Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1209

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Looks like Earth X was a timeline alteration for Earth Prime. And the Ray debuts on CW earth before that.
    Yeah, it seems like it was time-travelling Nazi's instead of AU Nazi's.

Maybe The Ray debuted during Invasion!?

I also thought it was weird that Batwoman debuted in 2018 when it doesn't feel like she's been around that long, but they might be timing it with Elseworlds.

Incredible Member

Also, it looks like Savitar season was erased.

Lol, It’d be quite an accomplishment if the tv universe continuity becomes just as convoluted as the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Looks like Earth X was a timeline alteration for Earth Prime. And the Ray debuts on CW earth before that.
    In the comic, earth x was one of the 5 earths that merged together. Uncle Sam and the others ended up being retconned as heroes that fought in world war 2 in the past rather than on an alternate earth where the nazis won.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Wish they'd erase the Thinker....

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Now that I think about it...with Baby Sara back...maybe Flashpoint never happened in this timeline?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

No Surprised but Tom Welling would not have done a CRISIS cameo if he was asked to wear a Superman Suit.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/02/20/...finite-earths/

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    No Surprised but Tom Welling would not have done a CRISIS cameo if he was asked to wear a Superman Suit.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/02/20/...finite-earths/
    Did the suit touch him in his no no parts when he was a kid or something jeezus, why is the guy so against it.

Retired

Given the short timeframe, it doesn't seem like they could have whipped together a suit that would fit him well. And he's a bit hefty now. Brandon Routh had enough warning that he could work out in the gym for a few months to get in shape and it looks like they tailored that suit just for him (suspicious that they went to such effort if we're never going to see him in the suit again). I think for any man of a certain age and a certain size, the thought of having to fit in a Superman suit and carrying it off on screen for all the world to see, would have one waking up in a cold sweat every night.

I appreciated the Jonathan Kent vibe and it fit the Clark Kent that Welling had played on screen for ten seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Did the suit touch him in his no no parts when he was a kid or something jeezus, why is the guy so against it.
    I think it's just because he feels that's not what his interpretation of Superman was about (it was always just building up to him wearing the suit).

So, finally watched COIE.

Batwoman's role was a bit weird. The only people she held a conversation with were Kara and Lex, a tiny bit about upgrades with Ray, (and of course Bruce). Sarah had a proposed to toast to Oliver but that wasn't really any interaction other than Kate being there, and Barry at one point told Kate to move out of the way (along with the rest of the heroes trying to stop him). Which is why I found the speed-force thing where Oliver tells Barry to go to each of the others weird because no one knew Kate so there was no context. And yeah, her part was watching Oliver and Ray, one of Oliver's memories - which made little sense to me other than a weak excuse for Kate to get a lesson from Oliver about trust.

Also bothered me that Kate just pulls off her mask and reveals herself because Kara (whom she barely knows) says it's safe.

It was even more forced with Black Lightning who was little more than some cameos. They should have done more with him, but maybe they couldn't.

Also, Oliver dying twice was IMO stupid. He was ghost, he was already dead.

But overall, I was entertained throughout, so it was fun, but meh.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 02-22-2020 at 04:48 PM.

BANNED

CW shows are mostly b tier writing.

Personally, I liked it more than the original comic book version because the CW version focused on a specific set of characters rather than just being a "big cosmic event" with a kaleidoscope of characters. Plus the CW version had the advantage of seeing the big mistake that was apparently the main point of the original Crisis. The CW immediately brought back all the realities that had been eliminated.

I never understood the whole "We need to eliminate a bunch of story possibilities by doing away with other realities" as if comic/ sci fi/ fantasy fans were somehow confused by alternate realities. "Oh, no. There are two versions of Spock. This might get confusing."

I had thought the point was to make the setting more realistic although the Justice League immediately destroyed it if that was the point.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Batwoman's role was a bit weird. The only people she held a conversation with were Kara and Lex, a tiny bit about upgrades with Ray, (and of course Bruce). Sarah had a proposed to toast to Oliver but that wasn't really any interaction other than Kate being there, and Barry at one point told Kate to move out of the way (along with the rest of the heroes trying to stop him). Which is why I found the speed-force thing where Oliver tells Barry to go to each of the others weird because no one knew Kate so there was no context. And yeah, her part was watching Oliver and Ray, one of Oliver's memories - which made little sense to me other than a weak excuse for Kate to get a lesson from Oliver about trust.
    They really needed to set up the new World's Finest.
    Also bothered me that Kate just pulls off her mask and reveals herself because Kara (whom she barely knows) says it's safe.
    It's an Arrowverse problem that heroes just can't keep their masks on.
    It was even more forced with Black Lightning who was little more than some cameos. They should have done more with him, but maybe they couldn't.
    I think there was only so much they could do with fitting Cress Williams into their schedule when his show films all the way in Atlanta and they would only have him for a brief time.

Maybe they could've made him a Paragon.
    Also, Oliver dying twice was IMO stupid. He was ghost, he was already dead.
    Yeah, I don't think they needed to have him die twice. Like, I get that they were "subverting expectations" and you need to die to become the Spectre...but it took some of the wind out of his "real" death.

Retired

They didn't bring back the realities that had existed before. They created new universes. Earth-Prime is an amalgamation of Earth-1, Earth-Black Lightning and Earth-38--and with some significant changes to the timeline and the population. The other Earths are Earths that exist on other channels--that bit near the end was like a promo for those other shows or potential shows. As far as anyone on Earth-Prime knows, there isn't a multiverse. I think if there is ever a crossover with another one of those Earths on a CW show, it will be on a case by case basis. I could see Stargirl at some point having a crossover to promote her show, because it's produced by the same people. I think it's less likely there will be crossovers with any of the other new Earths.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's an Arrowverse problem that heroes just can't keep their masks on.
    And yet when the heroes are careful not to use their powers in their civilian identities--as with Barry and Ralph in the last two episodes of THE FLASH--viewers are dumbfounded that they're not using their powers. Seems to me like Barry and Ralph learned their lessons and are trying to be low key. Of course, Ralph eventually had to use his powers with Sue, but only because her life was in danger.