Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1209
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

I'm glad there's an Earth-Prime while the other shows can remain on their own, but I'm still a little confused by Earth-2. It seems like they can't merge that Earth, not just because of Laurel, but Harry and Jesse as well. If Nash is our one and only Wells, we'll never see Harry again? Can we get characters like Atom Smasher and Dr. Light in for real? And is Argo and Alura still gone?
    Supergirl mentions Argo is back in the finale so I am assuming Alura is too.

As for Earth 2. To me this is a whole new Earth 2 based more on the classic comic version. If they really wanted to be clever they could still use Tom Kavanaugh and Violett Beane on Earth 2. Since they are using a lot of legacy characters on Stargirl they could still have Violett as Jesse Quick only instead of Harry they could have Kavanaugh playing her dad Johnny Quick. They could also use new version of Atom Smasher and Obsidian and all the other legacy JSA characters if they really want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I don't follow Titans and Doom Patrol but I thought they'd crossed over with each other before so I thought it was weird that they got separate numbered Earths in the end.

Having never heard of Gleek I'd assumed from what was shown that it must be another Gorilla Grodd related character (sibling, partner, kid or some such). Interesting to see that it's somehow something even weirder!
    You should check out Doom Patrol. IMHO the best live action super hero show out there. Up there with Daredevil, above the Boys and Umbrella Academy.

Gleek was the pet space monkey of the wonder twins who were the kid JLA sidekicks of the second Superfriends cartoon of the 70s. The one that introduced Apache Chief, Samarai, Black Bulkan, and Eldorado into the Justice league as minorities. The wonder twins would touch hands and the brother Zan could transform into anything formed out of water or ice while his sister Jaina could become any animal
    I know it doesn't matter but TITANS, DOOM PATROL, and STARGIRL are all in the same universe. DOOM PATROL is a spin off of TITANS
    A version of Doom patrol appeared in season 1 of Titans but there were differences from the one of the DP show.

1. It had a completely different actor as the chief
    2. Crazy Jane wasnt a part of the team
    3. There was no reference to beast boy in DP either and they covered decades of the team
    4. Titans Chied was visibly more easily percieved as someone experimenting on metas while DP chief hid that fact for a whole season to be revealed in the last couple eps.

The fact that stargirl is now set to appear on HBO max and then CW instead of DCU I expected would make it no longer a part of any continuity of the other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Titans doesn’t deserve to be in the same universe as Doom Patrol. Would have been neat if Swamp Thing was though. Could have brought him in for an episode. Resolve loose ends.
    Agree with both.

The writing of season 2 of Titans was all over the place. Inconsistent characterization which was certainly NOT the case in DP. In DP there was character growth and development that moved the characyers forward gradually not just chop and change at a whim.

I would love to see Swanpy and or Blue Devil appear in DP season 2. I think that crearive team could do wonders with either character

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    The ending was fun enough. Could've done without the Green Arrow clamoring.
    He's literally the reason this whole universe even exists. Every show in this universe started from his. He's the Iron Man of it. It would have been offensive if he didn't get more praise.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Now that was a conclusion! I think all the fun cameos happened in the first couple parts (although Ezra Miller was the cameo I really wasn't expecting but still hoping for and the Doom Patrol made me laugh) so that way the core Paragons could take the focus in the conclusion. Oliver passed the mantle on to Mia before so that he could spend his remaining screentime saying goodbye to Barry and Sara. Kate still feels like the new kid (her scene in the Speed Force was my least favorite), but Ryan did a good job being the down to Earth human element.
    All the Speed Force scenes felt like they were kind of padding things out, but Kate's was the only one that actually felt like it had a point of giving Kate a scene with Oliver and having her actually learn something from him.
    I'm glad there's an Earth-Prime while the other shows can remain on their own, but I'm still a little confused by Earth-2. It seems like they can't merge that Earth, not just because of Laurel, but Harry and Jesse as well. If Nash is our one and only Wells, we'll never see Harry again? Can we get characters like Atom Smasher and Dr. Light in for real? And is Argo and Alura still gone?
    Now that you mention it, how does Nash make sense if the Multiverse never existed? How could there have been multiple Harrison Wells' on Team Flash?

Maybe Jesse is Nash's daughter. He seemed to have had one judging by how he interacted with Allegra.
    I caught his name as a writing credit for one episode, I wonder how involved he was for this? Also, the final battle in Perez Square was a nice nod to George Perez.
    He was a consultant and I think he helped write Hour Four. He's also writing a tie-in comic.
    Ralph was there to recruit Ryan and show his powers to prove they were superheroes. I guess seeing was believing for him. I wonder if there are going to be any reserve Leaguers? It would be fitting to have the likes of Elongated Man, Black Canary, and the Atom to be "on call" even if they're not part of the official line-up.
    I think anyone on a solo hero's team is counted as a reserve hero. So Team Flash, Team Arrow, Team Supergirl, Team Legends etc. are reservists that the main group can call on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Where does Ryan Choi go from here? Does he go away? Replace Ray on Legends? Become a supporting character on Flash?
    Ryan seemed at home at STAR Labs, so could he join Team Flash? He seems too normal for Legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I guess we'll get some answers concerning Oliver in the final ep of ARROW.

I do wonder if the voiceover at the end of COIE implies that he survived in his Spectre form?

