Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Should Tim become Joker Junior at some point?

One of my favorite movies is Batman Beyond Return of the Joker and my favorite twist is Tim being the Joker part of why I like this part of the story is how dark it is and I've often wanted a story line like that to be incorporated into the comics. I feel a good twist on it would be for Tim to be infected with a seemingly "incurable" new version of Joker venom and for it to drive him insane. Like Joker seemingly meets his end and in his final moments he hints he has one more scheme then he dies and after brief moment of peace Tim gets a package and opens it thinking it's not dangerous and then gets sprayed and inside is a message from Joker saying "I thought about giving this to Nightwing then I thought Jason might be more appropriate then I realized it would be so much more fun if I gave it to you so you could be my ultimate revenge."

I feel like Tim would make a good villain because he's a genius and just imagine if he turned against the Bat Family besides if Joker really wanted to hurt Batman what better way to do that than corrupt the Robin that succeeded Jason? Also an easy retcon would be a speedy clone type twist that way both Junior could stay around and Tim could be absolved of his crimes. I'm assuming DC would pull a retcon like that especially if Tim became Junior and did some really depraved things. As for the personality I think if Tim became Jr. it would be interesting if he didn't become completely like Joker but more like Jeremiah from Gotham with a serious yet unhinged personality.

I think Tim gone bad would be interesting to see and it would be interesting to see Batman in a situation where one of his Robins for the time being is beyond his help and he's forced to watch them become a monster.

Wouldn't Jason be more interesting as Joker's Son?

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I feel like Tim would make a good villain because he's a genius and just imagine if he turned against the Bat Family besides if Joker really wanted to hurt Batman what better way to do that than corrupt the Robin that succeeded Jason? Also an easy retcon would be a speedy clone type twist that way both Junior could stay around and Tim could be absolved of his crimes. I'm assuming DC would pull a retcon like that especially if Tim became Junior and did some really depraved things. As for the personality I think if Tim became Jr. it would be interesting if he didn't become completely like Joker but more like Jeremiah from Gotham with a serious yet unhinged personality.
    Whenever you have to say "Oh look a clone did it!", I think it's a sign that your story has gone horribly wrong somewhere in Act I...

I think Tim gone bad would be interesting to see and it would be interesting to see Batman in a situation where one of his Robins for the time being is beyond his help and he's forced to watch them become a monster.
    Like Under the Red Hood, where Batman has to watch while Jason goes full villain mode?

Also, after seeing this fanart by artist JJMK on Tumblr, I'm forced to admit it would be creepier and more tragic if this happened to Jason.

Jason Jokerized.jpg

Honestly, though, I personally don't want that story to happen to anyone. I don't like Batman Beyond very much for just throwing in a random new character as Batman and destroying the rest of the Family and Batman's relationship with them. I would prefer to read comics where the Robins work together to take on the Batmantle after Bruce retires and train their own pupils, and Batman Beyond kind of messes up all my plans...

BANNED

I think Tim should overdose on Joker Serum and just die laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wouldn't Jason be more interesting as Joker's Son?
    I feel like Jason is too obvious I think Tim would be better shock value and again it would be more tragic also given how smart Tim is he'd be a greater threat then Jason.

BANNED

I feel like Jason is too obvious I think Tim would be better shock value and again it would be more tragic also given how smart Tim is he'd be a greater threat then Jason.
    I agree that Jason is too obvious, and Dick is too old to be calling anyone Daddy. It would need to be Timmy Wimmy.

No never in normal continuity.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

As a Robin, Tim Drake is the best one, so he should definitely be spared that.
    Jason is more interesting as the extreme anti-Joker guy who is more violent toward him.

Damian would be a better fit for Joker jr, more to see him get frustrated with what happened to him and bash Joker out of his insanity for a few years.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

Damien. That would twist the knife in Batman's side the worst.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Damian already has the potential to become the next Ra's al Ghul. He has nothing to do with the Joker or at the least not much. I find it quite refreshing to have a core Batman character who isn't tied to Joker.
    An evil Damian doesn't have to be the Joker.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Damian already has the potential to become the next Ra's al Ghul. He has nothing to do with the Joker or at the least not much. I find it quite refreshing to have a core Batman character who isn't tied to Joker.
    An evil Damian doesn't have to be the Joker.
    Everything you said makes sense. I'm just saying if The Joker really wanted to stick it to Batman he would stick it to not only another Robin, but his son, to boot. I mean, sticking it to Batman is pretty much half the reason The Joker even exists (the other half is sticking it to everyone else).
    Last edited by phonogram12; 12-12-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Tim already sort of went evil in 'Tec, his alternate future self, and then his brainwashed self, both tried to kill Batwoman. He wasn't jokerized though, and he got better.

That said, while I'm fine with the idea of Tim going full 'Joker', it'd probably be upsetting for his fan base. So I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 12-12-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Absolutely not. Batman Beyond is an alternate future and should remain as such. I know everybody wants to have their impact by altering the status quo, but you shouldn’t do something crazy damaging like that in the main continuity. That’s what alternate universes are for.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Tim already sort of went evil in 'Tec, his alternate future self, and then his brainwashed self, both tried to kill Batwoman. He wasn't jokerized though, and he got better.

That said, while I'm fine with the idea of Tim going full 'Joker', it'd probably be upsetting for his fan base. So I'm not sure.
    Maybe drop him in a vat of chemicals and Jokerize him. Then he could struggle with it 24/7-could he retain his sanity when Jack Napier couldn't? He could become like a Jeckyl/Hyde, wear lots of make-up and a wig to try to hide his appearance (especially from his family). It'd be interesting to have him realize he has to lower his goals--no hope of ever becoming a Batman himself someday--just hoping to stay out of the mental ward. Kinda like a little white Hulk/Bruce Banner kind of thing.

Mighty Member

Tim keeps on becoming evil in the future. It is comedic how much Jason is a better hero than him. Robin gets more evil every new iteration. The AntiChrist is the Robin after Damian.