Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Man, I wish these shows were this much fun on a regular basis. I know that such a thing is pretty much impossible but all of the Arrowverse series really do just show their best side in these crossovers and I wish it would carry on more consistently to the rest of the season. Crisis has just been a total blast and is shaping up to be my easy favourite crossover to date. Plus, I didn't realize just how much I need a Supergirl/ Batwoman series. The two characters and actresses are just fantastic together.

Here's my big takeaway, though: would somebody please give Brandon Routh's Superman his own movie, show or at least regular role in one of these other shows. I've long held that however much I liked him in Superman Returns, he hadn't quite grown into the role yet, and if given another chance he would just knock it out of the park. He hasn't just matched my expectations in these couple of episodes, he has flown right past them. He really fills out that suit now and he has just been so damn good on every level. I really like Hoechlin in the role but, damn, Routh just totally overshadows him. I swear, they're leaving money on the table if they don't do more with him. Let Cavill be the Witcher, this is my Superman.
    Actually- I'd love it if they swerved us and they had Routh play Superman on Legends, if only for a short time. Because I agree- we need more of Routh as Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    someone from "Watchmen"
    I think the closest we will get to a Watchman cameo was the billboard on Earth 666.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Felicity was around in 2040 and spent all those years raising Mia she can't enter the Paradise dimension until that's all done. So Oliver would have to wait around as the Spectre for twenty years before he could give up the hood and have his Paradise Olicity afterlife.

I think this is a backdoor for them to bring back Stephen Amell whenever he's available for a crossover.
    But remember- the future has changed now. Unless everyone's minds are wiped at the end of the kids time in the past.

And I agree- I think this is a way to keep Amell around, without him being around. Bring him back every now and then to interact with other characters, and maybe have him be the new voice of the SpeedForce for Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Actually- I'd love it if they swerved us and they had Routh play Superman on Legends, if only for a short time. Because I agree- we need more of Routh as Superman.
    Superman in Legends just doesn't work. Legends is a comedy, Superman isn't. I also want more Routh as Superman, he was that good and his costume looked great. Also Legends is letting him go for a reason. Probably budget. I wish HBO Max gave him a limited series to see his story.

Guggengiem mentioned in an interview that they are still negotiating for more cameo’s for parts 4 and 5. But all earths are now destroyed which sortnof makes it hard for a short cut to said earth.

So i see only 2 ways for this to happen (since they have decided using the book of destiny is a bad idea).

Opening scenes that are a flash back to before those final destructions of Pariah witnissing cameo characters destroyed. A sort of “previously on”

Ollie as Spectre arrives at flashpoint with characters he’s saved from their universes before destruction. Of I’m not mistaken the scene with ollie and Corrigan was before Jefferson Pierce appeared in tue room with the anti matter canon.

So he could have saved BL’s girls and the extended cast of the other shows

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Some interesting trivia:

Barry Allen's original run as the Flash in DC Comics lasted from October, 1956 (SHOWCASE # 4) to November, 1985 (CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS # 8). 29 years and one month.

The Earth-90 Flash/Barry Allen lasted from September, 1990 (premiere episode of his TV series) to December, 2019 (CW FLASH: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS Part 3). 29 years and three months.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Some interesting trivia:

Barry Allen's original run as the Flash in DC Comics lasted from October, 1956 (SHOWCASE # 4) to November, 1985 (CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS # 8). 29 years and one month.

The Earth-90 Flash/Barry Allen lasted from September, 1990 (premiere episode of his TV series) to December, 2019 (CW FLASH: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS Part 3). 29 years and three months.

That makes it all the more appropriate that it was earth 90 Flash who fullfilled the E1 Barry Allen part of crisis.

Hmm, I just thought since WB is apparently rebooting movie versions of all JL but WW and Aquaman (simce they're proven to work). They might just be ok with a Cavel or Afflick cameo in their DCEU rolls. To close that universe off.

I think I have a guy crush on Brandon Routh.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Guggengiem mentioned in an interview that they are still negotiating for more cameo’s for parts 4 and 5. But all earths are now destroyed which sortnof makes it hard for a short cut to said earth.
    I don't think so. We have the bookends of the other scenes, where we see the other earths restored, which could allow for any number of cameos. (unless we end up with only one earth at the end)

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Some interesting trivia:

That is pretty awesome! It goes with the old standard for DC heroes, where they were all 29 years old forever. It's like "Logan's Run" made manifest!

Retired

The chiaroscuro in some scenes with KC Superman (such as at the vanishing point) was like a gosh-darned Rembrandt. His costume seems made for that kind of contrast lighting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The chiaroscuro in some scenes with KC Superman (such as at the vanishing point) was like a gosh-darned Rembrandt. His costume seems made for that kind of contrast lighting.
    It also makes sense if you think back to how Alex Ross always uses dramatic lighting and, when he can’t get away with that, abstract or theatrical lighting like colored gel effects.

Astonishing Member

Well, its been a great ride so far!

Of course, a lot of it was predictable, but then again, that's just a testament to the fandom's ability to predict twists accurately! Not to mention, this being an adaptation of a 33 year old story...

For instance, Oliver becoming the Spectre is a theory I'd seen floated around for months. We knew for sure that he wouldn't just 'die'...

