Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Another one...

NOT! It's actually a Bleeding Cool mockup.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ng-ridiculous/

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh wow, an event. I'm so happy.

Marvel history has been destroyed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Not that I wan to get into a Marvel V DC thing, because I don't, but, at least the DC reboots are clear signposts for continuity. It's not perfect but it's easier to reconcile the different characterizations and changes to history.

I have no problem with that.

The problem I have is with Marvel and it's fans that continue to act like the Marvel Universe is this solid continuous single continuity which is just BS. I've been reading comics since the 70's. Marvel has had just as many if not more retcons to it's history, as DC has. It just doesn't put a fancy bow on it. None of these characters have the same history that they used to.

One of their huge selling points is just hypocritical mumbo jumbo.

If all they want to do is rewrite old stories, just reboot the damn thing and get it over with.

Not a huge fanboy wrath thing. Just kinda bugs me.
    You are arguing against your own notions here. Nobody said any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I'm not into reboots, so if that's what marvel is planning, it may turn of a ton of readers. I also don't like retcons.
    So presumably you haven’t actually enjoyed comics for over fifty years?

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    talked to a person in the know about this and i dont want to spoil anything before the intial press release but this is for a huge tribute book/limited series special event planned for stan lee

war of realms starts in april and several of the main marvel book are having dedicated tie ins to the event hell ive seen art already for some of the big books tying in like avengers thor hulk, etc
    I have no idea if this is BS but I was wondering if this was a Stan Lee tribute of some kind. It would make sense and his name would answer the questions being posed.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Another one...

NOT! It's actually a Bleeding Cool mockup.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ng-ridiculous/

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd!
    The funniest part of this poster was ''Cow Fucker''.

I honestly think that if Marvel put out a poster that said “Everyone’s favourite stories referenced in a touching and meaningful manner by writers that care about this stuff as much as you do” everyone would immediately jump to the conclusion that Mephisto was screwing with Peter, that the X-Men were being marginalised, that Marvel were copying DC and that everything that we held dear about comics was about to be trampled on by an evil Disney executive in a suit (looking at you Feige).

PS - and that Janet was being written out of Avengers continuity (Affectionate nod to Captain M )
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 12-11-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    These are landmark events in Marvel Comics: The F4 kicked off the Age of Marvels, the Dark Phoenix Saga was the go-to X-Men story for decades, Spider-Man No More has the iconic scene with the suit in the trash can, and Captain America being frozen and found in the modern world led to the Avengers as we know them.

Now what do all these things have in common? Kang.

Fantastic Four: Kang is descended from Reed Richards by either Valeria or Franklin.
    Avengers: Kang is arguably the most recognized villain not named Ultron.
    X-Men: Kang has a direct role in the backstory of Apocalypse.
    Spider-Man: Kang once impersonated Spider-Man to, guess what, kill the Avengers.

At least that's how I would have written this.
    Hey these are all important parts of their past, and a time traveler like Kang being involved.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I honestly think that if Marvel put out a poster that said “Everyone’s favourite stories referenced in a touching and meaningful manner by writers that care about this stuff as much as you do” everyone would immediately jump to the conclusion that Mephisto was screwing with Peter, that the X-Men were being marginalised, that Marvel were copying DC and that everything that we held dear about comics was about to be trampled on by an evil Disney executive in a suit (looking at you Feige).

PS - and that Janet was being written out of Avengers continuity (Affectionate nod to Captain M )
    If I saw that, my first reaction would be

"No chance, that's not what marvel do, must be April fools"

Sort of

They might be saying it to just get a reaction, but using the word destroyed when talking about mythos history is not intended to generate a positive response

by design it's there to stir the pot

What it actually is remains to be seen

I've long felt marvels marketing left something to be desired as opposed to the actual product
    Last edited by kilderkin; 12-11-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Speaking of "What If?", I suspect a return of Uatu to the MU is impending.
    I was going to post Uatu's involvement and then I read your post. I agree, who is the repository of Marvel history? Big Old Baldie. Turns out he's been violating his oh-so-sacred oath of noninterference all the time. He steered the FF's ship into the precise position for the precise dose of cosmic rays.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Forgive me if someone else has said it, but the "WHO" is referring to one person - WolPheoverinix! Logan's going to Forrest Gump himself all through MCU history just to stick his d!ck in everything.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Maybe it's the Weird Happenings Organization.

More seriously, I don't read much into the Who part of it beyond that it's a single individual, most likely. Although the extent to which this story will retcon things or not remains to be seen.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Living Tribunal is the "Who." Mystery solved, let's keep hammering Marvel creators to bring us a real event, if there has to be an event at all.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Sounds like march is going to be one massive marvel skip month for me.

I hope it's not a retcon event because the last one with Cap didn't really work out.
    Then again, we got to remember they are selling to stores and not directly to us.