Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Sounds like they're basically doing Zero Hour (funnily enough just like I think DC is doing as well in 2019). The Universe is destroyed. Its put back together, the day is saved, but its actually just mostly intact, there's key differences here and there.
    Sounds exactly like ‘House of M’ as well.

This will be trash. All company-wide gimmick events like this always end up trash. I thought Marvel made a vow a couple years ago to lay off the events for a while. Such an empty promise. They’re doing more now than ever before.

iMan 42s

An event comic has tie-ins though otherwise it's just a mini-series.

If this is an event comic it's some continuity altering but otherwise this is just retcons that got a media push.

I still think its weird that as bad as Spider-man retcons and plots can get that this is in favor of just altering something that was fine.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

If I had to make a guess, this looks like it'll be a series of one shot issues retconning a specific moment from each character's lives, but in such a way that doesn't completely effect what's going on in the present, but instead just re-contextualizes the past. And the whole "Marvel Universe Destroyed" will most likely be a carry over from whatever goes on in Infinity Wars. I'm interested to see what exactly they're going to do with it, and I'm glad at least it will seemingly be separate enough that it can be ignored if you want.

On the plus side, at least with something like tweaking "Spider-Man No More" is more interesting than trying to redo or re-contextualize his origin AGAIN.

Thumbs up

After reading the issue teasers it looks like more crap level retcons to me. Damn, I had my hopes up for a Marvel wide reboot, oh well....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And the whole "Marvel Universe Destroyed" will most likely be a carry over from whatever goes on in Infinity Wars.
    It's Marvel HISTORY Destroyed, not Universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's Marvel HISTORY Destroyed, not Universe.
    Same difference, I would imagine the History being destroyed/rewritten would still be effecting the Universe in some way.

Am I the only one feeling that the end result of this whole "Marvel history is destroyed" event/anthology/whatever is going to be underwhelming? Hype for stories along these lines almost always proves to be hyperbole (like how Secret Wars 2015 was going end the Marvel Universe and re-shape it forever and yet here we are with things basically the same as they ever where).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Am I the only one feeling that the end result of this whole "Marvel history is destroyed" event/anthology/whatever is going to be underwhelming? Hype for stories along these lines almost always proves to be hyperbole (like how Secret Wars 2015 was going end the Marvel Universe and re-shape it forever and yet here we are with things basically the same as they ever where).
    I would be shocked if it WASN’T underwhelming. This is more desperate crap to pump up sales numbers for another month, with Marvel continuing to ignore the destructive long term effect of these endless events.

What was the last Marvel-wide event that was good or even okay? I know there’s been one or two the last decade, but their batting average is overall terrible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I would be shocked if it WASN’T underwhelming. This is more desperate crap to pump up sales numbers for another month, with Marvel continuing to ignore the destructive long term effect of these endless events.

What was the last Marvel-wide event that was good or even okay? I know there’s been one or two the last decade, but their batting average is overall terrible.
    I thought 2015's Secret Wars was great.

Can they please not
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Amazing Member

There was an event this year called Infinity Wars, so the event next year will probably be Endgames.

BANNED

The culprit!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

All of this discussion ended up being about the Cosmic Ghost Rider?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The culprit!

I had zero expectations for this, and I am completely underwhelmed and unimpressed.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The culprit!

Yup, looks like more crap level pseudo-retcons on the way that will prove ultimately meaningless. I sincerely hope I'm wrong here.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."