Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ah, well the answer to that is the gorilla would die instantly thanks to the cube-square-law. So its strength would be zero.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Ah, well the answer to that is the gorilla would die instantly thanks to the cube-square-law. So its strength would be zero.
    .......ur dumb
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The outcome of this fight is obvious, but how many adult male silverback gorillas would be needed to equal 1 MCU Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's not a gorilla the size of Jupiter, it's a gorilla that's has it's stats (strength, speed, durability, intelligence) multiplied by whatever number of gorilla's would equal Jupiter in mass.

As you can imagine, that's a lot of gorillas.

I would say his best are the jeep murder incident, and the bit with the helicopter in civil war where he's managing to hold it back some through how he's hooked his arms around stuff. He's also got various dry and sundry like kicking people and sending them flying, that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I would say his best are the jeep murder incident, and the bit with the helicopter in civil war where he's managing to hold it back some through how he's hooked his arms around stuff. He's also got various dry and sundry like kicking people and sending them flying, that kind of thing.
    I remember the helicopter one, but helicopters can apparently lift 44000 pounds of cargo, so that's a pretty ridiculous feat if it's legit.

And I think he threw a bike once?

He threw a bike such that it wiped out a jeep, referenced earlier in the thread.

Also kicked a hummer a dozen feet. Like it skidded
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

When was that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    When was that one?
    24 seconds in is the timestamp.
    https://youtu.be/p11OwNhRu08

I got some details wrong. Less than a dozen feet and it was a truck. But still it impacts a dude hard enough to finish them and send them flying.
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    24 seconds in is the timestamp.
    https://youtu.be/p11OwNhRu08

I got some details wrong. Less than a dozen feet and it was a truck. But still it impacts a dude hard enough to finish them and send them flying.
    Yeah, that one is ridiculous as well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Also he's got slick Martial Arts training hasn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Cap or the Gorilla?
    This is not the one with the mind of Bruce Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, that one is ridiculous as well.
    Yup. He's also got a number of other harder to quantify stuff, like tearing apart Ultron bots. Overpowering a super magnet + a half dozen grown men pushing his limbs.

No slouch with durability either. Guy fell 15 feet off a roof onto his head/neck and was ok moments later. Took a Chitauri energy staff blast to the gut. Took 2 blasts from Ultron to the chest.
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He's also got a number of other harder to quantify stuff, like tearing apart Ultron bots.
    To be fair, Hawkeye tears apart Ultron bots.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    To be fair, Hawkeye tears apart Ultron bots.
    With his fists?
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    I remember the helicopter one, but helicopters can apparently lift 44000 pounds of cargo, so that's a pretty ridiculous feat if it's legit.

And I think he threw a bike once?
    not that particular helicopter no, Nerdist identified it as an Airbus AS350, which ONLY gives it about 3000 lbs of lift

that said the way Cap pulls it down is basically a bicep curl, which means he's curling over 3,000 lbs

in case you're wondering the current real world record for bicep curling is 249.12 lbs

the real question though is how many Brock Lesnars would it take to beat Cap(no I'm not being serious an old joke animal vs topic is a Gorilla vs 10 Brock Lesnars)

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    This is not the one with the mind of Bruce Lee.
    Careful Watcher you'll get Sharpe's blood pressure up
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-18-2018 at 09:50 PM.