Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Phoenix sounds more probable than mephisto.
    Yeah I'm thinking Phoenix is more likely than Mephisto at this point but that's only a speculative guess on my part.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Possible but Universe Breaking and History Changing retcons are his specialty
    I thought stealing marriages, pissing off readers, and giving Linkara something to review for his 200th episode was his specialty.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking Phoenix is more likely than Mephisto at this point but that's only a speculative guess on my part.
    ditto but apparently mephisto has been responsible for some retcons as of late so it sounds like he could be involved too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ditto but apparently mephisto has been responsible for some retcons as of late so it sounds like he could be involved too.
    It could well be Mephisto. I have nothing ''concrete'' so-to-speak that would rule him out at this point, especially since I've cut back on my comics in the last few years so I've probably missed something that Mephisto has done.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I thought stealing marriages, pissing off readers, and giving Linkara something to review for his 200th episode was his specialty.
    He dabbles in all of the above
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Remember when they were pushing the idea that Sentry was something Stan Lee had created, abandoned, and forgotten only to be found recently? And then the whole thing just turned out to be a marketing ploy for a new character? Sounds like this may be something like that.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

C'mon, Marvel...Stan is barely cold in his grave and you're already monkeying with his legacy?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

If all of these retcons are their way to honour Stan Lee's whole contributions, it is not the best way to do it with these things.

That's three posters now, I wonder how many posters we'll actually get on this?
    There's got to be at least an X-Men one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    C'mon, Marvel...Stan is barely cold in his grave and you're already monkeying with his legacy?

Surprised it took them as long as it has to be honest
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    If all of these retcons are their way to honour Stan Lee's whole contributions, it is not the best way to do it with these things.
    Honestly...with some of the people in the current Marvel office I wouldn't be surprised if they are intentionally trying to do everything but honor him.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I agree with this.

In fairness outside of the posters we haven't even had a preview of this so it's a little bit early to be saying things like ''badly executed'' or ''poorly written'' at this point.
    Marvel usually has 4 or 5 of these when they string them along, I think.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree with this.
    In fairness outside of the posters we haven't even had a preview of this so it's a little bit early to be saying things like ''badly executed'' or ''poorly written'' at this point.
    Because every single one of their cash-grab events over the past few years to now have been absolute masterpieces.
    Optimism is admirable...but only up to a point.

You seem to admit to "Pretty to look at" "Ultimately meaningless" and "Over-priced" though.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-11-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

this would be the best time to do it. not that I trust them to do it well.

There are now TWO posters with double "THE"s. Either extremely sloppy editing work, or something deeper? Could later posters be coming out replacing the logos with other logos?