Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    In that case, it would literally obliterate the Marvel Universe. Assuming time travel is not creating divergent universes, it would mean Franklin would be weaker since his mutant powers were enhanced by the cosmic radiation of both parents. He made the Marvel Universes with Molecule Man, so universal meltdown is a real possibility.
    I actually think Franklin wouldn't have powers at all (if he even exists without the FF having powers).
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hammond was the original Human Torch; Johnny Storm is the current (and best known) Human Torch. It (unfortunately) makes perfect sense if they're only concentrating on the "Human Torch" part of it.
    Toro though, is mentioned as well. He was only Jim's sidekick, never Johnny's. That description is definitely incorrect.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    In that case, it would literally obliterate the Marvel Universe. Assuming time travel is not creating divergent universes, it would mean Franklin would be weaker since his mutant powers were enhanced by the cosmic radiation of both parents. He made the Marvel Universes with Molecule Man, so universal meltdown is a real possibility.
    I'm sure when all is said and done, Franklin will still be a mutant and his parents still got their powers from cosmic radiation while flying an experimental space ship.

The question is, 'if they were somehow prevented from getting those powers in the way they did, who would be able to put things back the way they were?'
    Because, as far as we know, Franklin's history has not changed. Which means that their origin must remain intact.

Doesn't mean that their ship wasn't tampered with to make it susceptible to the cosmic rays...
    Or that they weren't originally flying past the radiation, and someone 'nudged' the ship for it to veer off into the rays...
    Or that there wasn't a cosmic battle going on that they weren't aware of, and they flew into a stray shot that missed its target and damaged their ship...

All three of these ideas don't invalidate anything that's been printed since FF #1.
    They just embellish the background with details that were 'undocumented'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Toro though, is mentioned as well. He was only Jim's sidekick, never Johnny's. That description is definitely incorrect.
    You may want to look a bit closer...
    Breaking it up to help...

Writer Chip Zdarsky will team up with penciler Carlos Magno to bring the new story of the Invaders to life in INVADERS #1 in January 2019! Artist Butch Guice will create the cover; Mico Suayan and Alex Ross will provide variant covers.

Marvel's first super team made its first appearance in AVENGERS #71 back in 1969. The WWII-era team consisted of Captain America, Bucky Barnes, the Human Torch (plus his sidekick Toro), and Namor. (Team backstory. The past.)

The powerful foursome will reunite this winter -- with Bucky as the Winter Soldier and Namor as their enemy. INVADERS #1 will see Cap, Bucky, and Johnny Storm facing Namor down as the Sub-Mariner tries to unleash a new deadly threat. (Setup for the new series. The present.)

It looks like a Geoff Johns approach, where the modern team is based on the namesakes of the originals (such as with his Teen Tutans and JSA series).
    Thus, the reason for Johnny Storm to sub for Hammond.

Could this be immortalising Stan Lee by making him a comic book character that did all these things ?

They're going to reveal that Beast was actually killed off early on and replaced by a mutated ape, cat and gorilla all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    They're going to reveal that Beast was actually killed off early on and replaced by a mutated ape, cat and gorilla all along.
    Would this make Beast the original Puppymonkeybaby?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Pretty clear this is only happening to tie clumsily into Avengers Endgame and all its time travel exploits...

Wait... WHO might be changing history...?

...?
    I'm not sure whether to hate you, or bow at your feet for this. Nicely done.

Always nice to see Bleeding Cool not only continuing to give Jude Terror work, but letting him produce multiple fake news articles and harass creators more. The holiday spirit.

Niffleheim

Where are they going with this? Kang comes to my mind (and Kylo Ren "kill the past" lol) he is the only one that I think of who would revise history. I hope it"s not an unknown villain or hero behind this.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Man some of the posters in this thread makes me wonder if they actually read modern comics or if they just come in to take potshots.

Haven't we been down this road before? Huge promises how nothing will be the same ever again, everything you knew was wrong, etc.? Based on how things have gone down in the past, they'll tell their shocking story and then things will go back to normal again.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Man some of the posters in this thread makes me wonder if they actually read modern comics or if they just come in to take potshots.
    With blood and rage of crimson red
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead...

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Haven't we been down this road before? Huge promises how nothing will be the same ever again, everything you knew was wrong, etc.? Based on how things have gone down in the past, they'll tell their shocking story and then things will go back to normal again.
    In Marvel's defense, Civil War (OMD by extension) and House of M did have lasting consequences still felt to this day.

Ha, usually when you see events like this, it’s someone putting there fan fiction into canon.

“All the avengers were sitting round one day when suddenly a brand new character who was cooler and more powerful than all of them including the hulk walked in and all the women wanted to do sex with them”

But hopefully it’s not that, I reckon it’s just them cleaning up the marvel u a bit, making it a bit more mcu friendly so new fans don’t feel alienated

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm not sure whether to hate you, or bow at your feet for this. Nicely done.
    Heh, well if nothing else it’s made me tempted to take those tag lines and write lots of crossovers where the various Doctors get caught up in Marvel’s history...