Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Apparenttly the plan for the sequel is to focus on Gwen and Miles' romance from the comics
    No, no, no, no.

Miles deserves his own love interests, not Peter's Exs.

Astonishing Member

Love to see Spider-Man from The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Man 2099, and, ya guessed it, Spider-Man 2099.
    Yes, I would die to see him along with Spider-punk and Toxin.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, no, no, no.

Miles deserves his own love interests, not Peter's Exs.
    I mean, technically Spider-Gwen was never Peter's love interest.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Love to see Spider-Man from The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.
    Well, we could get him or some teenage version of Peter Parker. But I don't think they'll go as specific as 'the Spider-Man from The Spectacular Spider-Man' cartoon. That kind of attention to a specific continuity might work in the comics but not in a movie like this meant to appeal to a mainstream audience.

If they introduce a teenage Peter Parker, they'll go with a 'broad strokes' backstory like the one we saw in this movie. "My name is Peter Parker...I got bit by a radioactive spider...for the past year I've been Spider-Man..." along with a montage of some of the Lee/Dikto era foes and moments, and maybe some glimpses of characters like Gwen and Harry who've typically been retroactively added to Spidey's early years in adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, technically Spider-Gwen was never Peter's love interest.
    Believe it or not you'd have a hard time convincing a good portion of the internet of that.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Mighty Member

Steampunk spidey

More of Spider-ham's world : J Jonah Jackal, Mary Jane Waterbuffalo and those sunglass wearing rabbit and cat buddies he hung out with...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So now that I've seen the movie, I'd definitely want to see Miguel in the sequel. Based on what Sony has revealed about their concepts for the sequel my idea would it being a bit of a time travel-influenced movie where in

Miles, Peter, and Gwen end up in a world/future where Miles and Gwen are married (just like Sitting in a Tree) and Peter has a teenaged daughter with Mary Jane who is either Mayday or Annie May.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spider-Man 2099 should be a given. Superior Spider-Man is the big one to me that could be fun, cool, and make an interesting dynamic for everyone. Beyond that it really comes down to what they would do with them. Scarlet Spider could work, even Spinneret could work. If the rumors of a Spider-Women movie with Gwen, Jessica Drew, and Silk are true, just bringing Jess and Silk in with Miguel and SpOck honestly could be enough. Have to assume we'll get Peter back in some form with Miles and Gwen and don't wanna overpack the movie.

Mighty Member

Broadway musical spider-man

Sp.ock passes himself off as regular spidey. Big plot twist (to non comic readers anyway) when he reveals himself as villain. Takes over other bodies when he gets old and is still around in 2099...

I want to see 1960s cartoon spider-man, working web-constructions and all.

Mighty Member

Me too! His webs always look like big nets when he squirts on bad guys. The others ask him if his shooters are working OK...

I want to hear : "I will say it again for you incompetent simpletons, My name is Otto Octavius and for the last three years I have been the superior Spider-man" . Show sequence of cancer-ridden Otto getting the better of Spidey, stealing his identity , founding Parker industries , defeating bad guys and evil organisations - stealing their technology on the way and rising to the top...

So I'm assuming the sequel will use Miles, Gwen, Miguel, Peter from earth 67 and some other characters while building the romance of Miles and Gwen.

Some people are assuming some details from the Sitting in a Tree crossover will be adapted but it could just be a good ol' fashion romance ...although there was a spidey team called Amazing Eight in that crossover that consisted of Miles, Gwen, their 2 kids, Sp///dr, and Spider-Ham, Jessica Drew's son Gerry and a female Kravinoff, and since that team consists of most of the spider characters in the first film, it could potentially be a look into the future of these characters working closely together, hell you could eliminate spider-man (Gerry Drew) and spider-woman (female kravinoff) and replace them with the daughter of Peter B. Parker and another male spider person.

In any case Sony can really build an animated spider-verse with endless possibilities.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-24-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Spider-monkey (marvel Apes)

More of Peter B. Parker! I would love to see how he patched things up and they introduce Annie or Mayday.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!