Barry Allen wasn't going to really die either. So it being Shipp's Barry who dies was also pretty much a given. It was a beautiful scene though, what with the flashback and the use of the original show theme...

The one twist that really caught me of guard was Kevin Conroy's Bruce Wayne being plain evil. I'm not sure how I feel about it (and the accusations that they tore down Bruce Wayne to prop up Kate unfortunately do seem a little well-founded here). But it was an unexpected twist and I guess a kind of take-that to the BvS take on Batman.

On the whole I am amazed by how faithful the overall story is to the original...while of course also being true to the Arrowverse and its history. You have the destruction of the earths, Harbinger bringing together the heroes, the cosmic tuning forks, the anti-matter cannon and the Flash's sacrifice, Pariah being the one who released the Anti-Monitor, and Harbinger being brainwashed into killing the Monitor. Plus, from the previews for the remaining two episodes, we know that we get the big battle at the Dawn of Time between the Spectre and the Anti-Monitor.

Given the way things are going, its a cinch that Part 5 will be set on a newly merged Post-Crisis earth, largely based on Earth 1 but with elements of Earth 38 (Supergirl's earth), Earth 73 (Black Lightning's earth), Earth 2 (to merge the Black Canaries), Earth 3 (to bring in Jay Garrick) and whatever earth Stargirl is from.

Since Part 5 is an episode of LoT, maybe Gideon could be the one giving us a history lesson on New Earth!

Some of my guesses on how they handle continuity-

1. The JSA existed on New Earth, with Starman as one of the original members. Stargirl is his modern-day successor. The JSA from LoT will be mostly wiped from continuity.

2. John Wesley Shipp's Jay Garrick was the Flash in the early 90's. But due to some incident, he and his wife Joan were forced into hiding and assumed the identities of Henry and Nora Allen, and they had a son, Barry. Something separates Henry and Nora from Barry when he's a kid, possibly Thawne related, and he's raised by the West family. He eventually becomes the Flash too and is only reunited with his parents well into his career.

3. Laurel Lance was a lawyer and had a life identical to her Earth 1 version until she was caught in the particle accelerator explosion. Her metahuman powers enabled her to become Black Canary. Her near-death experience at the hands of Damian Darkh temporarily caused her to assume the villanous identity of Black Siren, but she was eventually reformed.

4. Superman and Batman were the first major heroes of the new millenium. Superman eventually took a backseat by the start of the 2010's and Batman was anyway an urban myth, so this paved the way for Green Arrow and the Flash to be the faces of a new wave of heroes. Black Lightning was also part of the Superman and Batman generation of heroes.

Giant-Size Crisis on Infinite Earths #1 the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths tie in comics is out today.

SPOILERS
    spoilers:
    1st story: Crisis on Infinite Earths Pt. 1

Pariah arrives on Earth-N52 to a newscast of Bethany Snow telling Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and so many other heroes wiped from existence. The Justice League is seen on the TV monitor consisting of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg. Pariah tries to save a father and child but they and the Earth are erased from existence.

Pariah appears next on Earth-F (Fleischer Superman cartoons) only to watch as Superman and Lois and then there Earth ceases to be. Harbinger was in route to Earth-F but doesn't arrive in time to save anyone.

Earth-X we see the Freedom Fighters' Ray, Black Condor Red Tornado, Phantom Lady and Doll Man engaging Nazis attacking a train. Harbinger arrives just in time to save Ray from the destruction of Earth-X. Uncle Sam is mentioned but not seen.

Harbinger arrives with Ray, on the Earth-74 Waverider, and is greeted by Flash/Barry, White Canary/Sara, Atom/Ray, Batwoman, Kid Flash and Felicity Smoak. The Monitor informs Ray his Earth is no more They are tasked with finding Pariah. Nyssa al Ghul is part of the team.

The team Arives on Earth-76 (Wonder Woman TV series) to find Wonder Woman trying to save civilians as well as Pariah in battle with Outkast, his Anti-Matter doppelganger. The team battle Outkast before he vanishes. Harbinger arrives to save the team and Pariah just before the destruction of Earth-76.

They discover Outkast is on Earth-D home of the Justice Alliance which consist Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Fash and the mentioned only Batwoman fighting the Shadow Demons released by Outkast. The team and the Alliance battle the Shadow Demons and Outkast to which they capture but not before he kills Kid Flash. They return with the captured Outkast who reveals himself to be a living Anti-Matter bomb and he starts to glow.

To Be Continued......

2nd story: The Council

Earth-1938 Luthor is killed in an escape attempt.

Earth-38 Luthor is Freed from the Waverider by another Luthor and taking to Earth-99 orbit where the Council of Luthors are meeting (at laeast 12 maybe more).

He disagrees on how to deal with the Crisis and disappears only to arrive on Earth-38 Superman's Fortress to confront Superman.

A Luthor arrives pulling 38 Luthor back through portal right after tossing a trap at Superman.

Supeman escapes and decides he needs more help and numerous multiversal Supermen arrive.

To Be Continued......
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 12-15-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Is it on comixology?
    If so would appreciate a link, I cant find it

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Is it on comixology?
    If so would appreciate a link, I cant find it
    For now it's a Wal-Mart exclusive but i think its suppose to make it's way to comic shops later then Comixology will probably have it.