Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just noticed that it's Paul Scheer. Surprised that they are advertising it so heavily. They won't let him alter continuity. He made a cameo in Nick Spencer's Ant-Man book; dating Darla Deering.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-15-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yup, looks like more crap level pseudo-retcons on the way that will prove ultimately meaningless. I sincerely hope I'm wrong here.
    I doubt it. This is written by a comedian and I think it's pretty clear that this is some comedy book. I don't think there's gonna be an actual retcon in the Marvel Universe.

Astonishing Member

So, this is going to be like "Original Sin all over again? We simply discover hidden stories behind the stories we have known for years? Not really interested. I would have interest if several parts of Marvel's events will be changed and "adapted" to a more "logical" way. In Spider-Man's case, these are the changes I would make in history:

+ Spider-Island becomes the point in history where most of the other Spider-Characters appear: The Slingers, Miles Morales, Anya Corazon, Mattie Franklin, Jessica Drew... Etc.
    + Superior Spider-Man happens, but since the first time, we have it with Otto in a clone body of Spider-Man, not the real Spider-Man himself.
    + Spider-Verse and the war against the Inheritors happens during the first Civil War, leaving Spider-Man outside of the main events and the disaster who made him made a deal with Mephisto.
    + Spider-Island ends up giving both Mary Jane AND Aunt May stable spider-powers, making them step away from the classic "Damsel in Distress" role.
    + Parker Industries is created because of Ezekiel leaving his fortune to Peter, and not because of Otto Octavious machinations. Mary Jane becomes her second in command of the enterprise.
    + Ezekiel's attemp to sacrifice Peter ends up making him lose his powers, not his life. In the end, he becomes Peter's "Alfred", and he regains his powers because of the Spider-Island.
    + "Sins of the past" COULD happen, but with Osborn creating the twins in a laboratory after stealing samples of Peter and Gwen's DNA. Not with the sick history on an affair.
    + Considering the popularity of Spider-Gwen, now I believe Gwen could have survived her death (and maybe his dad too) and become infected by the Spider-Island too. Giving us a Spider-Gwen in Earth-616.

Well, what do you think of these changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Deonicles View Post
    I doubt it. This is written by a comedian and I think it's pretty clear that this is some comedy book. I don't think there's gonna be an actual retcon in the Marvel Universe.
    I do hope you're right but fear you might be wrong.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So, this is going to be like "Original Sin all over again? We simply discover hidden stories behind the stories we have known for years? Not really interested. I would have interest if several parts of Marvel's events will be changed and "adapted" to a more "logical" way. In Spider-Man's case, these are the changes I would make in history:

+ Spider-Island becomes the point in history where most of the other Spider-Characters appear: The Slingers, Miles Morales, Anya Corazon, Mattie Franklin, Jessica Drew... Etc.
    Spider-Island actually WAS where Anya got her current powers, something which was faithfully adapted in the cartoon (which simply skipped her time as Arana). Miles would logically show up at around the same time (his debut was around that time over in Ultimate), but his origin is fine as it is (GM spider bite partly thanks to his uncle).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You do know this is clearly just going to be a riff on the "Punisher Kills, Deadpool Kills, Squirrel Girl Beats Up, etc." series right? We're gonna see Cosmic Ghost Rider go throughout time and mess/insert himself into the histories of all the biggest Marvel characters. Deadpool himself has already done this several times even. And hey, it sounds like a really funny idea for a story.

Those first initials teasers did make it sound like it was gonna be part of some larger event, but now its clear they were just hyping up another Cosmic Ghost Rider story, because he has become surprisingly popular and successful, so why not just go completely bonkers. So don't worry, nothing is going to be ruined, if you don't care about CGR, you can easily just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Just noticed that it's Paul Scheer. Surprised that they are advertising it so heavily. They won't let him alter continuity. He made a cameo in Nick Spencer's Ant-Man book; dating Darla Deering.
    I remember when I was really hyped to hear Scheer play Mysterio on Ultimate Spider-Man and how disappointed I was that we never really got to see him actually play Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    You do know this is clearly just going to be a riff on the "Punisher Kills, Deadpool Kills, Squirrel Girl Beats Up, etc." series right? We're gonna see Cosmic Ghost Rider go throughout time and mess/insert himself into the histories of all the biggest Marvel characters. Deadpool himself has already done this several times even. And hey, it sounds like a really funny idea for a story.

Those first initials teasers did make it sound like it was gonna be part of some larger event, but now its clear they were just hyping up another Cosmic Ghost Rider story, because he has become surprisingly popular and successful, so why not just go completely bonkers. So don't worry, nothing is going to be ruined, if you don't care about CGR, you can easily just ignore it.
    don’t ruin the panic, we fans love a good panic
    troo fan or death

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

You want people to NOT get all worked up about a story they know nothing about? Oh no no no good sir, we don’t do that here

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    + Spider-Verse and the war against the Inheritors happens during the first Civil War, leaving Spider-Man outside of the main events and the disaster who made him made a deal with Mephisto.
    + Spider-Island ends up giving both Mary Jane AND Aunt May stable spider-powers, making them step away from the classic "Damsel in Distress" role.
    Out of your scenarios I thought these two were either the best or the ones I was most interested in. The only real change I'd make from the two scenarios is that I wouldn't give Aunt May stable Spider-Powers, though I am interested in the scenario where MJ gets them.