Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Classic Rogue vs MCU Avengers

Classic mid tier brick Rogue takes on the MCU. I saw a previous thread from 2014 where the consensus was that she beats the MCU team. Can she still do it after the Infinity War boosts some of the MCU characters have had?

Fights take place in NYC.

MCU team: Thor, Iron Man, War Machine, Falcon, Hulkbuster Banner, Spidey, Drax, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, and Captain America.

Mighty Member

Classic Rogue's pretty fast. If she can zip across the field fast enough to smooch Thor, the fight's over before it begins. It's how she almost singlehandedly defeated the comic Avengers in her very first comic appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Classic Rogue's pretty fast. If she can zip across the field fast enough to smooch Thor, the fight's over before it begins. It's how she almost singlehandedly defeated the comic Avengers in her very first comic appearance.
    I honestly dind't know she could take non-Mutant powers, especially not god powers.

Interesting. Never read her origin though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

How fast is she? Because TK, lightning, repulsors and missiles is a decent opener lol.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I honestly dind't know she could take non-Mutant powers, especially not god powers.

Interesting. Never read her origin though
    I can think of an issue of UXM from way back in the 80s (before the Fall of the Mutants) where Rogue absorbed Juggs’ strength (and it almost overloaded her) so she’s been absorbing non-mutants for a loooooong-ass time.

Her first appearance had her absorb Carol Danvers, that's how she got her classic powerset, and then absorbing a bunch of the Avengers besides.

Rogue's always absorbed powers in general, not mutant powers.

She also absorbed comicbook Thor in Contest of Champions...II I think?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    How fast is she? Because TK, lightning, repulsors and missiles is a decent opener lol.
    I seem to recall bullet time reflexes/Mach travel speed methinks.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    She travels at mach speeds. It's conceivable that she's kissing Thor before the others even think to attack. But she doesn't even have to do that. The Avengers attack while she flies away and now it's a game of cat and mouse in NYC, with a mouse that flies at mach speeds along the ground with ease and can ambush them at her leisure.

Rogue possesses the powers of Ms. Marvel in addition to her power absorption powers. Her strength, speed, and durability are significant. Let's put it this way, this is a lady who has taken full on punches from the likes of Juggernaut and Binary (in the second case, Binary was extremely pissed when she punched Rogue) and Rogue zipped back into the fight both times none the worse for wear.

You also have to factor in Ms. Marvel's precog ability, which allows Rogue to avoid attacks she can't even see yet while flying.

The only people here who are capable of even hurting her are Thor, Scarlet Witch, and Banner, but only if he can convince Hulk to come out and play. Thor's really the only one who can defeat Rogue, but all it takes is one touch to take him out. He'd have a hard enough time hitting Rogue in an arena. In a city setting that provides tons of cover for a woman with Ms. Marvel's powers trained by Charles Xavier? I'd wager I have better odds shooting the wings off a gnat than Thor has of hitting Rogue in NYC.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Tony might not be able to react fast enough to shoot Rogue the second the fight begins but Friday rides shotgun in his suit. With her processing speed she just might be able to target Rogue and hit with enough firepower to at least disorient her long enough for others to take advantage. A laser flash to the eyes to temporarily blind her, for example, could leave her vulnerable for the few moments the heavy hitters need.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I can think of an issue of UXM from way back in the 80s (before the Fall of the Mutants) where Rogue absorbed Juggs’ strength (and it almost overloaded her) so she’s been absorbing non-mutants for a loooooong-ass time.
    Re being overloaded, I can't remember whether it was the extent of Juggernaut's power that was the issue, or whether she touched him for too long and she was being overwhelmed by memories of Cain's traumatic childhood and hateful personality.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Rogue possesses the powers of Ms. Marvel in addition to her power absorption powers. Her strength, speed, and durability are significant. Let's put it this way, this is a lady who has taken full on punches from the likes of Juggernaut and Binary (in the second case, Binary was extremely pissed when she punched Rogue) and Rogue zipped back into the fight both times none the worse for wear.
    It is definitely a thing that Classic Rogue eats damage better than she dishes it out, and she dishes it out plenty good. For reference, the punch from Binary sent her so high you could see the curve of the Earth and the sky was black. The hit from Juggernaut was a backhanded slap that sent her rocketing through castle walls to land a couple of miles away.

She did, indeed, get up from both of those and come flying straight back to the flight. They hurt, and left her stunned so that she couldn't slow herself down with her flight, but they sure were not breaking her up.

Rogue is plenty strong as well, strong enough to military press close to 50 tons whilst carrying on a conversation (ie, easily). She punches Juggernaut as hard as she can and the shockwave from her hitting him flips over cars for a block or something. I had a comic where she flicks coins at the helicarrier hard enough to bust through its armor and mess up its systems. She hurls the Blob a couple of miles in one of the various fights with the Brotherhood. That kind of thing.

I'm none-too-sanguine on the chances of the group, here. Is it possible they can beat her? I feel yes, it's possible. But they have to do it before she touches even ONE of their heavy hitters, and she has durability and mobility coming out the Yin-Yang.

Once she touches Thor or the Hulk, they go down and she gets a power boost (she can probably take it to them anyway, but a boost is a boost).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Her first appearance had her absorb Carol Danvers,
    Duh, im a dummy lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, the only real thing here is if Thor can seriously put on the pain. He can definitely dish enough damage to eventually hurt her, he's a better fighter then she is, he has auto-targetting lightning and AoE's, and an axe that can DEFINITELY kill her.

But, as stated above, all she has to do is touch him once. Then it's game over, as current MCU Thor can definitely solo the rest of the current Avengers.

He might get her a time or two, but she's winning everything else.

The only other doubt is if Tony can rig up some kind of esoteric that she can deal with using his Nanomachines, son. If he can hold her in place, or bind her up, it opens Thor to go for the kill shot with impunity.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan