Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'll be keeping an eye out for more updates on this so I'll remain on the fence for the most part until we get more information, however I am a bit sceptical that ''History will be destroyed'' beyond the arc. At least for now.
    I bet Hulk is next.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wait...hold on a sec...
    Phoenix Wolverine is real and in canon? Oh sweet baby CTHULHU have mercy!
    I see why they have to mess with the past stories and rehashing Event plots...all their "original" ideas are complete and utter shytt.

Mighty Member

Where is Kobik currently?

We know she's already infamous for destroying history with her Captain Hydra retcon.

I wonder who's going to write this. Or it may be the current writers on their respective titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What about a certain Jim Hammond? He'll be back in the limelight thanks to Invaders. First thing I thought of with that flame is Human Torch.
    Maybe. It could even be Johnny for all we know. The February FF solicit did say that there will be a "strange new development" in his life.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-11-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Someone said it before me in an X-Men thread and I've been terrified ever since.
    Fingers crossed that is not it. Best we can do is not support it. There will be other events that hopefully won't involve origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wait...hold on a sec...
    I see why they have to mess with the past stories and rehashing Event plots...all their "original" ideas are complete and utter shytt.
    That is what happens when you hire people based on popular current events instead of qualified people who have a genuine interest in the field as well has a history of writing.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would she be affected? She meets Hank, he gives her powers by genetic engineering. That origin has no issues. FF, Hulk, and Spider-Man, though, all involve radiation, which we now know would cause cancer, not superpowers. If they're changing FF's origin, I can understand why.
    Well I figured this is a line-wide event that will affect every major character and team... including Avengers. Perfect time to alter how the team was founded.

Her being very prominent lately does make me hopeful and I don't think this has high chances to happen. I'm just saying if they wanted to diminish Janet's role... this is the perfect event for it, or at least seems like it. Let's hope not. :/

They're posters. Relax.

Maybe it's a time travel thing.

Or the Sentry trying to make himself important again.

Ok. I'm going to be positive and hope this is some kind of tribute to Stan Lee.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They're posters. Relax.
    Oh, I know. Comic fans are the most hysterical bunch of babies, so easily set off.

These are just teasers. Who knows what the actual stories behind them will entail.

But here's a crazy thought - what if it's something that turns out to be, I don't know, FUN?

Seriously, though. Why would Marvel come out with this now, as Doomsday Clock is having effects on DC's history? I would hope someone at marvel would have said, "You know, the Distinguished Competition is in the middle of something like this right now. Do we want to be seen as copying them?"

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's about time for Marvel history to be destroyed again. It's been what, Seven months since the last time? That's about right.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wait...hold on a sec...
    Hearing about things second hand makes them easy to judge. Old Man Phoenix is a concept that lends itself to skepticism but has actually been pretty cool in the actual books.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    That is what happens when you hire people based on popular current events instead of qualified people who have a genuine interest in the field as well has a history of writing.
    I feel that writers who advance enough to in their chosen field to actually get to write professionally are in fact "qualified people."

And they also surely have a "genuine interest" in the field that matches or exceeds that of any disgruntled fan.

Mighty Member

It's not like the universe was just warped out of shape in a current event based on Infinity War.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Original Sin 2: More lame Retcons
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    No one wanted this
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The word "Who" is on fire and if this turns out to be Phoenix Wolverine or something then I'm officially done.
    LOL! I can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    They're posters. Relax.
    Come on. You know Marvel doesn't want us to relax about these posters. They want a REACTION!!!!! ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?