instead of doing away with the X-Men the same way, we got the Inhuman promotion. They literally couldn't afford to just not do X-Men comics.

Sometimes corporations do anti-consumer things. It's ok to acknowledge that. It doesn't make you less of a fan (or whatever the goal is here).

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Keiron Gillen feels like the last X-writer who actually cared. Everyone else looks at the X-franchise as something they have to put up with until they can get back to doing the things they like.
    I believe Tom Taylor and Kelly Thompson care. Bunn cared ALOT, but he was never allowed to write what he really wanted.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-12-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Yeah, he would've been content to continue writing a Magneto solo like before Secret Wars. He's outright said he didn't want the O5.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sorry, I don't have a high opinion of conspiracy theories. I also know that consumers' perspective of corporate business decisions is usually uninformed, at best.
    It's not a conspiracy that for years X-Men didn't show up at any games and a bunch of other media/merchandise that included all other Marvel franchises but them and F4. It literally happened and you could see it yourself if you were following Marvel at that point, even now it's easy to go look for it and see for yourself lol.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's not a conspiracy that for years X-Men didn't show up at any games and a bunch of other media/merchandise that included all other Marvel franchises but them and F4. It literally happened and you could see it yourself if you were following Marvel at that point, even now it's easy to go look for it and see for yourself lol.
    Honestly...
    New Marvel vs. Capcom game devoid of FF and X-Men characters.
    No X-Men or FF characters in the Disney cartoons (basically removed after their initial appearances)
    No X-Men or FF characters in the LEGO games.
    Only re-runs of the old animation of X-Men and FF.

Confirmation bias, IMHO. Downplaying a franchise does not equal trying to destroy it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Confirmation bias, IMHO. Downplaying a franchise does not equal trying to destroy it.
    This is too well documented, do you have a reason to act like all of a sudden you just happen to know everyone was wrong about what went down?

"Destroy it" may be a bit dramatic. But Marvel definetely tried to bring down the X-Men to promote only characters they had the movie rights of.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Can't say one way or the other. However, ulta-right wing/left wing sources raise alarm bells for me. (Also the Federalist article in question was an opinion piece, not hard news. I've seen to many "X happened; see how right I was about such and such theories" that were build on nothing then the speaker's own biases.)
    the evidence is there beloved. none of these organizations get anything out of stating what was pretty obvious i think to most people.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!