Page 43 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The stuff with Team Supergirl was kind of unnecessary (but maybe necessary for people who haven't been watching their series).
    I'm curious- what stuff did you think was unnecessary? Everyone they showed played a role important to the story- from Brainy going with Sara to get back baby Jon, to Dreamer and Kelly helping with the evacuation, to Lena and Alex science-ing it up to get the people to another dimension. I guess the only part of them that dragged was when Alex recruited Lena, and Lena's repeated "This doesn't change anything", but her calling out Alex about the Claymore Satellite was kind of needed, since Alex did come close to killing her last episode.

BANNED

I wouldn't count Earth 90.

Earth 73 gets destroyed. Super friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I wouldn't count Earth 90.

Earth 73 gets destroyed. Super friends?
    90 was rendered lifeless in the Elseworlds crossover. For some reason i think 73 will turn out to be Black Lightning's Earth

BANNED

If you count that, then might as well for the lifeless earth Cisco went to.

Anyway are they going to destroy every Earth except Earth 1?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm curious- what stuff did you think was unnecessary? Everyone they showed played a role important to the story- from Brainy going with Sara to get back baby Jon, to Dreamer and Kelly helping with the evacuation, to Lena and Alex science-ing it up to get the people to another dimension. I guess the only part of them that dragged was when Alex recruited Lena, and Lena's repeated "This doesn't change anything", but her calling out Alex about the Claymore Satellite was kind of needed, since Alex did come close to killing her last episode.
    Yeah mainly that, since it doesn't really add to the Crisis story--it was mainly to give Lena and Alex some extra screen time, and I'm sure all of this kind of drama will be repeated again when the series comes back after the break. That and some of the scenes with the regular cast standing around at the DEO could have been tightened up a bit, to allow more time for some scenes of destruction around the world and on other Earths and more cameos from actors we'll probably never get to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If you count that, then might as well for the lifeless earth Cisco went to.

Anyway are they going to destroy every Earth except Earth 1?
    Not likely we know Black Lightning's and Titan's Earth still exist after the Crossover but i suppose both could be incorporated into Earth-1

My feeling is some, if not all the Earths will be restored. Otherwise they are moving Supergirl to Earth 1.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My feeling is some, if not all the Earths will be restored. Otherwise they are moving Supergirl to Earth 1.
    Eh, I don't see it. Maybe 1 or 2 other Earths (like Titans, which would bring SO many issues if it was part of Earth 1), but I can very much see Earth 1 being home to the main shows thus far. Including, to some degree at least, Black Lightning.

BANNED

Probably will merge earth 38 citizens history to earth 1. But not all.

Only problem I had with the Know cameo was that the paper said that Batman captured the Joker. But Joker died in Batman '89 (spoiler alert for a 30 year old movie
    So despite what Kevin Smith and company were saying in the aftershow, that might not be the EXACT same Earth, but one similar to it? Sure sounds like it.

I was surprised that Oliver died in Part One. Like most everyone else, I was expecting it in Part Four or Part 5. If the goal was to give the sense that literally anything can happen in this crossover and that all bets are off, I think they succeeded here.

Great scenes with Oliver and Mia, and with the Supergirl cast. Sara also got a good moment with the Oliver of 2016 Earth-16. Barry and J'onn didn't have a whole lot to do, but we know they're going to play bigger roles in the next installments.

Only problem I had with the Know cameo was that the paper said that Batman captured the Joker. But Joker died in Batman '89 (spoiler alert for a 30 year old movie
    Been a long time so several things could have happened. Joker was revived. He was never truly dead. A legacy Joker took his place ect.

BANNED

Could be the video game version of the burton verse.

Knox!!! Man, if only we had Keaton's Batman fighting the Anti-Monitor...I did like how the newspaper art had the Keaton Batsuit. Although wasn't the symbol on the Bat-Signal Batwoman's?

Was that scene with Hawk and Jason new footage with them or did they splice it together from previous Titans footage?

Oh hey, they managed to work The Ray in! Only to watch his Earth get destroyed. Ouch .