Or was it something more like Spock's take on 'space, the final frontier' at the end of TWOK (since Spock was originally going to stay dead)?
    There's still that scene of The Monitor taking Felicity to where Oliver is. I don't think he's completely dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My understanding is that she was an actress on Babylon 5. Since I didn't watch it, I have no idea who she is. Other than she played a sci-fi character on another sci-fi show, IDK what her connection to the DCU is. If any. My guess is Lynda Carter was asking too much and she was available.
    If we're following Supergirl's continuity, she wouldn't be President any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I know it doesn't matter but TITANS, DOOM PATROL, and STARGIRL are all in the same universe. DOOM PATROL is a spin off of TITANS, and Beast Boy comes from that team. That should be Earth Prime. The CW Earth should be Earth 967 or something!

The CW Justice League looks really terrible, I was hoping this would wipe them all out and we'd pick things up in the reality of Routh's Superman. Oh, well.
    No one's ever said Stargirl is set in the same universe as Titans and Doom Patrol. It fits way better on Earth-2.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    He's literally the reason this whole universe even exists. Every show in this universe started from his. He's the Iron Man of it. It would have been offensive if he didn't get more praise.
    Stephen Amell said you could still call it the Arrowverse after Arrow ended. Now it's literally a universe created by The Green Arrow.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Where does Ryan Choi go from here? Does he go away? Replace Ray on Legends? Become a supporting character on Flash?
    Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are both leaving Legends at some point this season so it would be a natural fit for him to step in and be the new Atom.

Interestingly I had no idea until I saw an article about their departure that Routh and Ford are married and have children together.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are both leaving Legends at some point this season so it would be a natural fit for him to step in and be the new Atom.

Interestingly I had no idea until I saw an article about their departure that Routh and Ford are married and have children together.
    Explains their on screen chemistry.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All the Speed Force scenes felt like they were kind of padding things out, but Kate's was the only one that actually felt like it had a point of giving Kate a scene with Oliver and having her actually learn something from him.
    Other than maybe the Ezra Miller part, the cinematic aspect ratio scenes were relevant to the story being told. Although we didn't know it at the time, part 4 is the last Arrowverse episode set in the old continuity and those scenes remind of us of key elements in that old continuity--which will soon be overthrown in the next episode. We see the scene from Invasion, which reminds us of the first time we saw the Hall of Justice. And then in part 5, we see it again, but it doesn't come out of the blue because we were reminded of it in that scene. In the Elseworlds scene, Oliver explains to Barry the deal he made with the Monitor and he delivers the line about the dead being at peace and the heroes have to go on--which sets up his last lines to Barry as he goes to his rest, while Barry must carry on.

I think the great thing about COIE is the writers didn't sacrifice developing major character storylines to fan service. I'm sure a lot of fans were upset that Kevin Conroy didn't go out a hero in his Batman incarnation. But he wasn't there to satisfy the fan's need to see the BTAS Batman in live action--he was there to impart a moral lesson for Kate. The previous BATWOMAN episode had her determined to kill her sister--but now she sees where that leads. From all that she learned in the five parts of COIE, Kate Kane has been changed and that will change the course she takes in the rest of her series.

Going forward, I wonder if some characters will have problems existing in the new continuity. There could be some kind of "Identity Crisis"--not the DC event, which I hate--but one where characters like Wells, Laurel, Cisco, Jennifer, J'Onn remember different lives and a single identity struggles to prevail. That could be a way to keep the Council of Wells in continuity--with Wells having a multiple personality disorder.

Sorry if this has been answered already but did they say what happens to people who had counterparts on Earth 1, 2 and 38? We know there's a Bruce Wayne and a Laurel Lance on Earths 1, 2 and 38 for Bruce so are both sets of them just walking around somewhere on Earth Prime? Did the sets get merged together, DBZ fusion style, anyone know the deal with that?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

For me I was entertain from start to finish. Solid 'B'.

Entertainment Weekly Q&A with Producer Marc Guggenheim.

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/15/crisis-...ra-miller-mia/

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered already but did they say what happens to people who had counterparts on Earth 1, 2 and 38? We know there's a Bruce Wayne and a Laurel Lance on Earths 1, 2 and 38 for Bruce so are both sets of them just walking around somewhere on Earth Prime? Did the sets get merged together, DBZ fusion style, anyone know the deal with that?
    If it is anything like the comic, and I'm pretty sure it is. They all got merged into 1 being with 1 history, which is likely a mix of both histories. So there shouldn't be a problem of doppelgangers or having 2 of 1 person on this earth

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Other than maybe the Ezra Miller part, the cinematic aspect ratio scenes were relevant to the story being told.
    Thinking about this some more, the Ezra Miller part does serve an in-story purpose for our Barry and the audience. It tells our Barry that he still has other counterparts out there--thus there's hope for a multiverse, they aren't doomed and that gives Barry the boost to save everyone, and it connects to the end of the crossover, when we see some of the other Earths in the new multiverse.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It tells our Barry that he still has other counterparts out there--thus there's hope for a multiverse, they aren't doomed and that gives Barry the boost to save everyone, and it connects to the end of the crossover, when we see some of the other Earths in the new multiverse.
    I think that's a reach. I don't even think they know the Multiverse is out there again.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Sooooo….is the Monitor still alive, and if so, is he a different version (since the Anti-Monitor said there would always be one in the Multi-verse to make his tragic mistake)?