Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 428
  1. #166
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    This truly is the ultimate DC TV crossover .

  2. #167
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    IMO, it is pretty extreme, but in a petty, unpolished kind of way - they beat you over the head with a sledgehammer, rather then make thoughtful situations, and the loose parallels with real life politics are apples to oranges comparisons. Their view of what nationalistic or conservative values are, are a distortion of what real life conservatives are like, and then they beat the strawman villain up. They love to make the villains use "great again" catch phrases and put the leftist agenda front and center always, whether it fits the plot or not. They have no idea how to write in shades of gray. Ignoring the fact that in their world, illegal immigrants have Super powers that regular humans can not compete with in terms of strength and ability, and their world has been under attack by aliens multiple times. The comparisons just don't work. There is no depth. They started out with a little depth, but quickly went into comic book villainy. Their Luthor is an obvious Trump insert (based on their slanted views of reality), the evil businessman with russian connections attacking his own country using fear to amp up hatred at a minority group in an attempt to take power and fame and sooth his own ego..... I know it has nothing to do with reality, and I would really love to enjoy the end of last season as just a comic book story, but they are way too obvious and transparent with their agendas, *all the time.* It is never smart to insult half of your possible viewership base.....
    They were legal immigrants. That was the whole point of the Alien Amnesty Act.

  3. #168
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They were legal immigrants. That was the whole point of the Alien Amnesty Act.
    Nope.... She was ineligible to be President and the act was unlawful. She hid her true identity. She wasn't even born on Earth. It would have worked better if she was and opened more gray area questions and debates. The way it was portrayed is she is from off world, lied to all of humanity, and used her legal power to benefit people like her.

  4. #169
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This truly is the ultimate DC TV crossover .
    Now we need his daughters to meet up with supergirl...

  5. #170
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Nope.... She was ineligible to be President and the act was unlawful. She hid her true identity. She wasn't even born on Earth. It would have worked better if she was and opened more gray area questions and debates. The way it was portrayed is she is from off world, lied to all of humanity, and used her legal power to benefit people like her.
    I think the point was to show that this rule is stupid and xenophobic, and that 'legal' presidents, like Baker, aren't necessarily the good choice.

  6. #171
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Maybe this means the crossover will get an extra episode

  7. #172
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think the point was to show that this rule is stupid and xenophobic, and that 'legal' presidents, like Baker, aren't necessarily the good choice.
    Baker was far from legal. He only became President because she stepped down, but he was her choice as VP. We don't know what he was like before Lex got to him.

    How is protecting earth from an infiltration / invasion in a world where such things are commonplace xenophobic? Why is the universe Earth's responsibility?

    Why wouldn't a president lying and hiding who they really are and where they came from not a deal breaker? Why should the law not be equally applied to everyone? Dont like the law, vote in someone legal who can legally change it.

  8. #173
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Baker was far from legal. He only became President because she stepped down, but he was her choice as VP. We don't know what he was like before Lex got to him.
    The law does not make an allowance for the vice president not being able to be president because the president was removed for not being legally allowed to hold the office.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  9. #174
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The law does not make an allowance for the vice president not being able to be president because the president was removed for not being legally allowed to hold the office.

    The entire election was fraudulent.. He was never duly elected by the American people. He was on a ticket led by a lying off world interloper. The entire ticket was presented under false pretenses.

    Bottom line, she was never a United States citizen.
    Last edited by feenix219; 08-03-2019 at 04:59 PM.

  10. #175
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    The entire election was fraudulent.. He was never duly elected by the American people. He was on a ticket led by a lying off world interloper. The entire ticket was presented under false pretenses.

    Bottom line, she was never a United States citizen.
    Nevertheless, the law makes no allowance for the VP not becoming president under these circumstances, unless it's proven he too is not eligible.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  11. #176

    Default

    Just a thought.

    Maybe the reason that Black Lightning has been belatedly added to the Crisis Crossover, thereby establishing it as part of the same multiverse as the other DC-CW shows, is because of the recent stance by some in Hollywood to move production out of Atlanta because of their anti-abortion laws.

    Given that Arrow is ending this season, maybe they can use that studio space and move Black Lightning's production up to Vancouver for the season after this -- 2020-2021.

    This way they can make their political stance AND have all the shows filming near each other to make crossovers much easier going forward -- a having your cake and eating it too scenario.

  12. #177

  13. #178
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    This crossover really goes all in, by the signs of it

  14. #179
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    I'm overjoyed to see Convoy finally play Bruce in live action. Get Will Friedle in there too.

  15. #180
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    All the yes! Old Man Bruce (with Kevin Conroy) is now real! Just need Will Friedle as Terry, and that whole thing will be set.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •