Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1209

Is it known if this crossover will get a bluray release? A standalone one I mean. Totally would place it between my classic Supes/Bats and DCEU steelbook collection.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While Supergirl (and Superman) weren't allowed to be as super as they are in terms of plot or powers, I think Kara's presence was one of the most important in the crossover. She felt central throughout, regardless of which show it was, and she played off really well against Lex and with Kate. (as well as her buddy Flash and to a lesser degree Ollie) I'm glad J'onn had a sizeable role this time.
    It definitely felt like she did more then either Superman did.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Is it known if this crossover will get a bluray release? A standalone one I mean. Totally would place it between my classic Supes/Bats and DCEU steelbook collection.
    They've never done that with any of the crossovers (even if it makes sense too) but maybe they'll make an exception for Crisis.

Or they could do the opposite: each respective season for each respective show, comes with ALL the episodes pertaining to Crisis. It could be in the menu options.

Ex: Batwoman season 1, could come with the option to see all episodes of Crisis somewhere in the menu, not just her episode.

Retired

I wonder what happens when there's seven or eight CW DC super-hero shows. Can they do a crossover with that many shows?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So I'm guessing you also felt that Tony Stark's funeral in Endgame was too over the top?

None of the other shows would exist if Arrow hadn't been a success. And most of those heroes were directly or indirectly influenced in some ways by Oliver Queen. And he died restarting the universe, saving trillions of lives. I'd say he earned his sendoff.
    A sendoff sure but it came off as very pandering and the words said felt very over the top and hyperbolic. Compared to Tony's Endgame funeral that was just that, a funeral.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There are number of issues here that both require them to remember their pre-Crisis histories and create problems if they do. For one thing, the Supers are the only ones who would know that Lex is a bad guy but by the same token, Superman now has an extra son who's history he doesn't remember. And, as others have pointed out, half the Flash series changes because of this. No way is Ollie the first now either. The book didn't do a very good job of explaining things like how we got from the pre-Crisis Superman to the post.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    To be perfectly correct it was "Perez Landing" and the battle against Anti M moved there from the battle at "Gardner Pier." That's pretty fitting, since this was a quasi-Justice League fight and Gardner Fox created the Justice League (also the Justice Society--and John Broome named both Gardner Grayle and Guy Gardner after his DC comrade).
    Ah, Perez Landing. I heard Square somewhere, but now I can't remember what that was.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Finally I don't think Ollie is out yet. As GA most likely; but I could imagine him popping up here and there as Spectre.
    As enjoyable as that may be, I'd like to see Oliver get some sense of peace and done-ness by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While Supergirl (and Superman) weren't allowed to be as super as they are in terms of plot or powers, I think Kara's presence was one of the most important in the crossover. She felt central throughout, regardless of which show it was, and she played off really well against Lex and with Kate. (as well as her buddy Flash and to a lesser degree Ollie) I'm glad J'onn had a sizeable role this time.
    Yeah, Supergirl was on high alert when it came to Lex, and it certainly paid off (well, in the short term, Lex seems to have gotten a long term victory).

I wonder what happens when there's seven or eight CW DC super-hero shows. Can they do a crossover with that many shows?
    Would the CW even want that many shows at once? Don't they only have like 10 shows per week in their primetime line-up?

My guess would be instead of major cross overs of all we'd get more smaller cross overs. So instead of 1 major crossover a year each show might have 2 or 3 crossing over with only one show.

Say in one season Flash might have a 2 ep crossover with SG and another with Legends and a 3rd with BL, all of them only 2 eps one from each show. Each crossover might have a cameo (crisis / elseworlds style of some of the others showing why they didnt join.

How cool would it be if say Flash or SG uses some JL communicator when they get into a sticky spot thats just a bit much for them alone and another hero answers the call but we see why others are too busy to not

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Would the CW even want that many shows at once? Don't they only have like 10 shows per week in their primetime line-up?
    They dont have to be "at once". DC legends currently airs at a different time of the year to the other shows. They could run 4 shows one season and 4 the other. Have a different CW DC show fill the same time slot when a season finishes. Sort of like how DCU had Titans then Doom Patrol then Swamp Thing in their first year. They were supposed to have Harley then Stargirl the same way till they delays SG.

Right now they have seven (assuming GA and the Canaries goes to a full series and replaces Arrow), eight if we count Stargirl since it'll be airing on the CW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    A sendoff sure but it came off as very pandering and the words said felt very over the top and hyperbolic. Compared to Tony's Endgame funeral that was just that, a funeral.
    Well, compared to Endgame this has always been the "Arrowverse," so I think it makes sense to focus a lot on Green Arrow now that that moniker is even more literal.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There are number of issues here that both require them to remember their pre-Crisis histories and create problems if they do. For one thing, the Supers are the only ones who would know that Lex is a bad guy but by the same token, Superman now has an extra son who's history he doesn't remember. And, as others have pointed out, half the Flash series changes because of this. No way is Ollie the first now either. The book didn't do a very good job of explaining things like how we got from the pre-Crisis Superman to the post.
    I am wondering if they've stretched the timeline a little to have Ollie predate both Superman and Batman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I am wondering if they've stretched the timeline a little to have Ollie predate both Superman and Batman.
    I think it's obvious that Ollie never predated Batman even in the old timeline. People just didn't believe Batman was real. In terms of Superman, I don't think it matters. No one remembers the old timeline anyway. Whatever line the president gave sounds more like a screw up on the writer's part than intentional.
    Assassinate Putin!

Intermediary

I enjoyed it

and am looking forward to Stargirl as that was a title that got me back into DC comics after a while away and it links the old 40s/50s stuff in a very cool way

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think it's obvious that Ollie never predated Batman even in the old timeline. People just didn't believe Batman was real. In terms of Superman, I don't think it matters. No one remembers the old timeline anyway. Whatever line the president gave sounds more like a screw up on the writer's part than intentional.
    I agree with Batman but disagree regarding Superman it is after all the arrowverse and it makes sense that they would deliberately try to make sure he was the first publicly known Hero all it takes is to retcon it so that arrow debuted in say 2009 or 10 instead of 12 Superman comes along in 2010 which allows plenty of time for when Supergirl debuts in 15 for her to have been a teenage girl when Clark placed her with the Danvers who has aged to the point of her debut

I hope they do this crossover next year:

Obviously they would have to change the name to just Armageddon.

They've said the next crossovers will be smaller and I look forward to that. Maybe it will just be pairs of shows crossing over (like Batwoman/Supergirl or Flash/Black Lightning) where the crossover will be about the relationship between the two main characters, deepening their relationship or maybe even coming to blows over a real and genuine conflict. I think that would be pretty cool.