Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default If you could change ONE thing back to Pre-COIE days, what would it be

If you could change ONE thing that's in the current DC universe back to what it was in Pre- Crisis on Infinite Earths, what would it be?

Extraordinary Member

For me, it would be returning Katar and Shayera Hol back as they were as Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Enough already. Give them back to us permanently.

That Superman was Superboy.

This would indirectly fix the LSH which would be my primary goal.
    Batman - Daredevil

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    For me, it would be returning Katar and Shayera Hol back as they were as Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Enough already. Give them back to us permanently.
    I was going to type "restore The Real Earth 2," but as is so often the case with caj, I like his answer better. Earth 2 is my runner up, but that's so sweeping a change it probably violates the spirit of the OP's question anyway.

One thing would be tough. I have a few that I can think of.

1. Supergirl’s origin
    2. The Hawks
    3. Barry Allen’s parents being alive
    4. Original founding JLA lineup
    5. Batman growing up with his Uncle Phillip rather than Alfred
    6. Brainiac being a computer rather than a biological being (though this switches all the time and may be canon again)
    7. Kathy Kane Batwoman being a love interest for Bruce
    8. Original Marvel Family dynamics and continuity

But 1 would probably be my priority if I had to choose one, because I can’t stand the current status quo.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

If I could only change ONE thing like the title says, then it would have to be to restore the Legion's original history.

In general, the post-Crisis comics were a brilliant success creatively. The stories and general tone of the DCU, Post-Crisis, were generally much better than pre-Crisis.

However, in terms of continuity, the baby was often thrown out with the bathwater as post-Crisis reboots kept happening years after the New Earth was established, which messed up Aquaman and Hawkman for no reason. Hawkman was never a character who could hold a book for long, but his history makes it all the more offputting for lots of people now.

Also, changes to Superman and Wonder Woman, which made their Post-Crisis series MUCH MUCH better than their pre-Crisis ones had the unfortunate side effect of throwing the histories of their affiliated side-characters like Supergirl, Legion, and Wonder Girl into chaos. Add in Power Girl who needed a completely new backstory due to the elimination of Golden Age Superman.

DC should not still have to be retelling origin stories 30+ years after Crisis.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    5. Batman growing up with his Uncle Phillip rather than Alfred

I agree with the vast majority of this list, but 5. would be impossible to pull off without alienating, confusing, and enraging most Batman fans.

The merging of universes. JSA was much more special when it was on its own earth and the DCU was much richer for the multiverse they had in place then.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The merging of universes. JSA was much more special when it was on its own earth and the DCU was much richer for the multiverse they had in place then.
    This. It is extremely hard to narrow down to just one. But this would eliminate several other problems, like the Hawks and Power Girl.

Other bad things I would change:

1. Don't reboot Wonder Woman. Or if you do, don't have it take place at the same time as everything else in the present day. This would mean Diana can keep her JL founder status and Donna wouldn't be utterly screwed.
    2. The terrible "Clark cannot have been Superboy and interacted with the Legion and Clark being the ONLY Kryptonitan, both in the present and ever was" stuff that ruined SO MUCH.
    3. Barbara not being Gordon's actual daughter. This was a needless, confusing change.

The prices. There I said it.

To get to the actual question's meaning, I'd also say the existence of Earth two as the home of DC's Golden Age characters.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I’m in favor of THAT one!
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Mighty Member

Keeping barry allen alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Barry's origin.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Earth 2 intact with Infinity Inc. holdingdown the fort!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Keeping barry allen alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wholeheartedly, I second this!

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-24-2021 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.