Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Comic book sales for November

Here is Comichron's chart:
    http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssa...8/2018-11.html

The first issue of Uncanny X-Men sold 176,125 copies to lead the chart, but the second issue dropped to 62,320 and the third issue dropped to 58,282.
    Avengers #10 beat Justice League. Avengers, two issues of Justice League, and two issues of Fantastic Four all beat the second and third issues of Uncanny X-Men.

Infinity Wars doesn't sell well for an event, nor is Heroes in Crisis.

Firefly #1 outsold all Star Wars books.

Cosmic Ghost Rider outsold Punisher. They should keep this incarnation of Frank Castle around.

Domino is cancelled at issue #10, but it is outselling continuing series Moon Girl, Wasp, Squirrel Girl, and Ms. Marvel. It will probably sell better than the next Captain Marvel series coming in January.

I'm really happy with Fantastic Four's sales!

Disappointed with X-Men's, but I'm not a fan of the current Uncanny book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Domino is cancelled at issue #10, but it is outselling continuing series Moon Girl, Wasp, Squirrel Girl, and Ms. Marvel. It will probably sell better than the next Captain Marvel series coming in January.
    How many times do we have to say it - direct market isn't the only factor. Those other books all do better in digital or trade... though Wasp was only 45th on that week's Comixology Bestseller List, which means Nadia needs strong trade sales to survive (since that's the reason she got her book back in the first place, hopefully that will happen).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This was retweeted by Dom's editor.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...98130261680128

Mighty Member

Really happy for Fantastic four but... Dan Slott need to up his game, the last issue was very mediocre.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I know direct market sales are far from everything, but it does sting to see a Go-Bots one-shot doing better than Runaways on any metric.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This was retweeted by Dom's editor.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...98130261680128
    Hmm, that silhouette on the right could be Domino. I guess the solicits next week will provide answers. With that logo already revealed, I won't be surprised if an interview or solicit shows up tonight.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I know direct market sales are far from everything, but it does sting to see a Go-Bots one-shot doing better than Runaways on any metric.
    The Go-Bots is an ongoing, I'd be surprised if the rest of the issues break 5,000 though. If it helps lessen the pain, just know there were 157 other books that did better than Runaways as well

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm, that silhouette on the right could be Domino. I guess the solicits next week will provide answers. With that logo already revealed, I won't be surprised if an interview or solicit shows up tonight.
    Do people ever tease Marvel stuff that doesn't have the Marvel logo somewhere on it?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm really happy with Fantastic Four's sales!

Disappointed with X-Men's, but I'm not a fan of the current Uncanny book.
    congrats boo!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The Go-Bots is an ongoing, I'd be surprised if the rest of the issues break 5,000 though. If it helps lessen the pain, just know there were 157 other books that did better than Runaways as well
    I am surprised as hell they'd even attempt an ongoing. If it's anything like IDW's Hasbro Revolution comics the local shops won't even be able to give them away.

But yeah, the direct market numbers on Runaways have never been particularly high. Collections, and digital sales must be pretty solid. Anecdotally most of the shops in my area can't seem to order enough TPBs.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Avengers #10 beat Justice League.
    Think that was a given with it having the #700 tag & all that goes with it.

Infinity Wars doesn't sell well for an event, nor is Heroes in Crisis.
    IW seems a bit disjointed in it's construction but not having read Marvel cosmic for quite some time I can't comment on the quality of it. HiC's problem I think is that Tom King seems to be a polarizing writer. Despite the critical acclaim I've almost always found a love him/loathe him attitude when talking to people about his books.

Healthy trades sales are keeping those titles alive. I can only think there must be some clauses in the creative contracts that require continuing the monthly books instead of going the OGN route with the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Healthy trades sales are keeping those titles alive. I can only think there must be some clauses in the creative contracts that require continuing the monthly books instead of going the OGN route with the characters.
    Here's the clause: OGNs are laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    IW seems a bit disjointed in it's construction but not having read Marvel cosmic for quite some time I can't comment on the quality of it. HiC's problem I think is that Tom King seems to be a polarizing writer. Despite the critical acclaim I've almost always found a love him/loathe him attitude when talking to people about his books.
    Could also be the fact he pissed off the Titans fanbase by killing several characters, including two of the founders!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I am surprised as hell they'd even attempt an ongoing. If it's anything like IDW's Hasbro Revolution comics the local shops won't even be able to give them away.
    That Gobots book SOLD out everywhere in my city. Most IDW books end up leaving very few unsold books at most stores here. Ducktales, My Little Pony & TMNT (even at a $7.99 price) do well.

FYI this is books SOLD to a store not how many a person bought.

Domino is cancelled at issue #10, but it is outselling continuing series Moon Girl, Wasp, Squirrel Girl, and Ms. Marvel.
    While we don't have all the numbers-we can look at Amazon trade sales. FYI they do change at times.

Domino Vol. 1: Killer Instinct
    #2443 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Runaways by Rainbow Rowell Vol. 1: Find Your Way Home
    #47 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Comics & Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #265 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Runaways by Rainbow Rowell & Kris Anka Vol. 2
    #221 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Ms. Marvel Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland
    #642 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 9: Squirrels Fall Like Dominoes
    #368 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol. 5
    #606 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

America Chavez vol 1
    #374 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

And a reminder-
    Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal
    #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics, Manga & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
    #1 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Mystery
    #5 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics, Manga & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #14 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Mystery
    #40 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #63 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

On Kindle it's Carol, Spider-Gwen, Jane Foster and Ms Marvel (multiple times) in the top 50 with Miles, Cho Hulk, Deadpool & Black Panther. Every single one of them BEATING Batman (who has one). 4 out 50 books are DC. Riri Williams is #80
    This is why those books exist.
    Because is some form they are beating the CRAP out of DC and other books.