Burt Ward's Dick got the best line of the entire first Hour, bar none. They made the most of his cameo.

I'm kind of surprised the Birds of Prey Earth didn't pop up in the montage since people were just expecting the same kind of few seconds cameo for that Earth.

I wish Supergirl had said "Shut up Will!" when he popped up.

Is this the first time they've mentioned Clark fighting Doomsday? I thought they might save that for the Superman show. And "apprehending" Zod instead of killing him.

Argo City finally comes back only to get destroyed. Poor Kara and Clark are the last son and daughter of Krypton again, and Kara lost her mom for a second time.

You'd think after Krypton Argo would have more escape pods in case the planet needed to be evacuated, but I guess we needed to see Clark go through the same thing his parents did.

Nice Batwoman continuity with Kate desperate to find Alice to free her dad and take her down.

Isn't Earth-16 supposed to be Young Justice's Earth? It would've been hilarious if they traveled there and we saw everyone transformed into animated versions of themselves and meet The Team.

Yeah, Oliver did not take the knowledge of Barry dying well.

Lena is getting more and more insufferable. I can't wait to hear Lex say how "proud" he is of how she's been acting, because that's the only way I see her getting a wake-up call from this.

They finally explain the time discrepancies with the Legends' future version of Star City and the other future Star City since it was from an alternate Earth. Ollie didn't look as old as he did in that episode, or as bewildered at Sara, so I'm wondering if something did change or if Sara went back before the Legends went to Star City 2046. It was nice to see Sara get an intimate moment with Oliver one last time .

I feel like Mia has grown a lot, but I'm not sure I can buy her as the new Green Arrow yet, even if I guess she's been forced into the position with her dad dying.

I can totally see Luke being jealous at the new Batarang Ray made on the fly.

"You're always one-upping me!" Y'know, she kind of is. She out-hopes him, she gets top billing whenever somebody talks about them as a pair, she came up with the idea to use their Heat Vision on the solar panels, and she lasted longer then he did with their respective Heat Visions.

Did Kelly need an action moment with Guardians' shield? I did like the Jimmy reference.

What arrow did Ollie use to subdue The Monitor? I'm kind of surprised anything worked on him. I guess we're lucky he was moved by Oliver's sentiment enough to hesitate so Oliver could hit him.

I was really not expecting Oliver to go out in the first Hour. I mean, he went out fighting, he managed to save more people on Earth-38, but to have him die so soon? He's basically their Iron Man equivalent and he didn't even get an "I Am Iron Man" moment. I'm not convinced that this is it for him (either a resurrection of sorts or Earth-16 Ollie comes in to fill his role), but it was definitely a shock. And watching Sara, the rest of the Trinity, and Mia watch him die was heartbreaking. I can't imagine how John and Team Arrow are going to take this .

So, as always, this was Nash/Pariah's fault and now he has to get transported to whatever Earth The Anti-Monitor is about to destroy next without being able to do anything to change it. I wonder if Crisis will be it for him or if they'll find a way to stick him around on Flash and explore the ramifications of what he did more. He's almost a completely different character compared to how he was introduced.

I've seen some speculation J'onn might end up using his telepathy to make the Earth-38 refugees all think they've always lived on Earth-1, unless they save that for when the Earths merge.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    It was always Ritchson as Aquaman on Smallville. He was asked to return but scheduling kept him from participating.
    ritchson is currently hawk now , is that him in his 3 second cameo on earth 9

Excellent start to the story, two minor points aside...

Sara tells an alternate version of Oliver that every version of him has been a good man... two seasons after they met Nazi Oliver. Like; really?!

Also I don't watch Supergirl except for the crossovers so I don't know who the new scientist guy is (don't remember him being in past crossovers) but god is he incredibly bloody annoying! Both the terrible dialogue and the actor's portrayal being 100% smarm, smugness and condescension to levels beyond anything I've ever seen. Can he please be killed off horribly and painfully in the first minute or so of the next episode so we don't have to see him anymore because, man; I cannot stand him.

Other than that though; incredible from start to finish!