Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    an axe that can DEFINITELY kill her.
    Technically the axe is almost completely featless. It was noted by the people who made the movie that the reason it went right through the Infinity Gauntlet's beam was because Eitri built them both and included a design flaw in the gauntlet, not because it could actually overpower it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Technically the axe is almost completely featless. It was noted by the people who made the movie that the reason it went right through the Infinity Gauntlet's beam was because Eitri built them both and included a design flaw in the gauntlet, not because it could actually overpower it.
    Do you have a source?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Do you have a source?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=31hGnh7elAU

If you don't accept that then there's the fact that Thanos explicitly avoids killing the people fighting him because it would clash with ideology, resulting in everyone surviving his attacks. All it would take is for him to underestimate Thor and Stormbreaker could overpower his beam without being more powerful than the gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=31hGnh7elAU

If you don't accept that then there's the fact that Thanos explicitly avoids killing the people fighting him because it would clash with ideology, resulting in everyone surviving his attacks. All it would take is for him to underestimate Thor and Stormbreaker could overpower his beam without being more powerful than the gauntlet.
    I cant watch the vid just yet, but my own Rumbles perspective has always been more along the lines of your second point. It always felt like a split second reflexive blast more than a full scale attack indicative of the IG's full potential.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Rogue's absorbing powers have a limit, as another posted stated when she tried to absorb Jugg's power it overloaded her, I would expect much the same result from trying to syphon off power from Thor or Hulk. Also, MCU Iron Man and Thor can move as mach speeds as well (not to mention Hulk's jumping speed seems to be mach speed as well), plus Rogue can't absorb Iron Man's armor, she'd have to rip through it to get to Tony to drain him, a feat much easier said than done.

I also don't really see what Rogue can do against Scarlet Witch's reality warping *even on its more limited MCU scale* as Rogue doesn't really have a defense against, save speed blitzing SW, but that would require Rogue to focus on her first, while simultaneously avoiding the combined attacks of the rest of the MCU avengers, I don't see her pulling that off.

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    Rogue's absorbing powers have a limit, as another posted stated when she tried to absorb Jugg's power it overloaded her, I would expect much the same result from trying to syphon off power from Thor or Hulk. Also, MCU Iron Man and Thor can move as mach speeds as well (not to mention Hulk's jumping speed seems to be mach speed as well), plus Rogue can't absorb Iron Man's armor, she'd have to rip through it to get to Tony to drain him, a feat much easier said than done.

I also don't really see what Rogue can do against Scarlet Witch's reality warping *even on its more limited MCU scale* as Rogue doesn't really have a defense against, save speed blitzing SW, but that would require Rogue to focus on her first, while simultaneously avoiding the combined attacks of the rest of the MCU avengers, I don't see her pulling that off.
    Thor and Hulk are MUCH weaker than their 616 counterparts.

Tony and Thor have very good travel speed but not close to Rogues reaction speed.

When has SW warped reality in MCU? Seems like typical TK and TP
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thor and Hulk are MUCH weaker than their 616 counterparts.

Tony and Thor have very good travel speed but not close to Rogues reaction speed.

When has SW warped reality in MCU? Seems like typical TK and TP
    I don't disagree about what you said overall, but that still begs the question, what can Rogue due against TK/TP? Nothing really. Hulk n Thor being weaker than their 616 versions doesn't change the fact that they are still insanely strong, and IMO would still overload Rogue.

I don't disagree about what you said overall, but that still begs the question, what can Rogue due against TK/TP? Nothing really. Hulk n Thor being weaker than their 616 versions doesn't change the fact that they are still insanely strong, and IMO would still overload Rogue.
    Depends on what the toughest thing she has successfully absorbed is.

TK etc can be pretty well avoided with a blitz, or as someone else suggested, a quick retreat followed by dive-bombing
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Rogue's defense against Scarlet Witch is being way too fast to target, and able to throw anything/anyone that gets within arm's reach of her through Wanda's skull faster than the not-mutanat can react. Furthermore, I'm pretty certain that Rogue has absolutely the powers of people comparable to MCU Hulk and Thor, like 616 Colossus and Storm, but she really only needs a little touch to give her a boost to go from "comfortable lead" to "inevitable victory."

Also, I'm not sure why she would need to absorb Tony instead of trying to break his neck or something, since engineering skill isn't really going to be too much use here.

Mighty Member

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Rogue absorbed the power of 616 comic Thor in her very first appearance when she and Mystique almost destroyed the Avengers by themselves.

MCU Thor and Hulk are no problem for her to absorb.

Classic Rogue is a legit bullet timer who flies at insane speeds and has amazing flying agility feats, including navigating streets and alleyways of New York to lose pursuit. The only one I recall who ever caught her in full on flight was Monica Rambeau in her light form. She actually can punch Wanda's head off on her way to becoming lost in New York City faster than the MCU Avengers can even think to attack.

Rogue is a very clever fighter, has full knowledge of the 616 Avengers, and she's been trained by Charles Xavier. She's going to focus on taking out the one person she fears the most, Scarlet Witch, and fly away to avoid having to fight an uneven fight. After that, she'll wait for a chance to absorb Thor, at which point, she'll be unstoppable.

Spectacular Member

Not much to add here since it's pretty much Rogue taking the majority here but just an aside to telepathy, Rogue has always shown a strong resistance to telepathy due to the Carol persona in her mind which has also on occasion served as a backup driver in the event that Rogue gets knocked out.

Mighty Member

Have to give this to Rogue. There are five that can actually hurt Rogue if she stood there and took it (Wanda, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Vision, maybe Hawkeye if he has outright tank-killing arrowheads on him); and of those she has the speed/power to splatter Wanda before she can react, has insane mobility and functional combat precognition which if used in conjunction with her 'I touch you and drop you & add your power to mine' thing means both Thor and the Hulk are liabilities.

So it comes down to her swatting the street-levelers, playing hit and run against the android, and finding a chance to break open Stark's shell or shaking the squishy center to bits.

After doing lazy google search So these kinda answer the question