Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What results are you wanting at the end of Doomsday Clock

Do you have a wish list of things you want to happen as a result of Doomsday Clock?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Do you have a wish list of things you want to happen as a result of Doomsday Clock?
    I want some reason that Saturn Girl was dumped into this story. Why would it be necessary to use this series to bring back the Legion at all? The JSA, I understand. Erased history, no JSA in the nu52, but Legion existed there.

But I do admit the covers with the All-Star Comics issue and the Legion ring in space are sweet.

Astonishing Member

Do the writers even know what the end results of Doomsday Clock are going to be? Based on the story, I can't figure out what their endgame is. We know(or at least it seems)that things are building up towards Superman VS Dr.Manhattan but what comes after that?

Allegedly the endgame was to bring the JSA back into continuity but is that even going to happen? Or is this going to be the catalyst for another psuedo-reboot or something else entirely?

Astonishing Member

I'd love to see superman knock Manhattan right back home and batman take down ozymandias like a boss

But I can't see a very satisfying ending for me anywhere in sight, I'm not keen on tinkering shown by Manhattan at all

Although some characters might return I miss

Extraordinary Member

That a teen Kal-El was a member of the Legion, and Saturn Girl's time in the present is her assisting Superman during this particular crisis (no pun intended).

BANNED

I too wonder the fate of the Legion of Superheroes in this tale, but what I wish for is for Flash fans to be given a break and given a happy ending from all of this mess.

By the end, I would like to see:
    1. Dr Manhattan's time manipulations undone, such that the JSA existed after all in Earth history.
    2. An explanation for WHY Johnny Thunder remembers the JSA when nobody else does.
    3. An explanation for why Dr.M saved Jor-El.
    4. The ten "lost" years restored, re-inserting the New Teen Titans history into the timeline, and restoring Wally/Roy back to life, Dick Grayson back his memory, and Donna no longer an alcoholic.
    5. A jump start for a new Legion book (which doesn't really require any timeline fixing)
    6. A confrontation between Dr.M and Supes (verbal or otherwise) that has actual ramifications for the DCU. (Otherwise this will have been the longest 12 issue wait for the resolution to a conversation in the history of comics, lol).

OG JSA. 10 char

Astonishing Member

I'm actually pretty wide open, not trying to speculate or guess at how Doomsday Clock will end. There's a lot of neat concepts being explored and neat characters who I'd like to see interact. I'd like to see Luthor interact more with Ozymandias, and at some point I'd like to see The Question interact with Rorschach, Nite-Owl and Silk Spectre turn up and maybe interact with Ted Kord and Eve Eden. I'd like to see Captain Atom play an actual role rather than Firestorm of all people, and see some sort of interesting reconciliation between the Prime Charlton heroes and their Earth-Watchmen pastiches.

But the only thing I really want to see is Superman punch Manhattan in the face, and Manhattan not know what to do or think about it.

That and Lois Lane toppling the Superman Theory.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    and at some point I'd like to see The Question interact with Rorschach, .

I really want to know if Watchmen still exists as a comic book in the DC Universe.

The return of the JSA! Tired of them being held hostage by this book....assuming they will return.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

What would you like to see happen at the end of Doomsday Clock 12?

Howabout : Lex and Blake vs. Veidt OR Final martial arts fight with Batsy.

Dr Manhattan shifts reality so that the Rhorsach diary goes in the trash instead of being read and published and NONE of the events of this series ever happened. *OR* DR M. shifts things so that Veidt is the one he kills in the snow in Place of Rhorsach *OR* replaces falling Eddie Blake with Veidt. Or he could just return Veidt back to his earth, now obliterated by nuclear war, so he can be "the smartest man on the face of the cinder". Rhorsach transferred to DCU?

What would I like to see?

1. The NTT reinstated, and their mission of helping young heroes and metas brought back. With Dick as a leader.
    2. JSA.
    3. At least one of the Kents. Jon deserves a grandparent that isn't nutso or has it out for Superman.
    4. Jon Kent being 10 again.
    5. More fun and less grimdark/angsty stories in general.
    6. Cass and Steph's time as Batgirl (legion of Batgirls can be a thing!)
    7. Bring back Wally and Roy!
    8. Fix Donna. Take a look at what Titans did and go with that. Not an alcoholic, a defined past, and a positive personality.

Realistically? A good story.

As for anything else? I want the reboot gone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    What would I like to see?

1. The NTT reinstated, and their mission of helping young heroes and metas brought back. With Dick as a leader.
    2. JSA.
    3. At least one of the Kents. Jon deserves a grandparent that isn't nutso or has it out for Superman.
    4. Jon Kent being 10 again.
    5. More fun and less grimdark/angsty stories in general.
    6. Cass and Steph's time as Batgirl (legion of Batgirls can be a thing!)
    7. Bring back Wally and Roy!
    8. Fix Donna. Take a look at what Titans did and go with that. Not an alcoholic, a defined past, and a positive personality.
    I would be happy with any one of these. And preferably all of them.