Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1209

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They've said the next crossovers will be smaller and I look forward to that. Maybe it will just be pairs of shows crossing over (like Batwoman/Supergirl or Flash/Black Lightning) where the crossover will be about the relationship between the two main characters, deepening their relationship or maybe even coming to blows over a real and genuine conflict. I think that would be pretty cool.
    Yeah, I think it would be smart to start off with smaller crossovers between shows (like Supergirl in the Superman and Lois show, or the Kate and Kara team-up that everyone thinks needs to happen, etc.) before we try another big show-wide crossover again.

It would definitely justify the Post-Crisis merging of everything and be more feasible production-wise.

About the only thing with Black Lightning is the filming issues since it's not filmed in Vancouver and the cost to ship Cress Williams and his suit is costly, although I think of anyone Grant Gustin would probably be willing to fly to Atlanta for a team-up (he's done it before).

Retired

To minimize costs, I think they should do a crossover with just the super-heroes--none of the supporting cast (other than cameo roles)--and do a good old fashioned Justice League team-up story. I'd like to see our seven heroes in an adventure based on "Riddle of the Robot Justice League."

With Black Lightning and Crisis I think it had more to do with the fact that both filmed at the same time and having the main character unavailable is a big issue. But maybe it'll be easier with shows that don't actually film at the same time. (I'm not sure of their schedules)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Right now they have seven (assuming GA and the Canaries goes to a full series and replaces Arrow), eight if we count Stargirl since it'll be airing on the CW.

Well, compared to Endgame this has always been the "Arrowverse," so I think it makes sense to focus a lot on Green Arrow now that that moniker is even more literal.

I am wondering if they've stretched the timeline a little to have Ollie predate both Superman and Batman.
    They'd have to stretch it quite a bit, for GA to be the first. Black Lightning's career's started when his kids, now young adults, were very young.

And really, in the old timeline, Ollie wasn't the first. The JSA (though secret) and Wildcat came before him. Perhaps he just made the biggest splash? :P

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

With everyone under the same roof now, the crossovers aren't as big a deal now as they were when everyone had never met and lived on different Earths. Everyone knows each other now and, other than Black Lightning, it's pretty easy to do crossovers with everyone filming in Vancouver.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    With Black Lightning and Crisis I think it had more to do with the fact that both filmed at the same time and having the main character unavailable is a big issue. But maybe it'll be easier with shows that don't actually film at the same time. (I'm not sure of their schedules)
    It might also help that Black Lightning has a shorter episode count, so maybe they can work something out when they finish filming.

It might also help that Black Lightning has a shorter episode count, so maybe they can work something out when they finish filming.
    I thought Black Lightning had the same number of episodes as Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl?

Only show that has a short count is Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Name is actually Crisis on Two Earths:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just..._on_Two_Earths
    What this Crossover should have been called, LOL, we only saw the heroes fighting for one other earths and that was the Supergirl Earth. Not many other heroes from other earths were there to fight the end of the freaking multiverse!. COIE name was taken when they basically were doing something else. This CW version makes a mockery of the epic comic COIE. In the end all the earths are back and only 3 merged, LAUGHABLE. Its laughable, they had all 12 issues of COIE freely at their disposal but the work they put its like they only read 5 pages. Many of the characters that were instrumental in COIE comic event were simply absent, important events to happen in the story were not created as scenes.

This felt more like a Youtube version of the story, they really should not have attempted the storyline, knowing the scope of the story and knowing how they dont have the resources to do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought Black Lightning had the same number of episodes as Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl?

First season had 13 episodes, second had 16.

Retired

I've never been able to find online just how many episodes that BLACK LIGHTNING will have this season. Right now IMDb is showing they will have two more episodes (but they didn't show that before). I'm hoping it will end there, because this season has been one long drawn-out thing which could have been a lot shorter.

I'd like to see Jamilah Olsen and Bill Henderson move to another show (if the actors are willing)--maybe to SUPERGIRL or SUPERMAN & LOIS--given they're both Superman family characters (assuming that Jamilah is somehow related to James Olsen).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I initially made the same error, probably cause I don't regularly watch Black Lightning, but Legends episode count either meets, or exceeds by 1-2 episodes, BL's episode count.

Looking at wiki, this will be the first season, BL's current season 3, that BL beats Legends's upcoming season's episode count by 1 episode (or 2 depending on how you count the Crisis episode which was a Legends episode).

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    What this Crossover should have been called, LOL, we only saw the heroes fighting for one other earths and that was the Supergirl Earth. Not many other heroes from other earths were there to fight the end of the freaking multiverse!. COIE name was taken when they basically were doing something else. This CW version makes a mockery of the epic comic COIE. In the end all the earths are back and only 3 merged, LAUGHABLE. Its laughable, they had all 12 issues of COIE freely at their disposal but the work they put its like they only read 5 pages. Many of the characters that were instrumental in COIE comic event were simply absent, important events to happen in the story were not created as scenes.

This felt more like a Youtube version of the story, they really should not have attempted the storyline, knowing the scope of the story and knowing how they dont have the resources to do it justice.
    They were fighting to save more earths- they even showed Routh's Superman come back to the Waverider and be upset that he wasn't able to save anyone. The thing to remember is that they were doing this on a TV budget, so they showed us what they could. As for why they only showed the heroes fighting for Supergirl's Earth- that was the only other Earth, other than Earth-2, that we have spent any amount of time on and that had characters we knew and wanted to survive, and Earth 2 had already been destroyed.

First season had 13 episodes, second had 16.
    Really? Man, iTunes is charging $40 for Season 2. For 16 episodes, that is some bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I've never been able to find online just how many episodes that BLACK LIGHTNING will have this season. Right now IMDb is showing they will have two more episodes (but they didn't show that before). I'm hoping it will end there, because this season has been one long drawn-out thing which could have been a lot shorter.

I'd like to see Jamilah Olsen and Bill Henderson move to another show (if the actors are willing)--maybe to SUPERGIRL or SUPERMAN & LOIS--given they're both Superman family characters (assuming that Jamilah is somehow related to James Olsen).
    I wondered about the Jamilah Olsen relation, but if Damon Gupton is willing to move to Vancouver, I'd be happy to have him on Superman & Lois.

Retired

Regarding Damon Gupton, this is a bit of a spoiler--

spoilers:
    He tweeted that he had finished his last scene for the series. I imagine he gets killed off--but maybe not, or maybe he can be brought back to life. It seems like he would have stayed, but they wrote him off. The actor would therefore be available, if he wanted to go to Vancouver and continue the role of Henderson on another series.
    end of spoilers

Bill Henderson is one of my favourite characters, given his long history with Superman on radio and TV.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

1. They may not have fought on each earth but they fought for more than 2. They did save people from more than just earth 38 to earth 1.

2. The CW crisis was never meant to result in only 1 earth. Thats not the path Warner want to take with their digital media. Back in 2014 both Johns and Wolfman made announcements that DC would take a different "multiversal" approach than the MCU to allow creative freedoms by movie makers etc to make the best possible story. Warner dont want to limit themselves to a single or limited number of continuities. They can throw out a movie or TV show without its creator having to stick to canon already shown or established in another and just have it on a different earth. Thats why they showed earths for properties developed by other creative teams (Titans, Doom Patrol, Star Girl etc).
    3. They didnt have to read COIE, the guy who wrote it was involved in the production of the CW crisis. Marv Wolfman co-wrote the Arrow installment of the crisis.