Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

So is there a list of the cameos/universes involved so far?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    So is there a list of the cameos/universes involved so far?
    Brandon Routh is playing some variant of Kingdom Come/Earth-2 Superman.

Black Lightning is going to be in it.

Kevin Conroy is playing an older Batman.

Burt Ward might be playing an older Robin?

Smallville Earth - Tom Welling and Erica Durance.

Birds of Prey Earth - Ashley Scott.

Also rumors of cameos from Robert Wuhl (Burton Batman), Tom Ellis (Lucifer), and the DC Universe Titans. And Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Brandon Routh is playing some variant of Kingdom Come/Earth-2 Superman.

Black Lightning is going to be in it.

Kevin Conroy is playing an older Batman.

Burt Ward might be playing an older Robin?

Smallville Earth - Tom Welling and Erica Durance.

Birds of Prey Earth - Ashley Scott.

Also rumors of cameos from Robert Wuhl (Burton Batman), Tom Ellis (Lucifer), and the DC Universe Titans. And Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, of course.
    Along with Harbinger, Pariah, Atom (Ryan Choi), Jonah Hex and most likely the 90s Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’ve only seen clips of the 60’s Batman show but I think including any reference to it takes me out of it entirely. As long as it’s just a quick cameo then I should be ok. More than that and it’s too much. I’m seriously worried nostalgia is going to strangle this project.
    My concern is exactly the opposite, that it will be either a quick cameo with, say, Burt Ward, and it could have been the 1960s television show Earth or it could have been some other more serious world and maybe Burt Ward was supposed to be Dick Grayson or maybe not.

You could argue it many ways. The world of some of the CW shows is darker and grittier than even our own in some ways. The last season of Legends that I saw was kind of campy. The 1990 Flash show was film noire. When you introduce alternate realities and some of them are worse than a lot of the real world on a large scale, then some should be much lighter hearted where even the villains seem mild.

That said, I sincerely doubt we are going to get more than a glimpse of Burt Ward or his world. If we do, it will be a rewrite of history that presents it as if it was far more serious than it really was. For instance, in the Batman '66/ Wonder Woman '77 comic book crossover, which takes place in 1977, we find out that, after the 1960s Batman show ended, the Joker started getting more and more depraved. He murdered Alfred and Batman, in a fit of rage, killed the Joker and then retired.

Some would argue that undermines the whole concept of Batman '66 and is not canon for the show. But, for purposes of the CW crossover, it could be something that works.

I think that, in some ways, the CW Crisis has an impossible task. There's one group that, if they don't see the 1960s Batman show world and the Lynda Carter WW world on a significant level, what's the point of the whole thing? Then, another group doesn't want it to become a nostalgia fest and think having it be one ruins it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Amazing Member

Am I the only one who thinks every live action movie and series will be shown to be connected to the greater Arrowverse multiverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks every live action movie and series will be shown to be connected to the greater Arrowverse multiverse?
    I'm fairly sure they won't connect it to the current crop of DCEU movies since they want to keep them separate and, ironically, it appears the DCEU is leading up to it's own Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

I think they're using the cameos to hype the event without spoling too much of the plot. Which is a good thing by me, so long as they hold back a few cameos as surprises in the actual broadcast. I expect the series will depend on their regular players--albeit some as alternate versions of themselves.

I'm looking forward to what happens after COIE. Hopefully this event resets the Arrowverse allowing Outsiders, Challengers, Legionnaires and Manhunters to all exist in a shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm fairly sure they won't connect it to the current crop of DCEU movies since they want to keep them separate and, ironically, it appears the DCEU is leading up to it's own Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    It would be funny if they included footage from the Justice League movie and end up showing it being a dimension that the Anti-Monitor destroys. Maybe have Pariah be from that Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It would be funny if they included footage from the Justice League movie and end up showing it being a dimension that the Anti-Monitor destroys. Maybe have Pariah be from that Earth.
    So as not to be cluttering up the five shows, DC should do a YouTube video showing all the different universes being destroyed using clips from various movies, TV shows, and cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So as not to be cluttering up the five shows, DC should do a YouTube video showing all the different universes being destroyed using clips from various movies, TV shows, and cartoons.
    I like that idea. Or even air those videos on DC All Access and the CW Seed.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I hope this will be awesome, and I think it will be fun, but at the same time I know I'm going to be disappointed by several of these cameos. Most will probably be very, very brief. I hope some key ones get a bit more time to shine, like Routh’s Superman and Conroy’s Batman, but there are so many people in this I’m not too hopeful.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I hope this will be awesome, and I think it will be fun, but at the same time I know I'm going to be disappointed by several of these cameos. Most will probably be very, very brief. I hope some key ones get a bit more time to shine, like Routh’s Superman and Conroy’s Batman, but there are so many people in this I’m not too hopeful.
    I feel the same. I was so excited Routh was back as Superman, but then I put my feet on the ground and realize I shouldn't expect too much from this. Hope I'm wrong but I'm preparing for a disappointment.

I am quite hopeful and have confidence that it will be good, if not great. I actually want them to do as many cameos as possible, which so far they are not disappointing on that front. I think everyone in DC at the time was involved in the Crisis event, and I don't think they will do everybody, that's probably just about the only thing that disappoints me.

Incredible Member

I think only Routh's Superman, Welling's Superman, Hoechlin's Superman, Erica's Lois, Tulloch's Lois and maybe Black Lightning are going to be the only guest stars that are gonna played a major role.

Sorry if I have already posted this, i have been saying the same thing on many sites XD

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I think only Routh's Superman, Welling's Superman, Hoechlin's Superman, Erica's Lois, Tulloch's Lois and maybe Black Lightning are going to be the only guest stars that are gonna played a major role.

Sorry if I have already posted this, i have been saying the same thing on many sites XD
    I’m not holding my breath that welling is going to be a big part of this.